• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God a man?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
How can God not be if we come from God, living, moving, and experiencing life in God? To me, God isn't an abstract. God is a life giver, intelligent, all encompassing, and while knowable, God is far too complex for us to know everything about God's reality. Which, I think is great. This means we'll always be able to grow and develop and increase our understanding as we live, move, and experience life in God...I get bored sometimes, but this isn't due to there not being anything to occupy my time. I suppose I can be a little slothful, although I do make effort to keep myself occupied.
I don't think we can even imagine what God is. But whatever he is, he is certainly not a carbon based life form.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I don't think we can even imagine what God is. But whatever he is, he is certainly not a carbon based life form.
For years on end, I viewed God to be "Love" and so I focused only on that attribute of God, and for far too many years. I was informed that God is "love" and God is "wrath", to which I disagreed with the wrath ... at first. I came to realize that God is many things...Everything, really, and being formed from the substance of that which was created in and by God, and from God, I can't deny with any sense of sincerity that God is not also carbon based, among many other things. It took me quite a long time to get from where I started to where I've grown since in my personal understanding of what God is. We all seem to take different stances and it's likely that none of us are wrong.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You did two things there; you avoided the question and you preached your religion.
I have not mentioned my religion. I have not avoidedany question.
You said: "religious objections to evolution then and now are based on mythology and ancient world views not relevant today."
Yes
So is the society you live in. Personally, I have three problems with that. Firstly, I rejected, rather than objected to, evolution long before I became a believer,
So what?!?!?! Rejection of science based on intentional ignorance of science does not need religious belief.
secondly, I don't take anything religion says any more seriously than I do science,
Not meaningful since you are a belie

ver and reject science.
and thirdly, and probably most importantly, if you remove ideology from the proverbial table, you and I don't have a discussion. That's avoiding the obvious fact that science was based upon, founded upon religious thinking by religious thinkers.
No.

Avoiding it because, although it is a fact, it isn't relevant to my everyday life, just as evolution isn't. I found it very useful to remove ideology in my everyday life.
Confusing and not meaningful.
Just as you believe Darwinian evolution is factual history and yet Christianity, Islam and the sciences of evolution carry on.

Why?

Continue waiting at your leisure. If asked I can, in great detail, point to the Bible being misused by idiotic xenophobes with a racist agenda. If you can't do the same with your own ideology it's only because you don't care enough to look for it or aren't honest and self-aware enough to admit it. That's your problem, not mine. So, while you wait, why don't you do that? After all, you're not going to take my word for it, are you? A word of advice though, you might want to consider the possibility that contemporary sources may only tell you what you want to hear. I call that confirmation bias. The stuff of ideologues. Not real science or religion.

It corrects itself? Is it fallible? It isn't settled?

Nonsense. What is on the verge of destroying the world isn't religion, it isn't even the weapons of mass destruction science has given us, it's ideology. The corrupted science of ideas.

As you study the Bible and understand what Rightness is and Sin is then you will understand that God is total righteous without sin. Staying total righteous is what God has to do. So when God sent His Son Jesus in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering Romans 8:1
That kept God in total righteousness without sin. The flesh is sin, God could no way come in the flesh and destroy his righteousness.
God is a Spirit and those who worship God must worship him in Spirit and truth. John 4:24

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You did two things there; you avoided the question and you preached your religion.
Shunyadragon has never done any of the two things in all his time here (more than 7 years). He supports science. I am surprised that he belongs to a religion.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I would like to ask the OP: okay, God is not a man.
But what is a man?
What is the end of human existence?
Why is man here?
We cannot deny something undefined.

According to the Scriptures, of course.
Thank you. :)

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Shunyadragon has never done any of the two things in all his time here (more than 7 years).

In my experience, there are two ways to quickly silence an atheist (i.e. skeptic, unbeliever) and that is 1) to ask them questions about the propaganda they espouse and 2) try not to make any mistakes for them to easily dispel, thus justifying their confirmation bias.

He supports science. I am surprised that he belongs to a religion.

His religion is scientism. People who adhere to scientism aren't interested in true science; they give it a bad name. Rather, they are interested in their world view.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
I have not avoidedany question.

Nonetheless homo sapiens are Great Apes and evolved within and from a family of Great Apes and evolved in a greater order Primate from common ancestors.

What greater order Primate from which common ancestors? It doesn't really matter how you classify them.

No answer.

So what?!?!?! Rejection of science based on intentional ignorance of science does not need religious belief.

I only rejected it as it was taught to me in school. I regurgitated back to them their own propaganda in order to pass the class, preventing me from having to endure it a second time. I passed the class. The evolution I was taught then, not so many years ago, is now obsolete, like a passing fad, just as in the foreseeable future the "facts" you espouse as undisputed dogma will - evolve into some other form.

