• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
With our current population, I can't help but think that any god would probably prefer us to adopt. Why add to the problem of over population when there are so many children who are already here and who need a home?

shmogie

No, the geneticists are clearly saying that they are in no way connected with the Biblical Adam and eve. They went out of their way to make it clear that they were NOT making that connection and it is absurd to link these two with the Bible in any way.
I din't say they were, I simply said they used the two names

shmogie

You haven't even been able to provide evidence. As I said, there is plenty of proof that major flooding happened in the Middle East during ancient times, but not a global flood, and Noah is not the first or only flood story.
As for a global flood and Noah's Ark, it runs into a major problem that the size of the ark would have only been about the size as an ocean liner, which is far too small for seven of a handful of animals and two of every other kind, plus food, and plus any supplies brought with them.

That makes no sense. I deny your claims, but I've been providing evidence and studies that I do not deny. This "chronic denial" you accuse me of is illogical simply by the fact I have been posting things I do not deny.

In an abstract way, and the names "Adam and Eve" used because they are easily understood by most people, and time frame as these two are not congruent with accepted Biblical timelines, and these two didn't even live during the same time.
re the ark,
You said that piece of evidence supported the Biblical account. It obviously doesnt.[/QUOTE
Wait....so God made them infertile...which is immoral...therefore God made them....immoral?

Hell with that God.
No, not quite. They were born unable to reproduce. God is no more responsible for that than someone born with MS, asthma, or a shriveled leg. We are back to the issue that will never be resolved, or has been resolved in some peoples minds, wrongly. At the risk of hearing the shrieking, name calling, and indignation, here we go. Homosexuality is an act, that is contrary to the design and function of males and females. Regardless of what is in someones mind, can they refrain from an act ? yes. There is your answer, yours to accept or reject as you choose, the choice is completely yours. As the young people of today say, it is what it is. As we said when I was young, different strokes for different folks. Everyone is perfectly free. If the woods are dark and scary, or just smell bad to you, go around

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
re the ark,

No, not quite. They were born unable to reproduce. God is no more responsible for that than someone born with MS, asthma, or a shriveled leg. We are back to the issue that will never be resolved, or has been resolved in some peoples minds, wrongly. At the risk of hearing the shrieking, name calling, and indignation, here we go. Homosexuality is an act, that is contrary to the design and function of males and females. Regardless of what is in someones mind, can they refrain from an act ? yes. There is your answer, yours to accept or reject as you choose, the choice is completely yours. As the young people of today say, it is what it is. As we said when I was young, different strokes for different folks. Everyone is perfectly free. If the woods are dark and scary, or just smell bad to you, go around
PreacherToTheChoir said:

God made them infertile but it is still immoral as God intended male & female to reproduce.

So clearly his position is that God made them that way.

shmogie

No, the geneticists are clearly saying that they are in no way connected with the Biblical Adam and eve. They went out of their way to make it clear that they were NOT making that connection and it is absurd to link these two with the Bible in any way.
I didn't

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
We are free to have our views. It is not a test of fellowship for him to have the view he does, and for me to have my view.
He said that God made infertile people infertile, then said that not reproducing is a sin because male & female were created to reproduce.

That is a really unfair God and a position that makes no sense. Why would God create infertile people, then call them immoral for not reproducing?

shmogie

You said that piece of evidence supported the Biblical account. It obviously doesnt.
Nope, never said that. I did say on the question of a single language at one time, CONSIDER the genetic evidence. To consider something means just that, for what it may be worth. I said NOTHING about any Biblical account. We are projecting and assuming, again. We should stop.

shmogie

He said that God made infertile people infertile, then said that not reproducing is a sin because male & female were created to reproduce.

That is a really unfair God and a position that makes no sense. Why would God create infertile people, then call them immoral for not reproducing?
Perhaps he didn't state his position clearly. I don't think a husband and wife are immoral for not having children. Heck, as screwed up as the world is today, I am not sure I would want to inject a child into it. This is the reason my daughter has no children. Perhaps he is Roman Catholic, who view the issue differently than we Protestants, I don't know.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps he didn't state his position clearly. I don't think a husband and wife are immoral for not having children. Heck, as screwed up as the world is today, I am not sure I would want to inject a child into it. This is the reason my daughter has no children. Perhaps he is Roman Catholic, who view the issue differently than we Protestants, I don't know.
Read the exchange between us and decide for yourself what he is saying then, because I can't take it any other way.