• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is a nation only safe when "manly men" are allowed to be men? *snicker*

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh, Nick Adams, you have Elizabeth Hasselbeck convinced that America is in more danger because of wussified men as a result of feminism. Because feminism doesn't allow men to be men. And limp-wristed men make mediocrity while manly men win. And this nation is all about winning.

I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I want to engage in this debate seriously, but if Nicky is saying it's a world-wide phenomenon that manliness is being threatened and destroyed which will eventually erode civilization as we know it...and that equates to American not winning as much. Because feminism. Because....

*giggles*

Okay. Let's chit chat. Any thoughts? Has feminism destroyed men from being men? From voting rights to owning property to entering the work force to equal pay for equal work to challenging sexist stereotypes of women to [add feminist stance here]. Do you agree with Nick Adams that feminism doesn't allow the nation to be safe or restricts America from winning?

Do you have a different take on this? Is it rude for me to keep laughing like this?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This Nick guy would be eaten alive if he posted here, eh?
Even we non-feminists would be spanking his plump little Aussie rump.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
This Nick guy would be eaten alive if he posted here, eh?
Even we non-feminists would be spanking his plump little Aussie rump.

His vague references to being a man never really offered an analysis of what it actually means to "be a man" outside of watching football or shooting guns.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
His vague references to being a man never really offered an analysis of what it actually means to "be a man" outside of watching football or shooting guns.

It means having a muddied, rusted out pickup truck on a lift kit, a collection of crushed beer cans in the bed and confederate flag in the rear window.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
It means having a muddied, rusted out pickup truck on a lift kit, a collection of crushed beer cans in the bed and confederate flag in the rear window.

While Toby Keith is blaring out from the stereo, right? Specifically that we'll put a boot in your *** being played on a loop?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I guess even James Bond isn't manly enough then. He has the audacity to look polished and to drive a sleek car. Not only that, but he drinks martinis. Wussy metrosexual.
It depends upon how one drinks them.
Sean Connery & Daniel Craig pull it off with manly flair.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
While Toby Keith is blaring out from the stereo, right? Specifically that we'll put a boot in your *** being played on a loop?

Yes, after working long hours doing a menial under-the-table job due to an arrest record and a lack of GED, and coming home to a dilapidated, roach-infested trailer filled with a bare-footed, pregnant girl puffing on a cigarette and sipping from a bottle of cheap whiskey, along with their 5 screaming, feral children.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Yes, after working long hours doing a menial under-the-table job due to an arrest record and a lack of GED, and coming home to a dilapidated, roach-infested trailer filled with a bare-footed, pregnant girl puffing on a cigarette and sipping from a bottle of cheap whiskey, along with their 5 screaming, feral children.

I suddenly feel safer. And I don't know why.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
You're in a thread populated by manly men (a clown & a school janitor), toots.

This is where my dominatrix avatar would make that observation more than a little entertaining.

A clown and a school janitor? One wears make-up. The other pushes a broom. Sounds rather emasculated, fellas. Why don't you man-up and go smash some bricks together?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
For want of a (slightly) different opinion...
l have a weird mix of 'manly' pursuits, like beer-drinking, sports watching and complete absence of man-scaping/ along with less manly ones, like posting here and trying to be empathetic.

Whilst l have, on occasion, been known to bemoan a lack of manliness, mostly in the younger generation, I don't think I've ever thought to blame feminists.

Go figure.

For the record, I'm still not thinking of blaming feminists.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
OK, if no one else in this thread is going to blame feminists, then I will.

Silly, silly feminists, you! You know who! You savages! You savage savages!

There, the gauntlet is thrown, my dears.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
To those types, a "many man" means machismo or acting like a dominating caveman. I see no evidence that such behavior is socially frowned upon by the society at large. You see it with high school boys, frat boys, Latino men, black males affecting the "gangsta thug" image, etc. I don't view those males as really being masculine, or rather they are performing a very crude idea of masculinity. They are usually very insecure.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Feminism isn't really keeping men feminine, I'd say the hippie culture was aiming in that direction though.