• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is graffiti art or vandalism?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Here's an interesting photo I took at the temple of Philae in Southern Egypt.

DSC04435.jpg

I've seen a graffiti by one of the most influential researchers of ancient Egypt who is known to have deciphered the Egyptian hieroglyphs.
That's amazing! :)
I'm reminded of one of the most famous works of graffiti art, the Alexamenos graffito in Rome:
Alexorig.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Personally I think it can be both, at the same time and independantly.

I used to commute by train to work and I remember one mural being constructed on my way for about a week, which was amazing and cheered me up,at 6am of a morning :D

Eventually it was cleaned up which seemed more like an act of vandalism then decorating the inside of a grey tunnel, to me anyway. What do you think about it, or do you think about it :D

It all depends upon whether the viewer owns the surface that needs to be cleaned.
As a landlord, I find that the cost of removing it negates any 'artistic value'.