• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is executing someone for Idolatry or defending Atheism Evil?

Executing someone for apostasy is evil

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
e·vil
ˈēvəl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    profoundly immoral and malevolent.
    "his evil deeds"
    synonyms: wicked, bad, wrong, immoral, sinful, foul, vile, dishonorable, corrupt,iniquitous, depraved, reprobate, villainous, nefarious, vicious,malicious; More
  2. noun
  1. 1.
    profound immorality, wickedness, and depravity, especially when regarded as a supernatural force.
    "the world is stalked by relentless evil"
    synonyms: wickedness, bad, badness, wrongdoing, sin, ill, immorality, vice,iniquity, degeneracy, corruption, depravity, villainy, nefariousness,malevolence;

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Okay good the pol showed up...it didn't on the last one

I know this sounds like a silly question to most of you because the answer is, of course! Yet there is a significant chunk of the world's population that says no. I would like to dialogue with these people if you who are the reader happen to be one of them, to find out what their explanation for it is or how they would defend it.

Someone posted the statistics below on one of my threads. I found it interesting. Does the law actually enforce this in these countries? If so, these governments are more inhumane than I thought. For the sake of balance, are there other countries where it is a Religion other than Islam that is influencing the Government to execute people for apostasy?

Freedom of Religion has gone too far when it is permitted to a Religion that calls for violence and persecution of those who apostatize!

863px-Apostasy_laws_in_2013.SVG.png

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I know of no other nation that condones murdering someone for apostasy.
Or condones murdering people for not being of a particular religion.
Or who's religion permits deception if it serves that religion.
Or a religion that beheads others then records it for the world to see on the internet.
Or that orders a person executed for not respecting that religion.
And on and on ad naseum.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I know of no other nation that condones murdering someone for apostasy.
Or condones murdering people for not being of a particular religion.
Or who's religion permits deception if it serves that religion.
Or a religion that beheads others then records it for the world to see on the internet.
Or that orders a person executed for not respecting that religion.
And on and on ad naseum.
Well then My God....

Isn't it okay to call a spade a spade on a forum where it is relevant. This is a Religious forum. Why not call Evil what it is?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So is it politically incorrect to point out that
By the definition you provided, yes it is unequivocally evil.

The complete consensus so far is that it is evil.

so the founder of a Religion (Muhammad) commanded people to do what is unequivocally evil! We are all in agreement on this. And it continues to this day. There is nothing wrong with pointing out barbaric and inhumane behavior. I find it ironic that one can call the behavior unequivocally evil but then to say a Religious figure who enforced the evil practice is evil is politically incorrect.

1+1=2

Pure and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
So is it politically incorrect to point out that

The complete consensus so far is that it is evil.

so the founder of a Religion (Muhammad) commanded people to do what is unequivocally evil! We are all in agreement on this. And it continues to this day. There is nothing wrong with pointing out barbaric and inhumane behavior. I find it ironic that one can call the behavior unequivocally evil but then to say a Religious figure who enforced the evil practice is evil is politically incorrect.

1+1=2

Pure and simple.

But then again, God in the Bible ordered plenty of things that were equally evil, should we acknowledge that God is a prick? Why not?

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
But then again, God in the Bible ordered plenty of things that were equally evil, should we acknowledge that God is a prick? Why not?
Of course we should. Why not? He is a prick. Acknowledged!

What are we concerned about, ancient texts or current affairs?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Of course we should. Why not? He is a prick. Acknowledged!

What are we concerned about, ancient texts or current affairs?

But try to convince a lot of Christians that the deity they worship is a sick, sadistic ******* and they somehow get offended. Imagine that! I'm not concerned at all about ancient texts unless they can both be objectively demonstrated to be true and can be shown to be applicable to the current state of affairs.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Matthew, how do you feel about what the ancient Israelites did in the old testament?
I feel it is awful. However, there were many stories that were told orally for centuries before it was written down. Are Israelites stoning people today according to some sick law that says God wills it. No. But it is not uncommon in muslim countries.

What concerns me is what happens today. Does the Old Testament haunt and disturb my mind? Yes it does. But Jesus said let He who is without sin cast the first stone. Jesus said do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Never once did Christ command such primitive madness or institute such harsh intolerant laws. 600 years later Muhammad did. Jesus brought a New Covenant. The Old Covenant was for the Jews and the nation of Israel. Not for us.

There is only one monotheistic Religion that forces millions of people to obey these laws that everyone on this site so far agrees is Evil.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
But try to convince a lot of Christians that the deity they worship is a sick, sadistic ******* and they somehow get offended.

Apparently Jesus admitted he was wrong. He did away with that. That is clear. So as far as im concerened God admitted that the law of the old testament was Wrong!!

Muhammad never apologised for what he did.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Apparently Jesus admitted he was wrong. He did away with that. That is clear. So as far as im concerened God admitted that the law of the old testament was Wrong!!

Muhammad never apologised for what he did.

Where did Jesus ever say "oh yeah, owning another human being is wrong and always has been"?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
He didn't. I wish he had.

He did say do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That would include if you own someone.

But the fact is, at least according to what's written in the Bible, Jesus never said that, we have no reason to think that Jesus thought that, he still lived in a day where slavery was commonplace and he likely still accepted it as fine. That's not something you'd expect from a godlike entity, would you? The problem is, we have only some third party's statements in the Bible to go by, you have no idea if Jesus ever actually existed or said any of the things attributed to him. He's just a character in a book of mythology.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Weird, I know a lot of Muslims who think that everything you just listed is wrong and that their religion says so. So no, there isn't. I think this thread is little more than your continued anti-Islamic bias.
words are cheap. If someone believes that there should be such laws instituted and they want people to be attracted to their Religion they want the Religion to appear as attractive as possible.

The fact of the matter is that the founder of the Religion commanded such things to be done and there are millions of people who must live under such laws in Muslim countries but we don't see such laws enforced by Christians and Jews or any monotheistic Religion in any country in the planet.

With Islam alone do we see this enforced on many people.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
But the fact is, at least according to what's written in the Bible, Jesus never said that, we have no reason to think that Jesus thought that, he still lived in a day where slavery was commonplace and he likely still accepted it as fine. That's not something you'd expect from a godlike entity, would you? The problem is, we have only some third party's statements in the Bible to go by, you have no idea if Jesus ever actually existed or said any of the things attributed to him. He's just a character in a book of mythology.
Well, if he never existed, that is odd because time is dated (B.C. and A.D. are commonly used to count years in time. Jesus Christ’s birth is used as a starting point to count years that existed before (B.C.) and after (A.D.) He was born. For example, the year 532 B.C. refers to the time 532 years before A.D. 1, when Christ was assumed to have been born.) over a fictional charactar.

I would say there is more evidence indicating Jesus existed than there is indicating that Confucius existed. Jesus may not have preached against slavery but he did preach against mistreating other human beings. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That is the law...he made that Extremely clear