God is not a man. To understand Righteousness and Sin one has to study the Bible and understand that God is total 100 percent righteous without sin. So God had to send his Son in the likeness of sinful man to take the fall. Romans 8:1 God who is a Spirit and those who worship God must also worship him in Spirit. John 4:24.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
As you study the Bible and understand what Rightness is and Sin is then you will understand that God is total righteous without sin. Staying total righteous is what God has to do. So when God sent His Son Jesus in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering Romans 8:1
That kept God in total righteousness without sin. The flesh is sin, God could no way come in the flesh and destroy his righteousness.
God is a Spirit and those who worship God must worship him in Spirit and truth. John 4:24

Though there is some truth there, it is mixed with uncertainty. Sin means to miss the mark. It was used of archers, for example, who missed the target. If you are late for work you sin against your employer. If you fail in your own expectations you sin against yourself. God is total righteous without sin because no one sets a mark for him. As Sovereign Lord he sets the mark.

Jesus wasn't sent in the likeness of sinful man for if he had been he would be an unworthy sacrifice; retribution for Satan and Adam's sin. Jesus wasn't in the likeness of sinful man because he had no sin. This legal arrangement is not what kept God in total righteousness without sin, God does that on his own.

The flesh is not necessarily sin, as Adam was flesh prior to sinning, Jesus was without sin although flesh until taking upon himself the sin of Adam.

Though there is some truth there, it is mixed with uncertainty. Sin means to miss the mark. It was used of archers, for example, who missed the target. If you are late for work you sin against your employer. If you fail in your own expectations you sin against yourself. God is total righteous without sin because no one sets a mark for him. As Sovereign Lord he sets the mark.

Jesus wasn't sent in the likeness of sinful man for if he had been he would be an unworthy sacrifice; retribution for Satan and Adam's sin. Jesus wasn't in the likeness of sinful man because he had no sin. This legal arrangement is not what kept God in total righteousness without sin, God does that on his own.

The flesh is not necessarily sin, as Adam was flesh prior to sinning, Jesus was without sin although flesh until taking upon himself the sin of Adam.
If you study the Bible sin is disobeying God. Disobeying God means disobeying the 10 commandments God gave to us to Follow. Those who do not follow them will not be saved. Jesus was sent in the likeness of sinful man. Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit in Christ hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not in that it was weak through the flesh. God sending is own SON in the likeness of sinful man, and for sin. condemned sin in flesh.
Those who follow God and obey God are no longer a slave to sin.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
If you study the Bible sin is disobeying God. Disobeying God means disobeying the 10 commandments God gave to us to Follow. Those who do not follow them will not be saved. Jesus was sent in the likeness of sinful man. Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit in Christ hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not in that it was weak through the flesh. God sending is own SON in the likeness of sinful man, and for sin. condemned sin in flesh.

----> ignore-list

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
If you study the Bible sincerely without prejudice or bias you would realize it it is ancient tribal religion burdened by mythology without science. and with little of no relevance to reality and today's world.

Living in the past paradigms is not the hope of the future of humanity.

Last edited:
If you study the Bible sincerely without prejudice or bias you would realize it it is ancient tribal religion burdened by mythology without science. and with little of no relevance to reality and today's world.

I have studied the whole Bible and understand the Whole Word of God. That is why I can answer truly about God. If you have studied the Bible yourself, you would see that the Bible also tells us of the future things to happen to show us that God is getting closer and closer to us to end this world. The old testament is about the history of creation of the world and life. It tells us who Created the world and life. and who we are to obey to have a good life. The old testament also tells us what God does to people that do not obey him. God destroyed the earth 3 times in the Bible and this will be his last time. Only them that follow and obey God now will be saved.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I have studied the whole Bible and understand the Whole Word of God. That is why I can answer truly about God. If you have studied the Bible yourself, you would see that the Bible also tells us of the future things to happen to show us that God is getting closer and closer to us to end this world. The old testament is about the history of creation of the world and life. It tells us who Created the world and life. and who we are to obey to have a good life. The old testament also tells us what God does to people that do not obey him. God destroyed the earth 3 times in the Bible and this will be his last time. Only them that follow and obey God now will be saved.
Repeated religious assertions ancient beliefs over and over and over again does not give them credibility since the they represent just one of many ancient tribal beliefs from scripture without provenance,

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Many claim of study the whole Bible in detail and come up with different beliefs than yours, Many diverse conflicting human beliefs do "imagine" what God(s) is or is not.

jimb

Premium Member
Your statement is contradictory. If you can't imagine what God is, how do you know that He is not a carbon-based life form?