• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God able to provide additional evidence that would convince more people to accept him?

nrg

Certainly God could provide additional evidence of his existence . The problem is that people expect God to answer to them instead of them looking into HIS plans.
But, why do we have to do all this when Moses, Abraham and other's were constantly being contacted by God? Was God breaking Moses free will?

Beta

But, why do we have to do all this when Moses, Abraham and other's were constantly being contacted by God? Was God breaking Moses free will?
God was introducing Himself (making Himself known) to His people Israel through Moses who himself had a 'receptive' mind. Moses was one of the humblest men around at that time and willing to communicate with God as did other prophets in the OT.
To-day, thousands of years later we should know God better and therefore more is expected of us. God reveals himself gradually to His servants , Prophets and Apostles and not least His Son Jesus Christ.God does things in order .

Last edited:

nrg

God was introducing Himself (making Himself known) to His people Israel through Moses who himself had a 'receptive' mind.
And why don't we all have this receptive mind? Why did he create Moses with it, and me without one?
Moses was one of the humblest men around at that time and willing to communicate with God as did other prophets in the OT.
Aren't we all willing to communicate with God?

What does humbleness have to do with anything? Wouldn't you be more humble if you were following God?
To-day, thousands of years later we should know God better and therefore more is expected of us. God reveals himself gradually to His servants , Prophets and Apostles and not least His Son Jesus Christ.God does things in order .
But we're obviously not able to meet those standards, at least the vast majority of the population of Earth isn't. How come God showed up right in front of Moses, performed miracles such as burning bushes and what not, struck his enemies with terrible plagues and hand carved all the rules necessary to follow on stone tablets and gave it to him, while a poor hindu child is on his own?

Beta

And why don't we all have this receptive mind? Why did he create Moses with it, and me without one? Aren't we all willing to communicate with God?

What does humbleness have to do with anything? Wouldn't you be more humble if you were following God?
But we're obviously not able to meet those standards, at least the vast majority of the population of Earth isn't. How come God showed up right in front of Moses, performed miracles such as burning bushes and what not, struck his enemies with terrible plagues and hand carved all the rules necessary to follow on stone tablets and gave it to him, while a poor hindu child is on his own?
Nobody is created (born) with a receptive mind . Man has free will and chooses to do what he does whether it is to hear God or try to find his own solutions to life's problems. Moses did not straight away want to obey God using all kinds of excuses (chapters 3-6 Exodus) because of his history in Egypt. And because of Moses' background he was the right person for God to send for the greater good of the people Israel. Sometimes God has to use strong persuasion when we are unable to see our own potential. Moses may have been afraid of Pharaoh but he had greater respect for God.(God wants us , helps us to overcome human fears). It is not just a question of WANTING to communicate (please) God but actually DOING what He asks of us that matters as was ultimately shown by Moses going back to a place he feared and possibly hated.
Maybe you don't yet see what God is asking of YOU - give it time. One needs to be ready because it will be hard. Give it time - wait on the Lord scripture says. :)

nrg

Nobody is created (born) with a receptive mind . Man has free will and chooses to do what he does whether it is to hear God or try to find his own solutions to life's problems.
So getting a receptive mind is something we chose ourselves? How do you do it? Can everybody do it, including people who've never even heard about the Bible (they do, indeed, exist)?
Moses did not straight away want to obey God using all kinds of excuses (chapters 3-6 Exodus) because of his history in Egypt. And because of Moses' background he was the right person for God to send for the greater good of the people Israel.
But, he didn't do anything. God was the one who threw plagues at Egypt, not Moses and God was the one dividing the sea. Moses was chosen to convince the Pharaoh to let the hebrews go, and through verbal debate he did not succeed, God had to run in there and fix everything. Why didn't he just do that from the get-go?

And why couldn't God simply show himself to every hebrew? They could have chosen Moses democratically if he was the best man for the job to lead the Exodus, but then again, they were lost in the desert for 40 years (that trip took the Crusaders days to make, 40 years is more comparable to what it would take to walk to China from the Nile) and I think that speaks heavily against Moses abilities navigational ability.
Sometimes God has to use strong persuasion when we are unable to see our own potential. Moses may have been afraid of Pharaoh but he had greater respect for God.(God wants us , helps us to overcome human fears).
So this is what it was all about? Making Moses face his greatest fears? God did all that trouble for something that banale, and he won't do it again in modern times when billions of people need him?
It is not just a question of WANTING to communicate (please) God but actually DOING what He asks of us that matters as was ultimately shown by Moses going back to a place he feared and possibly hated.
So, why doesn't he show up personally and tell each and every one of us what to do?
Maybe you don't yet see what God is asking of YOU - give it time. One needs to be ready because it will be hard. Give it time - wait on the Lord scripture says. :)
How will I even know god's asking me for it? Will he show up and prove he's God, and then give me the task, like he did with Moses?

