• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Faith reasonable?

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
thats a good point

the rules of logic do not hold true in the world of quantum mechanics.
Logic holds immutably true in the world of quantum mechanics. We just think that logic is synonymous with intuition, which is wrong.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Logic holds immutably true in the world of quantum mechanics. We just think that logic is synonymous with intuition, which is wrong.

Excuse me....the last documentary on particle experiments clearly indicated a huge amount of question....with only speculative answers.

There's no truth in science.
It is a quest for information.
And with each discovery...more questions.

Logic is a useful tool when 'speculating' about the afterlife.
Try using some logic in a religious debate and see what happens.

Drop your crutch of science and stand up for yourself.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Ha I know, it's just something I've been thinking about lately. I have a TON of faith in the rules of logic, and by no means am I questioning them.

But if you want to get super philosophical, how do we know that they are true? how can we know that the rules of logic actually exist in reality? Is it possible that in reality the rules of logic could actually be different?

I think logic, science, math, etc, all require faith to a certain degree, because their foundations all contain assumptions at some level. I think I'm going to make a thread about this :)

Yes please...stick around for this one.
and pm the title of your next thread to me.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
thats a good point

the rules of logic do not hold true in the world of quantum mechanics.

Relativity: gravity. There are four fundamental forces: Gravity, electromagnetism, strong force and weak force. The latter three deal with quantum physics, while gravity deals with everything larger.

Quantum mechanics differs incredibly from gravity in the sense that with gravity, you can predict the exact outcome. However, with quantum mechanics you can only get probability. Such as the position of electrons.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
(Mostly because Relativity AFAIK makes several assumptions that don't fit into QM. Relativistic QM does produce the fuzzy answers you'd expect.)