• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing @Kenny

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It is to me.

Someone can through act of will make his actions be according to his understanding of what is needed. That is action through a sense of duty. And that kind of action, while positive does not free someone. There might be satisfaction but no true joy. That to me is outside in.

Someone with real joyous love in their heart feels freedom in spite of physical or psychological issues. They may stumble and fall, but like a little child in a loving family, they know that they are loved and that love leads naturally to overcoming issues not from duty but from the love in their heart.
Wonderfully said.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Let’s take my friend Ernie battling alcoholism. Goes to AA (a great program) - talks about a “higher power” - meditation, honesty and seeking the higher power.. They make their confession, “My name is Ernie - I am an alcoholic”.

That helped him quite a bit - but he was always looking at himself as an alcoholic and following steps not to fall back because of the fatal attraction. He has a method to guard himself from the desire of the same.

He came to our church and received Jesus as Lord that changed the spirit of man into the image of God. He learned, “My name is Ernie, I am a new creature and i have power over alcohol.” Because his spirit was changed on the inside the desire for it left. Now he helps other people.

Sometimes it is quicker. Lucas walked into the church gave his life to Jesus and the addiction to every type of drug including cocaine, just left with no withdrawal symptom…changed from the inside that manifests itself of the outside.

Many counseling sessions deals with how to cope with one’s issues so that you can live. If it is from the inside out, one doesn’t learn how to cope with the issue, one is freed from the issue. not saying that there aren’t counseling sessions that can free someone… but God changes the inside (like a seed that is planted) - and eventually you see it on the outside.

Hope that is clear.
Yes, I do think I understand. :)

You don't need to cope with burdens when the burden has been lifted. Even if the scenario is the same, the burden is gone.