• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anti-theocracy considered a "far right" position, e.g. the Netherlands

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Summary:

Many Muslims in Europe want Sharia law. Sharia law represents a big step towards theocracy.

Geert Wilders recently won a big election in the Netherlands based on his positions that Islamic immigration to the Netherlands must be stopped. In this video and others, Wilders is called "far right". So does that mean that being against theocracy is now a "far right" stance?

Some polls on Sharia in Europe:

Poll: 40% of UK Muslims want Sharia

And around the world, support for Sharia is quite high:

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Summary:

Many Muslims in Europe want Sharia law. Sharia law represents a big step towards theocracy.

Geert Wilders recently won a big election in the Netherlands based on his positions that Islamic immigration to the Netherlands must be stopped. In this video and others, Wilders is called "far right". So does that mean that being against theocracy is now a "far right" stance?

Some polls on Sharia in Europe:

Poll: 40% of UK Muslims want Sharia

And around the world, support for Sharia is quite high:

Could be anti-Muslim and basic anti-theocratic sentiment combined working together. There are folks who wouldn't mind a more Christian based theocracy. It's that those who support, in the west, shari'a are of the wrong religion and culture for many Europeans.

BTW, one could be opposed to theocracy and still have far right leanings, i.e. nationalism.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
He is against an Islamic theocracy.

Yes, to your question I think it is correct to consider the Christian far right to be against theocracy if that theocracy is Islamic. And the Islamic far right would equally be opposed to a Christian theocracy.
I imagine that PM Trudeau would never say what this PM says.