• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Catch 22 God`s plan?

rajakrsna

Is catch 22( damned if you do & damned if you don`t) God`s plan? You see, you are made here to choose an option which is between the devil:D & the deep blue sea. Does catch 22 lead to derision or redemption? Any takers?

Cordoba

The 2 options we have are very clear:

1- Believe in God and use our free will to follow His Guidance in this life

2- Disbelieve and claim that God does not exist

From a believer's perspective, option 1 leads to a happy life here and in the Hereafter, whereas option 2 leads to the opposite

Each individual is free to choose ...

rajakrsna

The 2 options we have are very clear:

1- Believe in God and use our free will to follow His Guidance in this life

2- Disbelieve and claim that God does not exist

From a believer's perspective, option 1 leads to a happy life here and in the Hereafter, whereas option 2 leads to the opposite

Each individual is free to choose ...

Let`s say you are the WBC heavyweight boxing champion & prelude to a most awaited fight of the century, your 8 year old daughter was kidnapped. The ransom is that you ditch the fight or something bad happens to her. In other words, you are accountable to your fans/country if you ditch the fight & win your daughter`s freedom from her captors if you do. Which is which? Another example. What if you`re running for President of the USA? Your daughter is kidnapped & something bad would happen to her in exchange that you cancel your candidacy & let somebody run instead(polls say you will win by a landslide)?:confused:

w00t

God would be a despicable deity if you were not permitted to exercise free will and reject the concept of a deity, and be thrown into hell for doing so!

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Let`s say you are the WBC heavyweight boxing champion & prelude to a most awaited fight of the century, your 8 year old daughter was kidnapped. The ransom is that you ditch the fight or something bad happens to her. In other words, you are accountable to your fans/country if you ditch the fight & win your daughter`s freedom from her captors if you do. Which is which? Another example. What if you`re running for President of the USA? Your daughter is kidnapped & something bad would happen to her in exchange that you cancel your candidacy & let somebody run instead(polls say you will win by a landslide)?:confused:

How is that relevant to the post you quoted?

rajakrsna

How is that relevant to the post you quoted?

If I were that WBC heavyweight boxing champion & that US presidential candidate I gave as an example of what catch 22 is? If these are really God`s plan? Then I`d rather chose to let my 8 year old daughters live even It`s only my self- esteem that`s devastated here & not these human lives I treasure most. I`d rather dye( my hair) so others may live?:D:grill:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Is catch 22( damned if you do & damned if you don`t) God`s plan?

Life is a series of choices. Everytime we choose something we give up something, so yes (or "blessed if you do, blessed if you don't" depending on how you look at it).

rajakrsna said:
Does catch 22 lead to derision or redemption?

That's a choice too. I think the trick is being at peace with the choices you make. It's the people who go through life second guessing themselves, or driving themselves crazy trying to figure out how to have it both ways that are in hell.

rajakrsna

Life is a series of choices. Everytime we choose something we give up something, so yes (or "blessed if you do, blessed if you don't" depending on how you look at it).

That's a choice too. I think the trick is being at peace with the choices you make. It's the people who go through life second guessing themselves, or driving themselves crazy trying to figure out how to have it both ways that are in hell.

There`s a saying, " You can choose your friends but not your relatives.":slap:

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
If you want to avoid "God's wrath" all you have to do is chant "Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Jesus is my Lord and Savior." over and over again. It also cures diabetes.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
If I were that WBC heavyweight boxing champion & that US presidential candidate I gave as an example of what catch 22 is? If these are really God`s plan? Then I`d rather chose to let my 8 year old daughters live even It`s only my self- esteem that`s devastated here & not these human lives I treasure most. I`d rather dye( my hair) so others may live?:D:grill:

I think I get you. I thought you were using the above metaphorically, but you're using them as real world examples... and all the question marks are confusing. Right, I see your point, but isn't what you're saying a bit... wait... what's your point? I'm not sure if this is a criticism of religion or what.

You could also ask, "Is pain part of God's plan?" "Is the study of dinosaurs part of God's plan?" "Is Weird Al Yankovic part of God's plan?" "Is my thumb part of God's plan?" In other words, what is God's plan? I don't really understand what you're trying to point out.

rajakrsna

I think I get you. I thought you were using the above metaphorically, but you're using them as real world examples... and all the question marks are confusing. Right, I see your point, but isn't what you're saying a bit... wait... what's your point? I'm not sure if this is a criticism of religion or what.

You could also ask, "Is pain part of God's plan?" "Is the study of dinosaurs part of God's plan?" "Is Weird Al Yankovic part of God's plan?" "Is my thumb part of God's plan?" In other words, what is God's plan? I don't really understand what you're trying to point out.

When our house was destroyed by fire almost 2 years ago, our friends were telling us not to worry because God has a better plan for that.:sad4:

4ton Mantis

so far nobody has given a good example of a catch-22. so i'll use one from the actual book. If you fly dangerous missions in WWII you have to be insane, if you are insane you cannot fly anymore missions. but if you don't want to fly any more missions and request that you're mentally unfit to fly missions, you must be sane.

rajakrsna

so far nobody has given a good example of a catch-22. so i'll use one from the actual book. If you fly dangerous missions in WWII you have to be insane, if you are insane you cannot fly anymore missions. but if you don't want to fly any more missions and request that you're mentally unfit to fly missions, you must be sane.

That story came from the novel" Catch 22" written by Joseph Heller. It was the character named Yossarian who said that it was a catch.:D

rajakrsna

Joseph Heller the author of the novel Catch 22 was himself a flyer in WWII.