• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You are using the term "light" for a reason. Light has specific, MEASURABLE aspects. What can specifically be done in a measurable way with "spiritual light?"
Hmmm....let's see..have you not heard of the use of metaphor to explain principles not subject to observation....spirit is not directly observable...but some religiously devoted souls are aware of it...atheist's souls not so......the light shines in the darkness....but the darkness comprehendeth it not...

Light used in this context is a metaphor for spirit.....darkness used in this context is a metaphor for atheists and others unaware of their spiritual source... :)

Janardena

I think people are interested in understanding the reasoning behind your claim. What evidence has led you to believe this?

Evidence presupposes knowledge, and knowledge presupposes, truth, and truth presupposes God.
We cannot account for truth, knowledge , or evidence without God. God is the necessary foundational standard by which can know something to be true, or to account for truth itself.

Last edited:

prometheus11

Oh, I've heard of metaphor, and I can understand why people who claim to detect "God feels" would want to compare that to something so measurable and obvious as "light".

It's just ridiculous. Light is obvious every second of life. On the contrary, "spirit" is as detectable and measurable as fairy farts. The person claiming to detect spirit and use it have ONLY as much evidence as a lunatic at an asylum has for his conversations with elvis's ghost.

prometheus11

Evidence presupposes knowledge, and knowledge presupposes, truth, and truth presupposes God.
We cannot account for truth, knowledge , or evidence without God. God is the necessary standard by which can know tto be true, ort he truth itself.

Preposterous.

Truth does NOT presuppose God. God is as undetectable as fairy farts.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Oh, I've heard of metaphor, and I can understand why people who claim to detect "God feels" would want to compare that to something so measurable and obvious as "light".

It's just ridiculous. Light is obvious every second of life. On the contrary, "spirit" is as detectable and measurable as fairy farts. The person claiming to detect spirit and use it have ONLY as much evidence as a lunatic at an asylum has for his conversations with elvis's ghost.
You are imagining things and then attributing them to me....haha... I never said anything about "God feels" being detectable...are you nuts? I never said spirit can be detected...but I can say that spirit is the source of what and who I am....not the physical body... No I can't prove that to another....but you can have subjective proof of it if you devote the rest of your life to finding out seriously what and who you are?

The light shines in the darkness...but the darkness prefers not knowing..ignorance....

ArtieE

Evidence presupposes knowledge, and knowledge presupposes, truth, and truth presupposesF God.
We cannot account for truth, knowledge , or evidence without God. God is the necessary foundational standard by which can know to be true, or the truth itself.
Nonsense. It would be true that the earth is a globe no matter if God exists or not.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
See Artie's post above. Truth is obvious; God is the LEAST obvious idea. He's so non obvious, we have no way to verify his existence.
Haha...Arite and Prometheus11 reminds me of two fish...one fish says to the other fish...."Where is this ocean that everyone talks about?" :)

Janardena

W
See Artie's post above. Truth is obvious; God is the LEAST obvious idea. He's so non obvious, we have no way to verify his existence.

Is it true that God is the least obvious Ieast obvious idea?

If that is so how do you know that it'st true?

I'mn it, at this point concerned with what you know or think you know, only how you know it.

prometheus11

W

Is it true that God is the least obvious Ieast obvious idea?

If that is so how do you know that it'st true?

I'mn it, at this point concerned with what you know or think you know, only how you know it.

I don't know. I'm saying that there's nothing to measure to determine how true or false the God idea is. Like leprechaun suspenders. Might be completely true and right but there's nothing to measure to know either way.

Whet would you tell someone who claimed to know that all leprechaun suspenders are made with magic rainbow silk?

Janardena

I don't know

That's what I thought.

I'm saying that there's nothing to measure to determine how true or false the God idea is.

What is the ''God idea''?

Might be completely true and right but there's nothing to measure to know either way.

Do you believe it is impossible for God (Supreme Cause of all causes) to exist?

Whet would you tell someone who claimed to know that all leprechaun suspenders are made with magic rainbow silk?

I wouldn't tell him anything.

prometheus11

Impossible. No.

Why do you think that there's a supreme cause of all causes? And is that the only quality with which you define God?