• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is caffein good for you?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I used to be a junkie for Jamaca Blue Mountain coffee. I can't afford it anymore, but I still remember how smooth it was.

jonny

Katzpur said:
I don't like water either. Maybe it's because it doesn't have a taste to it. I'm surprised to hear anyone say they don't like coffee. As a Mormon, it's against my religion to drink it, but I have tasted it on occasion and it's definitely not hard for me to stay away from. I don't even like the smell.

Now, you're all going to laugh at me. :eek: I love milk. Cold, cold milk.
I'm just the opposite. I grew up in Washington and you couldn't go anywhere without running into an Espresso stand. I loved the stuff (shhhh, don't tell my mom!). If I could have any milkshake it would be the chocolate covered espresso bean shake from Burgerville. Mmmmmmm! I haven't drank any coffee since I was on my mission though (funny story for another time).

:162: I've been very good and have started drinking some stuff called Pero or something like that. It tastes similar to coffee, but doesn't have any caffiene in it.

Here I go letting all my past transgressions into the open. I guess everyone has their temptations.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Caffiene can cause stimulation of the tissues of the breast along with other areas. Too much can cause a hardening of the breast tissue and can become painful. It is a stimulate just like nicotine, and therefore is as addictive as such. While it may help the speed at which pain medication works and therefore has benefits, it has consequences that can cause pain as well.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I have given up all caffiene... and feel tons better for it. I have far fewer cramps when diving and I never feel stiff in the morning. Well, almost never! :D

NoName

Katzpur said:
I don't like water either. Maybe it's because it doesn't have a taste to it. I'm surprised to hear anyone say they don't like coffee. As a Mormon, it's against my religion to drink it, but I have tasted it on occasion and it's definitely not hard for me to stay away from. I don't even like the smell.

Mmmm. I love milk too! My favourite beverage. Especially whole milk. Like 10x the flavour!

But anyway, this thread isn't about which coffees you like, but whether or not it is good for you.

andypandy said:
If you drink a cup of coffee, you need to drink the same amount of water. But who cares, I love coffee.
yup coffee/caffeine is a diuretic. and drinking water is really good for the body anyway.

Radar

FeathersinHair said:
Hehee, not as far as I know. The caffiene dehydrates you, and can cause over-stimulation. I'm fighting my addiction to Dr. Pepper at the moment, so I need to remind myself of that!
Dr. Pepper does not contain caffine!

Radar

Studies have shown that large doses of caffine are as effective as methamphetamines to maintain and amplify alertness without the harmful side effects and without building a torlerance like one would with meth.

haha!:clap

i think 7up/sprite are caffeine-free, but never knew about DrP. huh.

back to the topic of this thread, ive read in several different places that green tea is a healthier caffeine-containing drink option than coffee, anybody else heard that? or heard of other, healthier-than-coffee options?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Dr. Pepper does not contain caffine!
Dr. Pepper ingredients: Carbonated water, ......carmel color........and last, caffeine.
7-Up, sprite, sierra mist, and most root-beers are caffiene free.

I tried to give up caffiene, but I actually had an easier time giving up cigarettes. I go three days without caffiene, and the best way I can put it, I feel like s**t. I have been several weeks without anything to smoke, and I never felt bad.

When I'm at work, I usually drink 2 large cups of coffee, a few cups of mountain dew, take a couple caffiene pills, and I drink several large cups of water. I won't sleep for awhile, but I would rather be awake at night and sleep during the day anyways.

SoyLeche

meh...
WillieHutch said:
haha!:clap

i think 7up/sprite are caffeine-free, but never knew about DrP. huh.

back to the topic of this thread, ive read in several different places that green tea is a healthier caffeine-containing drink option than coffee, anybody else heard that? or heard of other, healthier-than-coffee options?
I know they sell it in Utah, at least. You can even get Caffiene Free Mountain Dew there.

Melody

Katzpur said:
I'm not laughing. I love ice cold milk. As a general rule, I avoid caffeine because it negatively affects my blood sugar levels. Although when I get a headache that looks like it's taking on all the signs of a migraine, I take an excedrin migraine tablet (or 2) and they contain caffeine. Only thing that gets rid of the headaches.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
WillieHutch said:
ive read in several different places that green tea is a healthier caffeine-containing drink option than coffee, anybody else heard that? or heard of other, healthier-than-coffee options?
I just heard on NPR that coffee has more anti-oxidants than even green tea.