• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Likening someone to pigs is likening someone to having over-inflated ego's, as that's what the pig represents.

No, it's a Biblical reference which implies a sense of superiority. The person using it is more likely to have an over-inflated ego.

Last edited by a moderator:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Ok....I will try once more using a step by step approach...so bear with me and we will see if it makes any sense to you... First, the 'I' of your mind is considered to be you, yes?
Do you mean my own subjective experience? If so, I would certainly consider that as "I". But, as we all know, what we experience has gotten to us via our senses and often is flawed. Even the appearance and/or ability to experience color changes from person to person.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Do you mean my own subjective experience? If so, I would certainly consider that as "I". But, as we all know, what we experience has gotten to us via our senses and often is flawed. Even the appearance and/or ability to experience color changes from person to person.
just saw a science program about color......it does not exist.
see Brain Games

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Don't get a job as an electrician then, and don't drive through any traffic lights. ;)
hehehe
no really.....this reality is a construct.
that you claim to know for sure.....is false.

say again there is no god.....
I would then say.....poor construct.
especially when Someone had to be First.....and you're not Him

or ARE you?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
just saw a science program about color......it does not exist.
see Brain Games
I've seen that episode of Brain Games, actually. Very interesting. The fact that color doesn't exist objectively was what I was pointing to actually.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
hehehe
no really.....this reality is a construct.
that you claim to know for sure.....is false.

say again there is no god.....
I would then say.....poor construct.
especially when Someone had to be First.....and you're not Him

or ARE you?
Why did "someone" have to be first rather than "something"? How can you be so sure?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
something implies dead substance.
If you mean to imply the living....that would be Someone.

and Someone had to be first.
I understand what you meant. My question is why did "someone" have to be first rather than "something"? Why must the cause be living rather than non-living?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The naturalist believes only the physical exists. That being the case, the naturalist has no physical explanation for why the physical universe (multiverse) exists. (No one here is disputing that something exists. That is a given.)

i know what naturalists think. This is hardly a rebuttal, and not even close to answer my question. My challenge to you is to show us that your claim "there is no natural explanation for why there is something instead of nothing" has any merit, it is not circular, nor question begging and does not use special pleading.

So, again, what do you mean with your claim?

1) there is no explanation. Neither physical nor not physical. The obvious fact that something exists is a brute fact that does not require explanations.

2) there is an explanation. But it cannot be matural/physical.

As long as you do not justify nor clarify your assertion, I don't see any logical reason to accept it just because you say so.

Ciao

- viole

prometheus11

Thief, power is concerned with power. Power structures are NOT concerned with truth or right and wrong or making honorable, just decisions.

Jesus spoke truth to power. Of course they killed him. Try this: go onto another Internet forum (not this one). There, like Jesus did, speak truth to the folks in charge ( that other forum's moderating team). Make sure to call those other mods at that other forum "pigs" and "snakes." Guess what they'll do, regardless f how right or truthful you are? Yep. They'll crucify you.

Power acts in its own self interest, never to do justice or honor truth or behave righteously. It's what power does.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Agreed, finally someone who is not afraid...the next questions is....when you see something in you environment, is not this what you see perceived as something that is not you.....is not everything in existence external to you perceived as not you?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well, you can't answer my questions and prefer to admit to trolling me than admit it. Strange values you got, there. Keep foaming at the mouth.
Ok...there is nothing to stop you from joining me in a journey of discovery....do you accept that the I of your body, is you....and that all you perceive external to you is not you?