• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Once again, the sampling is tiny, tiny enough to say that any other representative fossils of the general have not been discovered, If you have a partial skeleton, or two, how is it possible to claim these as representative of an entire population ? Anomalies are anomalies
Two things:

1. Another post just addressed this.

2. I already corrected your claim about partial skeletons and drawings.

shmogie

What do you think we are? DNA and RNA are chemicals. Neuro-transmitters are chemicals. Conception all the way to death is nothing more than a series of chemical reactions.

Ever been sunburned?
DNA and RNA aren't life. In the alleged primordial sea they would disconnect as fast and as easily as they connected. The strands would destruct as easily as they constructed. If there were no ozone layer, you would die, not get a tan. If the oxygen layer was present to support the ozone layer, then oxygen was present to destroy the alleged life building blocks. If there was no oxygen, no ozone layer, then life could not have existed

johnhanks

Once again, the sampling is tiny, tiny enough to say that any other representative fossils of the general have not been discovered, If you have a partial skeleton, or two, how is it possible to claim these as representative of an entire population ? Anomalies are anomalies
You are clutching at straws. Homo erectus remains have been found all over Eurasia, from populations separated by thousands of miles and hundreds of thousands of years. And in every case we are to assume that we have stumbled on yet another anomalous individual, uncannily similar to all the other anomalous individuals we've found from populations scatterered over millions of square miles and hundreds of thousands of years? How palaeoanthropologists must be yearning for the day when they at last unearth a normal individual!

shmogie

You are clutching at straws. Homo erectus remains have been found all over Eurasia, from populations separated by thousands of miles and hundreds of thousands of years. And in every case we are to assume that we have stumbled on yet another anomalous individual, uncannily similar to all the other anomalous individuals we've found from populations scatterered over millions of square miles and hundreds of thousands of years? How palaeoanthropologists must be yearning for the day when they at last unearth a normal individual!
No, another species of human

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Allow one of your beliefs to make the point perfectly clear. Harvard biochemist and Nobel laureate, George Wald; "When it comes to the origin of life there are only two possibilities : creation or spontaneous generation., There is no third way. Spontaneous generation was disproved 100 years ago, but that leads to only one other conclusion, that of supernatural creation. We cannot accept that on philosophical grounds, we therefore choose to believe the impossible, that life arose spontaneously by chance "
The experiment revolving around spontaneous generation of life has nothing to do with abiogenesis. All Pasteur's experiments showed is that complex modern life doesn't appear spontaneously, which was never asserted by abiogenesis. Rather that simple life came from organic chemicals synthesized chemicals during specific conditions via montmorillanite clay. (Re: Miller-Urey experiments. By the way, Miller was a Nobel nominee and Urey was a laureate.)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
It doesn't tweak evolutionists as much as cats turning to dogs does. It begs the question, why did they have to return to the sea, they got too fat ? They are mammals, they share mammal traits, including pelvic bone structure. That doesn';t mean they were walking around on land. Dolphins are small mammals, they didn't get too fat, why did they quit their earthly treks and jump back into the sea ? If there is a basic design for mammals, and they were created as mammals to live in the sea, there was no need for them to jump out, then "millions of years later" jump back in

Well, that is micro evolutionism at its best :)

What makes you think that evolution "designs"?

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well, a gorilla is a gorilla, it is not a human. If you see a human, because it has similar physical design, so be it., Where are the ape like creatures in the intermediary stages, or just about human. They don't exist.

We are still apes. Great apes to be precise. So, I am not sure what your point is. Why do you need an ape intermediary between an ape and another ape? To quote the Bible, we and chimps are the same kind. Isn't that visually obvious?

The great American naturalist and author, who passed away a few years ago ( sorry I just don't remember his name) was one of these. He saw the flaws, and said he was "very worried" about them

You mean Stephen Jay Gould?

Ciao

- viole

shmogie

The experiment revolving around spontaneous generation of life has nothing to do with abiogenesis. All Pasteur's experiments showed is that complex modern life doesn't appear spontaneously, which was never asserted by abiogenesis. Rather that simple life came from organic chemicals synthesized chemicals during specific conditions via montmorillanite clay. (Re: Miller-Urey experiments. By the way, Miller was a Nobel nominee and Urey was a laureate.)
Read what an extremely prominent, atheist, biochemist said. If his words are wrong, argue with him, not me. I personally give his words an edge over yours. He knows better than you what is impossible re the issue. The experiments you cite have very serious flaws based upon the presence of oxygen, or not, and the process of disociation. You simply can';t have it both ways, which you are trying to do, no oxygen, no life, oxygen, deconstruction of the alleged life forming compounds, spontaneous generation of life can';t happen either way. Your experiments are out of date, as are the assumptions they are premised on.

shmogie

We are still apes. Great apes to be precise. So, I am not sure what your point is. Why do you need an ape intermediary between an ape and another ape? To quote the Bible, we and chimps are the same kind. Isn't that visually obvious?

You mean Stephen Jay Gould?

Ciao

- viole
Yes, thank you. You quoted the Bible ?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Read what an extremely prominent, atheist, biochemist said. If his words are wrong, argue with him, not me. I personally give his words an edge over yours. He knows better than you what is impossible re the issue. The experiments you cite have very serious flaws based upon the presence of oxygen, or not, and the process of disociation. You simply can';t have it both ways, which you are trying to do, no oxygen, no life, oxygen, deconstruction of the alleged life forming compounds, spontaneous generation of life can';t happen either way. Your experiments are out of date, as are the assumptions they are premised on.
A quote you've failed to source or contextualize does not change that the vast majority of biochemists do not view abiogenesis as the same as spontaneous generation nor exclude the Miller-Urey experiments as 'out dated' or irrelevant (or subsequent tests with montmorillanite clay which have shown the same sort of organic chemical catalyzation.)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
DNA and RNA aren't life. In the alleged primordial sea they would disconnect as fast and as easily as they connected. The strands would destruct as easily as they constructed. If there were no ozone layer, you would die, not get a tan. If the oxygen layer was present to support the ozone layer, then oxygen was present to destroy the alleged life building blocks. If there was no oxygen, no ozone layer, then life could not have existed
Says who? So far your claims on this have been inaccurate.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Yes, thank you. You quoted the Bible ?

Poor Dr. Gould. I wondered how many times he had to spin in his grave considering how many desperate creationists in the quest for scientific confirmation quoted him as an example of anti evolution.

You seem to ignore entirely what he said. Which gives now overwhelming evidence that my interpretation of micro evolutionist was correct. :)

He just objected on the basic mechanisms of evolution (puntuated equilibrium vs. gradualism) , but he never doubted for a second about evolution and common descent (e.g. The hominous fish in our family album). He actually fought fiercely against any attack to evolution in public schools. Maybe its time to render him honor by quoting him correctly.

Yes, I quoted the Bible when I said that we and chimps are the same kind. Who else would use the word "kind" when applied to modern biology?

Ciao

- viole