• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is a nation only safe when "manly men" are allowed to be men? *snicker*

dust1n

Zindīq
I usually associate manliness with the capacity to think and make cogent arguments, instead of pretending to know what one is talking about. Is that weird?

Alceste

Vagabond
Oh, Nick Adams, you have Elizabeth Hasselbeck convinced that America is in more danger because of wussified men as a result of feminism. Because feminism doesn't allow men to be men. And limp-wristed men make mediocrity while manly men win. And this nation is all about winning.

I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I want to engage in this debate seriously, but if Nicky is saying it's a world-wide phenomenon that manliness is being threatened and destroyed which will eventually erode civilization as we know it...and that equates to American not winning as much. Because feminism. Because....

*giggles*

Okay. Let's chit chat. Any thoughts? Has feminism destroyed men from being men? From voting rights to owning property to entering the work force to equal pay for equal work to challenging sexist stereotypes of women to [add feminist stance here]. Do you agree with Nick Adams that feminism doesn't allow the nation to be safe or restricts America from winning?

Do you have a different take on this? Is it rude for me to keep laughing like this?

My grandfathers were both very manly men. I don't recall either of them ever seeking out air time to whine about how tough it is to be a man. They were too busy building things, hunting and target shooting.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I usually associate manliness with the capacity to think and make cogent arguments, instead of pretending to know what one is talking about. Is that weird?

*shakes head sadly* Here, have a couple bricks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Real men win arguments by force of will, cowing the opposition into submission.
A strong & stern voice with a dominating air of authority can crush mere reason & evidence.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

You're confusing being a man with being a "True Man", "Macho Man", or "Manly Man". The latter, in my experience, are strutting wuses chronically concerned with what others think of them. At the fire department I worked at to put myself through university, we wouldn't hire the "tough guys" cause we thought they might get us killed showing the world how manly they were.

Kerr

Oh, Nick Adams, you have Elizabeth Hasselbeck convinced that America is in more danger because of wussified men as a result of feminism. Because feminism doesn't allow men to be men. And limp-wristed men make mediocrity while manly men win. And this nation is all about winning.

I'm trying so hard not to laugh. I want to engage in this debate seriously, but if Nicky is saying it's a world-wide phenomenon that manliness is being threatened and destroyed which will eventually erode civilization as we know it...and that equates to American not winning as much. Because feminism. Because....

*giggles*

Okay. Let's chit chat. Any thoughts? Has feminism destroyed men from being men? From voting rights to owning property to entering the work force to equal pay for equal work to challenging sexist stereotypes of women to [add feminist stance here]. Do you agree with Nick Adams that feminism doesn't allow the nation to be safe or restricts America from winning?

Do you have a different take on this? Is it rude for me to keep laughing like this?
Depends on what you mean by "men being men" :p. Ideals change. Nothing wrong with that. Infact, I would consider it a good thing, since the current ones are limiting us.

EDIT:

I remember this movie where this American president candidate said "God bless America and nowhere else". So his oponent answered "Why not God bless America and everywhere else?" I sympathize more with the second sentiment (as much as a non-american atheist can). But perhaps I am not a man, since I dont care that much about competition. Perhaps its unmanly to care more about cooperation. Then I guess I prefer to be unmanly :p.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't forget to give him a beer, a football and a gun to go with that. You wouldn't want his balls falling off.

Hmmm...I'd more than happily take the beer and the football.
Not sure I want the bricks, gun, or lack of nuts though.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

*giggles*

two separate items
Feminism has created many issue's for the male population and the female population. Mostly when its taken to the extreme. There are differences between the sexes, Mental, Physical and Chemical. Feminists will typically give the differences little creedence.

Feminism has driven men to be more agressive at times. I believe we are better protected by our soldiers who wish to get away from the pressure of feminism. More men are willing to fight just for the relaxation they get out of it.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
What does feminism have to do with manly men? Feminism has to do with empowering women to do as they want and equality.

I don't need to control women to be a manly man. I don't need to be a manly man to be a man either.

The women in my life can protect themselves. As a Patriarch, I have seen to that.

My wife is a marksman. My daughter is a black belt. I support them in any endeavor they want to pursue. That is being a real man. It is not about me, it is all about them.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
two separate items
Feminism has created many issue's for the male population and the female population. Mostly when its taken to the extreme. There are differences between the sexes, Mental, Physical and Chemical. Feminists will typically give the differences little creedence.

There is more of an overlap than there are differences, from my understanding. Can you elaborate on these differences that if taken seriously alleviates males and females problems?

Feminism has driven men to be more agressive at times. I believe we are better protected by our soldiers who wish to get away from the pressure of feminism. More men are willing to fight just for the relaxation they get out of it.

Do you believe men were not aggressive before feminism? What pressure from feminism is on the soldiers? What kind of fighting do men do just for relaxation?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
What does feminism have to do with manly men? Feminism has to do with empowering women to do as they want and equality.

I don't need to control women to be a manly man. I don't need to be a manly man to be a man either.

The women in my life can protect themselves. As a Patriarch, I have seen to that.

My wife is a marksman. My daughter is a black belt. I support them in any endeavor they want to pursue. That is being a real man. It is not about me, it is all about them.

:clap

If I may add, grown women understand that they share in the responsibility of caring for others.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
There is more of an overlap than there are differences, from my understanding. Can you elaborate on these differences that if taken seriously alleviates males and females problems?

Do you believe men were not aggressive before feminism? What pressure from feminism is on the soldiers? What kind of fighting do men do just for relaxation?

There are studies showing the differences and scientific opinions. With the internet they are easy to find and you wouldn't have to deal with my interpretation.

I believe one of the differences is that men are more aggressive then women and that certain aggression relieves stress in men.