Beta

And why don't we all have this receptive mind? Why did he create Moses with it, and me without one? Aren't we all willing to communicate with God?

Every Human Being has different characteristics. traits and tendencies. Some are meeker than others, some more self-willed, some more independent, some kinder, some compassionate, some agressive....whatever. there are not 2 people identical in character though they may be in looks which is not what counts with God who looks on the heart and not appearance. God could obviously see that Moses was approachable and would not only listen to him but also DO what was asked of him.(some people have a more obedient nature than others).
Remember God was then dealing with the people (descendants , tribes) of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob named Israel and not other nations. Abraham had been a friend of God because he had obeyed and God decided to bless these people for Abraham's sake. They were to become an example to other nations Deut.4v6-8. That was God's plan to eventually include ALL people into what he was doing , but with mankind having been given a will of their own they went their own ways. Different nations different religions - all men's ideas and allowed by God within their own time-limit (6 days Ex.20v9)
Having ignored God's plan they were on their own - the poor children the innocent victims of irresponsible parents whatever nation they belonged to. :sad:And this is where mankind still is but not for much longer before Christ returns . All this can be seen from scripture.

Valor

Ah yes...another person comes along and claims that their god is mysterious and invisible, and then proceeds to tell us all sorts of things about this god, what it wants, and how it behaves.

You said it.

Sad when one must look for something which doesn't exist. I assume it becomes very tiring. Let's begin to use logic, then work from there.

How about we begin to work toward Self Refinement to anchor our ability to know and understand... this in turn may aid us to be closer to the truth and develop a mind capable of percieving such a great thing..i.g. a god form.

Until then an invisible man in the sky sporting a beard and sandles must be put on the back burner... and burn.

Beta

So getting a receptive mind is something we chose ourselves? How do you do it? Can everybody do it, including people who've never even heard about the Bible (they do, indeed, exist)? But, he didn't do anything. God was the one who threw plagues at Egypt, not Moses and God was the one dividing the sea. Moses was chosen to convince the Pharaoh to let the hebrews go, and through verbal debate he did not succeed, God had to run in there and fix everything. Why didn't he just do that from the get go?

And why couldn't God simply show himself to every hebrew? They could have chosen Moses democratically if he was the best man for the job to lead the Exodus, but then again, they were lost in the desert for 40 years (that trip took the Crusaders days to make, 40 years is more comparable to what it would take to walk to China from the Nile) and I think that speaks heavily against Moses abilities navigational ability. So this is what it was all about? Making Moses face his greatest fears? God did all that trouble for something that banale, and he won't do it again in modern times when billions of people need him? So, why doesn't he show up personally and tell each and every one of us what to do?
How will I even know god's asking me for it? Will he show up and prove he's God, and then give me the task, like he did with Moses?
I'm really not sure if i can take you serious or if you are just having fun with me ???
Your characteristics ARE your nature, you don't rally choose it but God gives you the ability to change it when you get unhappy with yourself and want to become a better person.
Those who don't know God may find it difficult to change for the better or even be unaware that they need to change . They either don't know the Word of God or they reject it. This will be corrected when Christ returns and deception is lifted from mankind. As already explained man still finds himself within his allotted time (ex.20v9) of self-determination. God keeps to his plan , it is man who must change which is already more widely preached in the NT. Few people today have never heard of the Bible or Jesus through whom we can be redeemed.
God is already NOW telling some what they should do but he will never force them. Each person must judge their own response to God - are they willing to obey his commandments or not. That's really the bottom line - what is their answer ?:yes: ? :no: ?

