• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Unification

dark energy does not move....
Gravity doesn't either.

dark energy is omnipresent....
Gravity is omnipresent, too.

the effects caused by dark energy are reflected in gravitation effects seen in the universal expansion...

Your syntax obfuscates the process, but I have no desire to explain to you how it should be worded.

False, it is all hypothetical that there even is "dark energy" and you're just adding to your debt by saying it also is hypothetically the cause for the universe expanding.

Lots of faith and belief here.

prometheus11

"neither are directly detected" OR measured.

Why do you believe in something that is invisible, undetectable, hypothetical, unknown, do not even know if it exists, and has no physical evidence?

Exactly like gravity.

We see objects with mass moving in predictable, measurable ways at every point in the universe at all times every second and every place.

That's how we know that gravity exists. That's how we know dark energy exists.

prometheus11

False, it is all hypothetical that there even is "dark energy" and you're just adding to your debt by saying it also is hypothetically the cause for the universe expanding.

Lots of faith and belief here.

Nope, there's no belief or faith for dark energy. There's measurements and continual, obvious observation.

Gravity has no more evidence than dark energy.

You're just wrong. Obviously.

Unification

Nope, there's no belief or faith for dark energy. There's measurements and continual, obvious observation.

Gravity has no more evidence than dark energy.

You're just wrong. Obviously.

"Dark energy" is neither directly measured or observed"

You are just as wise to say "dark energy" is an undetectable "pixie fairy" causing "effects on mass."

All while observing the effects on mass and attributing that to the pixie fairy.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
When in a corner and defeated, all that's left is opinion and judgements.
Except you are not on the higher ground you think you are.
A mere reading through this thread is all anyone need do to understand.

So go right ahead and make a bigger fool of yourself.
It is your credibility taking the hit, not mine.

prometheus11

"Dark energy" is neither directly measured or observed"

You are just as wise to say "dark energy" is an undetectable "pixie fairy" causing "effects on mass."

All while observing the effects on mass and attributing that to the pixie fairy.

Gravity is neither directly measured nor observed.

Yes, science could have named gravity "leprechaun suspenders," and named dark energy " pixie-fairy farts," but they needed a name for the obvious forces that moves matter in predictable, measurable ways at every second and in every corner of the universe.

The force that is obviously working on mass that scientists chose to name "dark energy"...what would you like to call it?

Unification

Gravity is neither directly measured nor observed.

Yes, science could have named gravity "leprechaun suspenders," and named dark energy " pixie-fairy farts," but they needed a name for the obvious forces that moves matter in predictable, measurable ways at every second and in every corner of the universe.

The force that is obviously working on mass that scientists chose to name "dark energy"...what would you like to call it?

Now we are on the same page.

Name doesn't matter. The effects matter.

Unification

Except you are not on the higher ground you think you are.
A mere reading through this thread is all anyone need do to understand.

So go right ahead and make a bigger fool of yourself.
It is your credibility taking the hit, not mine.

That must make you on the higher ground.. since you know my thoughts and assume I'm even thinking such.

Honestly, awareness is what is needed to understand.

Credibility hits and calling others fools, lol.

Again, that's the only defense left when left in a corner.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
That must make you on the higher ground.. since you know my thoughts and assume I'm even thinking such.

Honestly, awareness is what is needed to understand.

Credibility hits and calling others fools, lol.

Again, that's the only defense left when left in a corner.
nice try.
You really need to work on your pigeon chess techniques.
They are old and boring.
though they did get the attention away from the bull **** posted...
So I guess it wasn't a total failure on your part.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I have always said the same thing, Ben. That you can't grasp the facts isn't my problem.

Gravity and dark energy are both forces and are both detected by observations of matter. Neither are directly detected. Scientists gave gravity and dark energy their names because the evidence of matter moving forced them to provide names to both forces.

If you do not agree with the facts I have laid at your feet about a thousand times now, that's not my problem and it bothers me and the physicists around the globe not one bit.
But you are not saying the same thing as I am.....you are saying gravity and dark energy are both forces....and I am saying gravity is a force while dark energy is not...???

prometheus11

Now we are on the same page.

Name doesn't matter. The effects matter.

My perspective hasn't changed, so I guess you have finally gotten on the page with me and every physicist on the planet.

Yes, names matter. How would we get any science done if a hundred different terms were being used for gravity?

prometheus11

But you are not saying the same thing as I am.....you are saying gravity and dark energy are both forces....and I am saying gravity is a force while dark energy is not...???

Yes, I know. You are saying things about dark energy that have not been proved. I'm not. My statements are correct. We have no idea if your are of not.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes, I know. You are saying things about dark energy that have not been proved. I'm not. My statements are correct. We have no idea if your are of not.
Haha..what have you said about dark energy that has been proved, but mine not, but of which you have no idea if mine are or not? This is not making sense...can you please explain what you mean? Where is the your proof of dark energy being a force...where is the formula that shows how to calculate the force of dark energy?

prometheus11

Read the last few pages. I'm tired of repeating myself. All my statements have been correct. Yours have been contradictory and all over the place.

If you would like to show where anything I've said is incorrect, and enlighten the physicists around the world, you will be incredibly rich and famous....probably up there with Plank and Einstein.