• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intelligent Design is a Fact- Evolution is a Theory!

allfoak

Alchemist
Bold empty claims supported by even more bold empty claims defended with elementary school level tactics using high school level vocabulary.

Did you look at his posting history or are you defending him because you like his attitude?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sure you can- you just don't want that discussion so you tried to hijack it instead.
That was to provide interest until you made it clear what you want to discuss.
We've now gotten past the language problem.
But all I see is that you reject the TOE as the mechanism of how life evolved.
And that you object to abiogenisis.....so it appears.
You've registered these opinions, but it's time to support & discuss them.

allfoak

Alchemist
Now you are just plain lying since I just joined this forum and neither of those are my discussions.

Anyone can check your posting history for themselves and see that i tell the truth.
In fact, i would suggest that the staff do just that.
I may even make a formal complaint if it keeps up.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Did you look at his posting history or are you defending him because you like his attitude?
I am basing it on the two threads where he made claims of probability, denied he made any math claims, then accused everyone who disagreed with him of trolling.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Thought that might get your attention so before you rush to post your arguments read:

You should then reconsider your strategy. Purposefully being foolish is not helpful to either your personal credibility nor to the ideas you want to discuss.

Dante Writer

I don't see intentional design as necessary.
Evolution has superior explanatory power.

"Evolution has superior explanatory power"

Great then explain to everyone here how evolution happens from life that did not exist before?

Explain where that life came from that is evolving as you say?

Your theory does not address the origin of that life and without that piece your theory falls apart.

If you want to claim life can evolve from inorganic life then tell us how that happens?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anyone can check your posting history for themselves and see that i tell the truth.
In fact, i would suggest that the staff do just that.
I may even make a formal complaint if it keeps up.
Or we could just abandon the thread.

Dante Writer

I am basing it on the two threads where he made claims of probability, denied he made any math claims, then accused everyone who disagreed with him of trolling.

You mean that post where you trolled repeatedly and got spanked for it in front of your friends?

That post?

allfoak

Alchemist

perhaps i am misunderstanding you.
I apologize if that is the case.
I seem to be a liittle off the mark today.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The title is a follow up on my other discussion about Intelligent design and why it is not creationism and required no God or Super Natural power.

There were many in those discussions that were still associating creationism with intelligent design to dismiss the idea so this is their chance to prove that Intelligent Design is not a fact if they can.

Repeat with me: "Reversal of the burden of proof is not a valid thing to demand".

Once we establish that Intelligent Design is not creationism then we can look at how that could be applied to the formation of life on earth and other planets.

Too bad.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
"designed by a higher pre-existing intelligence."

No- that is Creationism and to lump the two together is an immature trick to avoid the fact that Evolution does not address the origin of life.
How many times must you be informed that the Theory of Evolution never claimed to address the origin of life? Evolution is about the change in gene frequency over time, in the case of abiogensis, once there are genes that can change frequency the abiogenetic event is long in the past.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"Evolution has superior explanatory power"
Great then explain to everyone here how evolution happens from life that did not exist before?
You're conflating the TOE with biogenesis/abiogenesis.
Regarding the latter, I don't know.
Explain where that life came from that is evolving as you say?
I like abiogenesis as the origin.
It's testable.
Your theory does not address the origin of that life and without that piece your theory falls apart.
The TOE explains what it explains.
Biogenesis isn't a "hole", because the TOE doesn't address it.
If you want to claim life can evolve from inorganic life then tell us how that happens?
I don't claim that it did originate with "inorganic life".
But once there is life, there is evolution.

Dante Writer

You should then reconsider your strategy. Purposefully being foolish is not helpful to either your personal credibility nor to the ideas you want to discuss.

"Purposefully being foolish"

Now you explain how I am being foolish because this forum says it is for the discussion of evolution vs. creationism and yet all I see is anytime someone brings up an idea of an alternative to Evolution you and the evolutionsts here jump all over it trying to hijack it and attack the OP.

If you do not want discussion and debate on those subjects why do you have this forum?

I made this post because until we can separate out ID from creationism we can not objectively look at how life may have originated on this planet and without that the theory of evolution is and creationism are always going to be fighting.

I am trying to find a way to bridge that gap so we can find common ground from which to discuss the science

If you consider that foolish and this forum has no intention of ever letting anyone discuss Intelligent Design then tell me that!