• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

prometheus11

You should know if you do or don't believe they do.
I'm simply asking what is you justification for believing or not believing they do.
Do you have one?

And I'm saying it's the same justification that you utilize when determining that your hairbrush doesn't change into a fire breathing dragon when nobody's home.

Do you not know how to word your justifications for not believing your car has romantic interludes with aliens?

Most atheists, and theists, and I included, can justify their nonbeliefs. I'm trying to get you to explain that common method because in so doing, YOU will answer your own question.

Why won't you?

Janardena

And I'm saying it's the same justification that you utilize when determining that your hairbrush doesn't change into a fire breathing dragon when nobody's home.

You mean the same way that I know you and ArtieE know that God exists?

Most atheists, and theists, and I included, can justify their nonbeliefs. I'm trying to get you to explain that common method because in so doing, YOU will answer your own question.

Why won't you?

I know you can justify your knowledge claims. You do it the same way I, and everyone else does.
That's how I know you know that God exists.

Janardena

You mean you have to claim that your God is a "transcendent being" so you have an excuse for not being able to provide any objective evidence for His existence right?

It stands to reason.
If God comes into being, and then dies at some point, He cannot be God.
You see the logic in that. Don't you?

prometheus11

You mean the same way that I know you and ArtieE know that God exists?

I know you can justify your knowledge claims. You do it the same way I, and everyone else does.
That's how I know you know that God exists.

All I see is empty claims that don't even attempt any logic.

I am willing to discuss this issue with you, if you'll be honest with me and yourself.

Last time.

How do you justify your belief that your hairbrush doesn't become a dragon when nobody's at home?

ArtieE

It stands to reason.
If God comes into being, and then dies at some point, He cannot be God.
You see the logic in that. Don't you?
Of course if God comes into being and then dies at some point He would still have been God. You see the logic in that. Don't you? It stands to reason.

Janardena

All I see is empty claims that don't even attempt any logic.

Cloudy judgement, a hallmark of denial.

I am willing to discuss this issue with you, if you'll be honest with me and yourself.

No you're not. You're simply dodging my questions.

Last time.

You've sparked my interest. If you refuse to have a grown up conversation about God with me, at least I get to see your awesome power, man.

How do you justify your belief that your hairbrush doesn't become a dragon when nobody's at home?

We both know the question is stupid, and you're not going to engage me. So do what your going to do.

prometheus11

Cloudy judgement, a hallmark of denial.

No.

No you're not. You're simply dodging my questions.

False. I can answer your question, but you can too. I WAS attempting to get you to word it yourself to explain better with your words, but I'm not expecting that any longer because you prefer to play silly games.

You've sparked my interest. If you refuse to have a grown up conversation about God with me, at least I get to see your awesome power, man.

I've been attempting to converse with you as if you were mature. I won't make that mistake again.

We both the question is stupid, and you're not going to engage me. So do what your going to do.

It's not about the stupidity of the proposition, it's about HOW you SHOW the proposition doesn't deserve to be believed.

I'll engage you whenever I feel it's worthwhile and I'll do whatever I'm going to do. If you would like to converse in a mature fashion, you can make the attempt, but I'm not certain you have the ability.