nrg

Every Human Being has different characteristics. traits and tendencies. Some are meeker than others, some more self-willed, some more independent, some kinder, some compassionate, some agressive....whatever. there are not 2 people identical in character though they may be in looks which is not what counts with God who looks on the heart and not appearance.
I didn't chose most of my characteristics, and neither did anyone else. They are mostly genetic or enviromental, and God controls the enviroment and he controls what genes make up humanity. This is wholly within God's control.
God could obviously see that Moses was approachable and would not only listen to him but also DO what was asked of him.(some people have a more obedient nature than others).
So, every other person in the world is not obedient to God, or does every obedient christian get an encounter with a burning bush?
Remember God was then dealing with the people (descendants , tribes) of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob named Israel and not other nations. Abraham had been a friend of God because he had obeyed and God decided to bless these people for Abraham's sake.
Why? Their descendants didn't earn anything they just happened to be born by people who obeyed God.
They were to become an example to other nations Deut.4v6-8. That was God's plan to eventually include ALL people into what he was doing , but with mankind having been given a will of their own they went their own ways. Different nations different religions - all men's ideas and allowed by God within their own time-limit (6 days Ex.20v9)
So, what exactly are the benefits of free will without proper knowledge about God? It seems like that in the vast majority of cases it leads to people making the wrong decision without even realising what they're doing. What benefits are there in such a system?
Having ignored God's plan they were on their own - the poor children the innocent victims of irresponsible parents whatever nation they belonged to. :sad:And this is where mankind still is but not for much longer before Christ returns . All this can be seen from scripture.
So, God basically doesn't care about these children because of something their parents did?

I'm really not sure if i can take you serious or if you are just having fun with me ???
Your characteristics ARE your nature, you don't rally choose it but God gives you the ability to change it when you get unhappy with yourself and want to become a better person.
I'm totally serious, I honestly don't know what type of reasoning you used to draw all your outrageous conclusions and therefore I keep asking you to show me

So, why doesn't God personally tell every single human being that they can become a better person and give them a strict set of rules they must follow if they want to? Why do it through people and scriptures, who can get manipulated all the time?
Those who don't know God may find it difficult to change for the better or even be unaware that they need to change . They either don't know the Word of God or they reject it. This will be corrected when Christ returns and deception is lifted from mankind.
So, what's the point of the churches, or the scriptures at all for that manner? Why not simply save everyone with the second coming of Christ?

God keeps to his plan , it is man who must change which is already more widely preached in the NT. Few people today have never heard of the Bible or Jesus through whom we can be redeemed.
But the fact that people that have never heard about Jesus, the Bible or even God exist means that there are people God could inform of how to change, but simply ignore. He is omnipotent, after all.
God is already NOW telling some what they should do but he will never force them.
You mean like he did when he coerced the Pharaoh?
Each person must judge their own response to God - are they willing to obey his commandments or not. That's really the bottom line - what is their answer ?:yes: ? :no: ?
Most people have said "no", and have never ever been visited by God personally but had to take other people's word for it when they claimed to represent the will of God.

emiliano

Uh,
But, what's so special about the ancient greeks that made God judge them as non-worthy of hearing the Gospels?

Again, no! Where do you get this from?
This has got to do with the characteristics of God; His sovereignty, mercy and election.
Scriptures teaches that God is sovereign:
Exd 33:19
Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."
Deu 13:17
So none of the accursed things shall remain in your hand, that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of His anger and show you mercy, have compassion on you and multiply you, just as He swore to your fathers,
Election: God chose the Israelites as His people.
Mercy: Jesus descended into the lower parts of the earth and took the gospel to all of those. God had mercy on all nations and send Jesus for the salvation of many.
Mat 26:28
For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mat 12:18
"Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, And He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
God do not consider that believes non worthy of hearing the Gospels, not in this present time. In the past or the future. It is us that reject His call.

Beta

Most people have said "no", and have never ever been visited by God personally but had to take other people's word for it when they claimed to represent the will of God.
I think perhaps you need to re-phrase the first part of that sentence ? Do you mean that all people in general (there are some exceptions) have deliberately said 'no' to God ? I can't quite believe that is what you meant.I believe that most don't really know the true God because they are deceived and misled Rev.12v9 bears that out. And relying on 'people' (clergy, preachers including christianity) has got them into that state instead of going to GOD directly for enlightenment.
How can they expect a visit from God if they don't seriously seek him in the first place ? And that first step should be to want to stop sinning which goes against the law of God 1Joh.3v4, Rom.6v1.

Last edited:

nrg

Again, no! Where do you get this from?
This has got to do with the characteristics of God; His sovereignty, mercy and election.
Ok, so you're telling me people in ancient greece, at least a few hundred years before Jesus ressurection, were given equal opportunity to hear the Gospels and redeem themselves like we do? Even though, you know, we know about this choice at all?
Election: God chose the Israelites as His people.
Why? What on Earth makes the Israelites better people than any other? And how is this compatible with the idea that God loves everyone?
Mercy: Jesus descended into the lower parts of the earth and took the gospel to all of those. God had mercy on all nations and send Jesus for the salvation of many.
And why didn't he simply do this ages ago, before all the countless civilizations before Christ? Or better yet, before the great flood and all the other complete genocides God did.
God do not consider that believes non worthy of hearing the Gospels, not in this present time. In the past or the future. It is us that reject His call.
Most people, until today, have never even heard of Jesus. When the Spanish conquistadors came to South America, exactly no one had even seen a Bible before. These people didn't even have a chance to reject Christ, and still, they shall be judge as such. Do you really think that is reasonable?

