• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

leibowde84

Veteran Member
So each soul is seeing and experiencing universal reality, for all intents and purposes, from a universal center different from all others....what could go wrong? :) Anyways let's move on....from the universal perspective, there is no duality...there is only the one universe....the perceived reality of mortals as being separate from the universal environment outside of their body is in truth not the case...each soul is as much an integral of the universe as any other.....and all else too... Would you find it extraordinary that some of humanity understand this clearly....and would want to investigate the mind's possible potential to transcend the essential duality involved in normal human perception of reality?
This is just common sense though. I assume that everyone experiences reality as if it is real and, in actuality, they are just another person in it. I can't remember a time I didn't assume this to be the case.

Further, reality, as we see it as ourselves being part of the reality we experience, could be an illusion in and of itself. So you haven't gotten anywhere yet. Although, this "matrix" concept is one that is not worth considering.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I never said that dead things self animate. Pay attention. We're discussing concepts, not events.
The singularity is not an event?
the creation of Man is not an event?

are you sure you are up for this discussion?

separating the creation from it's Creator is not an option.

prometheus11

Maybe not.

I never mentioned the singularity or the creation of man. I have no idea what you're starting with this creation separating or segregating business, I don't find those topics particularly interesting except that other people do. I already explained that I'm talking about concepts. Would you like to end our discussion?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Maybe not.

I never mentioned the singularity or the creation of man. I don't find those topics particularly interesting except that other people do. I already explained that I'm talking about concepts. Would you like to end our discussion?
you're not in the lead here......

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Science!
or perhaps you know an experiment of the dead coming to life?

(Frankenstein was not a documentary)
What does this even mean? Can you be a bit more straight forward with your explination. This is vague at best. I mean, the whole point is that we don't know what Jesus said, did, or, most definitely, whether he rose from the dead. So I feel as if your response is out of place.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What does this even mean? Can you be a bit more straight forward with your explination. This is vague at best. I mean, the whole point is that we don't know what Jesus said, did, or, most definitely, whether he rose from the dead. So I feel as if your response is out of place.
so is God needed?....and for what?
creation?.....I say yeah
the formation of Man?...I say yeah
for survival in the next life?....I say yeah

prometheus11

Nobody can answer those questions for you, thief. And unless you're perfectly comfortable with both answers, it will only torment you...never the one who believes the opposite of you.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
so is God needed?....and for what?
creation?.....I say yeah
the formation of Man?...I say yeah
for survival in the next life?....I say yeah
Literally every single one of these claims employs nothing but circular reasoning. "Creation" requires a creator a priori. "Formation" does the same and is contradicted by pretty much every known piece of evidence. And, you have provided no support for your final claim that an after life even exists.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Is the human "mind/being" necessary to find answers?

For me, that's the precise question of this thread in an alterior way.
Yeah, but there is no evidence beyond mere subjective claims that point to the mind existing apart from the physical body. Every day we are learning more and more about how consciousness works.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
This is just common sense though. I assume that everyone experiences reality as if it is real and, in actuality, they are just another person in it. I can't remember a time I didn't assume this to be the case.

Further, reality, as we see it as ourselves being part of the reality we experience, could be an illusion in and of itself. So you haven't gotten anywhere yet. Although, this "matrix" concept is one that is not worth considering.
So of those who have investigated it...and have suggested means to transcend the duality, have you tried any of these practices to discover if they work?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Literally every single one of these claims employs nothing but circular reasoning. "Creation" requires a creator a priori. "Formation" does the same and is contradicted by pretty much every known piece of evidence. And, you have provided no support for your final claim that an after life even exists.
the flip side has even less to offer

leibowde84

Veteran Member
So of those who have investigated it...and have suggested means to transcend the duality, have you tried any of these practices to discover if they work?
I don't think the duality exists beyond being an illusion. But, I am not familiar with the practices you mentioned.