• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I can be sure.
if you want to label that as arrogant......you are exaggerating.....

I could agree to your own claim.....ignorance.
too bad the humility isn't there

I have no comfort to offer and cannot stand to any shallow agreement with you
Admitting ignorance is not humble? How so?

Janardena

Purpose is the reason for which something is done. The purpose of what a doctor does is to help people survive.

That is like saying ''water is to quench our thirst'', but it says nothing about what it is.
What IS purpose?
Not what it is for, or what it does.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
yes!
I believe your mindset has an immediate influence on your next move.
Specifically, why would a belief in the afterlife (not mindset in general) be required for an afterlife to actually exist? Why would God create a situation that punishes a lack of belief in something that is not apparent?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Specifically, why would a belief in the afterlife (not mindset in general) be required for an afterlife to actually exist? Why would God create a situation that punishes a lack of belief in something that is not apparent?
think cause and effect.
(to those who have.....more shall be given)

leibowde84

Veteran Member
you made pronouncement of my alleged ignorance asserting your stance is greater (though also ignorant)
I, however.....remain sure.
You didn't answer my question. How is admitting one's own ignorance not humble? And, I explicitly explained that we are both ignorant (everyone is ignorant as to what the future potential of science will be) ... Never claimed otherwise.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
so much for talking to a Christian.
Has nothing to do with me being a Christian. You just have to do a better job of articulating your point. You often write very vague statements. Can you be more specific with what you mean?

prometheus11

OMG....science is not your forte...that is not talking about the measurement of dark energy....it's about the gravitational effects of universal mass contributions...of course dark energy causes an effect...as does ordinary matter...but the measurement of gravitational effects on universal expansion is not the measurement of dark energy, dark matter, and ordinary matter...

Here is how science measures gravity....Fgrav = (Gm1m2)/d2

Show me how science measures dark energy....????

Besides which. I could have just as easily used the 2.5% of physical matter that science knows exists, but could not detect to show your argument was erroneous... They still included it under the name matter though......

http://spaceref.com/astronomy/what-is-the-universe-made-of.html

Matter known as ordinary, which makes up everything we know, corresponds to only 5% of the Universe. Approximately half of this percentage still eluded detection. Numerical simulations made it possible to predict that the rest of this ordinary matter should be located in the large-scale structures that form the 'cosmic web' at temperatures between 100,000 and 10 million degrees.

Either way you have egg all over your face...

Wrong. Every objection you raise against dark energy could be used equally well against gravity because neither are measured directly but are measured by their effects on matter. We noticed the measurements and then named the processes that are not yet understood.....for both gravity and dark energy.

It's interesting that you don't refute a single fact that I listed but revert to a whiny "oh my god nooesss somehow I'm right and you're wrong because I don't want to look at the obvious facts"

Go talk to a physics professor and get your mind right. If you would like help finding a physics professor in your area I will be glad to help you. Just message me.

ArtieE

Okay.
Now. Is it exclusive to humans?
If yes. How and Why?
Let me say it this way. Evolution and natural selection produced collections of atoms and molecules with instincts to survive and reproduce. It was just a result of an automatic natural process. Evolution and natural selection didn't produce these collections for any particular purpose in mind. But since we have these instincts we get doctors who feel their purpose is to help people survive and midwifes who feel their purpose is to help with the reproduction process.