• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Janardena

1. No.
2. How?
3. I'm not underestimating anything. It's not my definition. In asking you about your definition. Why so cryptic?

2. Already stated.

''Evidence presupposes knowledge, and knowledge presupposes, truth, and truth presupposes God.
We cannot account for truth, knowledge , or evidence without God. God is the necessary foundational standard by which can know something to be true, or to account for truth itself.''

3. Think about it.
What can possibly be left out, or separated from The Supreme Cause of ALL causes?

CATSISS

Catsiss The Catheart
I rely on my good friend science.
I believe in God.

I do so because science does insist on cause and effect.
no experiment is valid without that association.

God is the Cause.
the universe is the effect.
Ramble ramble and ramble any prove mate?

CATSISS

Catsiss The Catheart
seeking comfort is natural.

death comes to all....
I doubt there is comfort in the grave.
do we dream after death?......most would say no.
but if we do....we can't wake up

have you seen the movie....What Dreams May Come?

apparently Robin Williams was not afraid....
And im not afraid either

CATSISS

Catsiss The Catheart
If a man made air from the correct amounts of oxygen, nitrogen, argon, carbon dioxide and the appropriate other gases plus water vapor why couldn't I breathe it?
Who said u cant so why the fock those hospital use oxygen tank for?also i wont put nitrogen,co2 and anything else if i could make air for myself only oxygen.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Exactly, and it's the assumption of superiority which makes it so hard to stomach. A little humility would go a long way.
Huh? ....more like your sense of inferiority! .A little sense of inspiration of the glory of God would help you to find a life more fulfilling than hanging out on RF blaspheming God and all things pure for the rest of your life....and future rebirths....

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
A little sense of inspiration of the glory of God would help you to find a life more fulfilling than hanging out on RF blaspheming God and all things pure for the rest of your life....and future rebirths....

You're not a preacher and we ain't your congregation, so you can cut the tedious sermonising. By all means live in your own fantasy, but don't expect the rest of us to enter into your delusion and take on your child-like beliefs.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You're not a preacher and we ain't your congregation, so you can cut the tedious sermonising. By all means live in your own fantasy, but don't expect the rest of us to enter into your delusion and take on your child-like beliefs.
I was not speaking to anyone else but self admitted atheist Norman...seems my words are like sprinkling holy water on a vampire...haha...:)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Hey...you will reap your own karma as everyone else does....don't indulge yourself in any conceit of being more worthy of it than another...no man made inquisition involved....

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Hey...you will reap your own karma as everyone else does....don't indulge yourself in any conceit of being more worthy of it than another...no man made inquisition involved....

You are in no position to lecture about conceit. Go and burn some witches. :p

Or maybe you would rather tie Saint Dawkins to a stake and make him a martyr?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I agree....
we end up alongside others like ourselves.
How else to be happy?
how else to be fair?

ArtieE

I agree....
we end up alongside others like ourselves.
How else to be happy?
how else to be fair?
Who would want to spend eternity with narcissists who admire themselves so much that they would only be happy if they spent eternity with mirror images of themselves?

serp777

Oh noes...it's serp777.. another failed disciple....you have a free pass through the wide gate...haha...

I was never a disciple just like i've never been a disciple of Joseph smith or Elron Hubbard. So what's on the other side of the narrow gate? Is it Xenu or some gold tablets perhaps ?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I was never a disciple just like i've never been a disciple of Joseph smith or Elron Hubbard. So what's on the other side of the narrow gate? Is it Xenu or some gold tablets perhaps ?
You mean you were born and raised in an atheist family? I now understand your situation... The difficult thing to convey is that there is no personal existence on the other side...individuality...yes...but not an ego type self identity as with meat on this side... you must leave you on this side of the gate to be on the other side where there is pure awareness without a you..