Beta said:
I think perhaps you need to re-phrase the first part of that sentence ? Do you mean that all people in general (there are some exceptions) have deliberately said 'no' to God ?
I'm only trying to spin on your argumentation here. In my opinion, you can't say no to God unless you actually have a personal, direct conversation with him, where there's undeniable proof in front of you so you actually know that it is God you're telling "no" to. This is what I'm asking; why don't God use that system, instead of communicating through fallable people? Bible's aren't spread and printed by themselves, there still needs to be people doing all the work, and they make mistakes all the time.
I believe that most don't really know the true God because they are deceived and misled Rev.12v9 bears that out.
So, humans have such vast potentials of deceit that they are more than a match for God's ability to spread the Gospels?
And relying on 'people' (clergy, preachers including christianity) has got them into that state instead of going to GOD directly for enlightenment.
And how do I do just that? I still have to rely on the human who printed the Bible, distributed the Bible and translated the Bible. How do I cut to a conversation with God that only includes me and God, and not me, God and the scriptures that were distributed, written down and translated by other humans?

emiliano

Ok, o you're telling me people in ancient greece, at least a few hundred years before Jesus ressurection, were given equal opportunity to hear the Gospels and redeem themselves like we do? Even though, you know, we know about this choice at all?

Allow me to point out to you that God is absolutely as declare in scripture “I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." In addition it clearly state that their election as God people had nothing to do with their number (they were small in number) it was His sovereign will and mercy, they weren’t the best of all people, but it was His will to have mercy on the Israelites as is was His mercy to save the gentiles at a later time, there is nothing human can do to warrant salvation, that is God Grace to give it “I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious”

Why? What on Earth makes the Israelites better people than any other? And how is this compatible with the idea that God loves everyone?

And why didn't he simply do this ages ago, before all the countless civilizations before Christ? Or better yet, before the great flood and all the other complete genocides God did.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

God the creator of everything that you see around and about you, created to make everybody and if you take the time to think about it, you will know that He really loves everyone

Most people, until today, have never even heard of Jesus. When the Spanish conquistadors came to South America, exactly no one had even seen a Bible before. These people didn't even have a chance to reject Christ, and still, they shall be judge as such. Do you really think that is reasonable?

There are two ways in which we sin, one is knowing that it is a sin and we decide to committed and the other is by ignorance which isn’t a charge against the ignorant, but is a charger against the believer that does not preaches the Gospel

I'm only trying to spin on your argumentation here. In my opinion, you can't say no to God unless you actually have a personal, direct conversation with him, where there's undeniable proof in front of you so you actually know that it is God you're telling "no" to. This is what I'm asking; why don't God use that system, instead of communicating through fallable people? Bible's aren't spread and printed by themselves, there still needs to be people doing all the work, and they make mistakes all the time.

Scripture answers this question:

Gen 1:26
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all [fn] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
So, humans have such vast potentials of deceit that they are more than a match for God's ability to spread the Gospels?
And how do I do just that? I still have to rely on the human who printed the Bible, distributed the Bible and translated the Bible. How do I cut to a conversation with God that only includes me and God, and not me, God and the scriptures that were distributed, written down and translated by other humans?

What they have is dominion over God’s creation, initially preserve the scriptures by oral transmission and were given gift to develop righting, printing, the capacity to develop printing, electronic communication
Our Salvation came through the love and the passion of a man, Jesus

Beta

1) In my opinion God communicates through /by HIS written WORD which is infallible. Any errors or mistakes that arise from scripture is down to fallible humans. It is true that errors creep in through repeated translations showing the mistakes of man but on the whole the Bible can be relied on to bring us to God. HE inspired men to write it in its original writings.
2) Humans are easily deceived because they are no match for the deceiver who has become / been chosen by mankind to be their spiritual father Gen.3.
Oh sure the Gospels are spread but not the one Jesus brought from God.
3) If we read, believe and do what God requires we will be established in a personal relationship - as far as i believe.
But because it is directly from God I can not give it to you or anyone else nor is it my job to convert. I can point people in God's direction but it is their own choice how they take it.
(You know I'm skating on thin ice in my replies as it can be seen as preaching and pros/ing.)

Agnostic75

Does might make right? If so, then if God wanted to tell lies, that would be right. If not, what justifies what God does?