• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief, power is concerned with power. Power structures are NOT concerned with truth or right and wrong or making honorable, just decisions.

Jesus spoke truth to power. Of course they killed him. Try this: go onto another Internet forum (not this one). There, like Jesus did, speak truth to the folks in charge ( that other forum's moderating team). Make sure to call those other mods at that other forum "pigs" and "snakes." Guess what they'll do, regardless f how right or truthful you are? Yep. They'll crucify you.

Power acts in its own self interest, never to do justice or honor truth or behave righteously. It's what power does.
Shall we expect the same....of God?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If this is the best you got in support of your claim:
"there is no natural explanation for why there is something instead of nothing"​
then you got nothing.
demonstrate the better argument.....
your denial is unsubstantiated.

prometheus11

Don't flatter yourself ben d. You don't offend me at all. You're a delight for a variety of reasons. I'm just honest about hypocrisy and pride in people who make wild claims of extravagant interconnectedness of reality that mirror their own opinion.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Don't flatter yourself ben d. You don't offend me at all. You're a delight for a variety of reasons. I'm just honest about hypocrisy and pride in people who make wild claims of extravagant interconnectedness of reality that mirror their own opinion.
Therefore, you are here to make that all important choice.....
Spirit first?
or substance?
it's one or the other

prometheus11

Yes, thief, we shall, if your god is obsessed with the show of power over decency. You know the type. The ones who command genocide and cause destruction on a global scale.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well I shudder the thought of what you would say about someone whom did offend you...anyone here at RF offend you yet?

Unification

That's why the claim is not that a natural explanation exists, but, rather, there is no reason to believe that we won't some day be able to find one. Claiming that one cannot exist is assuming quite a bit more.

Is the human "mind/being" necessary to find answers?

For me, that's the precise question of this thread in an alterior way.

prometheus11

Oh, and so you know, ben, if a person offends our common decency (which is rare by my standards), I tend to politely leave the discussion.
However, it is offensive to behave as if God has not brought every person into your life to teach you to the same degree that you learn from them. No more, no less. Does that make sense?

prometheus11

Spirit is substance. One makes up the other and is made up of the other. Truth needs no confirmation other than itself.

prometheus11

Were you not dead until made alive in God? Of course life comes from death. There is LITERALLY no other source for life than from death.

prometheus11

Spirit is substance. Substance is spirit. They appear as required by your spirit and your substance. One is identified and defined by the other because of the power and beauty of the other.