• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is executing someone for Idolatry or defending Atheism Evil?

Executing someone for apostasy is evil

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Matthew get back to bible and read where Jesus said the law of Moses will not be forsaken.
But u follow Paul so it doesnt matter what i say. U do exactly the opposite of Jesus.
He didnt eat pork, but u do. He kept sabbath, but u dont.
He worshipped God, u worship him.
He kept the law, u left the law.

Goodnight with ur failed crusade on islam.
No, some people say things clearly knowing what they are talking about. Jesus never said Gentiles had to follow the law that was given to the Jews.

Jesus said you have heard eye for eye tooth for tooth (old testament) but I tell you love your enemies and do not return violence for violence.

The followers of the law of Moses said the law commands us to stone this woman to death. Jesus said let he who is without sin cast the first stone and they dropped their stones and walked away. Jesus asked her where her accusers had gone. He said neither do I accuse you.

Jesus didn't erase the law. He added new commands to it. He added a new law. He brought a new covenant. That is obvious that Jesus didn't want gentiles to be bound by the law that was given to the Jews. It is absolutely obvious!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
SaintMatthew...if by 'founder' of 'your religion,' you are referring to Jesus...you'd be wrong. Jesus was against organized religion (or so the story goes). Jesus isn't the 'founder' of Christianity.

Matthew 16:18
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Christianity is suppose to be a Religion that is based on the teachings of the man it is named after

1. Christianity (from the Ancient Greek word Χριστός, Christos, a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ, Māšîăḥ, meaning "the anointed one", together with the Latin suffixes -ian and -itas) is an Abrahamic, monotheistic religion based on the life and oral teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as presented in the New Testament.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
. I think this thread is little more than your continued anti-Islamic bias.
Actually in my threads, the point is Im voicing how badly I want monotheistic religions to preach love for one another and the golden rule rather than kill and i am lamenting how much it afflicts my mind to see such crimes in our modern world in the name of an invisible God.

Pardon me for preaching love and hospitality on a Religious forum.

If Christians or Jews begin to bring laws that require the execution of apostates and adulterers into contemporary forms of Government that makes my hair stand on end even more than if it comes from an Islamic Government.

Also you allow yourself to be selective for Christianity, you ignore all of the scriptures prior to Jesus

Not true! I can provide you with quite a few links where I ignore no such thing

Too bad all of your other threads contradict this message.
Not true

Since Jews and Christians no longer institute these policies and laws, in the name of Charity and hospitality I don't go after Judaism and Christianity very often. I want to see Islam do away with harsh and inhumane policies hence you see why I mention Islam so often when I mention crimes committed legally in the name of an invisible God.

Deidre

You're back pedaling because you didn't think anyone would call u out on your anti-Islamic bias.

If you feel a certain way about something, and make it known...don't be surprised if people believe you. lol ^_^

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You're back pedaling because you didn't think anyone would call u out on your anti-Islamic bias.

If you feel a certain way about something, and make it known...don't be surprised if people believe you. lol ^_^
Not true!

Im not back pedaling on anything. Can you produce evidence that I back pedaled? If you are going to say Im back pedaling you need to provide evidence that I no longer hold the views I previously stated.

I agree with my views as I expressed them. If Islamic laws and policies didn't call for the beheading and stoning of people like Deidre and Matthew, I wouldn't have issues with Islam.

For any Muslim who would stand up for doing away with such injusticies, well, I will call them what they are...Heroes! :)

Is this Evil:
Islamic historians tell us that in 627 AD Mohammed beheaded over 700 men (and boys) of the Qurayza tribe in Medina, Arabia. WHY DOES ISIS BEHEAD PEOPLE? Because Mohammed Did

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
No I'm not ignorant at all of what the Old Testament said. The Old Testament law was for a nation of Jews not for Christians. That is obvious if you know what Christ and his Apostles and the New Testament taught.

Learn the Bible before you call me ignorant.
I'm not talking the law, I'm talking everything God did and advocated his people do. Your reconciliation of that is to discard it as "not Jesus" which is disingenuous.

If your threads were really about love you might work towards understanding others. I rather agree with Andrew Wiggan that to destroy something you must love it. If you want to get rid of extremism, you're going about it the wrong way. Try understanding the cultural differences among extremist muslims, and between them and moderate muslims, within muslim majority countries and within muslim immigrant communities in non-muslim countries.

All of this would show an effort to love. You on the other hand are making threads going "LOOK HOW BAD THIS BAD STUFF IS, YOU ALL AGREE THAT IT IS BAD RIGHT? WHY CAN'T WE TALK ABOUT HOW BAD THIS BAD STUFF IS????????"

It's got all the subtlety and intellect of Glenn Beck.

Faybull

The first in the clause, is adversary to life. The second is a belief, and faith without works, is dead.

Faybull

No, some people say things clearly knowing what they are talking about. Jesus never said Gentiles had to follow the law that was given to the Jews.

Jesus said you have heard eye for eye tooth for tooth (old testament) but I tell you love your enemies and do not return violence for violence.

The followers of the law of Moses said the law commands us to stone this woman to death. Jesus said let he who is without sin cast the first stone and they dropped their stones and walked away. Jesus asked her where her accusers had gone. He said neither do I accuse you.

Jesus didn't erase the law. He added new commands to it. He added a new law. He brought a new covenant. That is obvious that Jesus didn't want gentiles to be bound by the law that was given to the Jews. It is absolutely obvious!
The Christ comes to complete the law, whether in consequence or affirmation, it is all the same in the end.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I

All of this would show an effort to love. You on the other hand are making threads going "LOOK HOW BAD THIS BAD STUFF IS, YOU ALL AGREE THAT IT IS BAD RIGHT? WHY CAN'T WE TALK ABOUT HOW BAD THIS BAD STUFF IS????????"

It's got all the subtlety and intellect of Glenn Beck.
Okay....I admit I make many mistakes in my approach.

I have however repeatedly said that there are a lot of good things about Islam and a lot of beautiful passages and wisdom in the Koran. I even said that most of Islam I don't see as bad.

That doesn't change the fact that Muhammad was a mass murderer and im not going to sugar coat how I speak about such a person and how much misery and suffering his example brought and continue to bring to our world.