• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it OK to make fun of the non-religious?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
See what Illy said; she's completely on the mark.
They're being why little pansy ******* who're getting involved in my stuff, so I'm going to wind them up for being such pathetic losers.

Lovely.

I heard a quote once that stuck with me: "other people's opinions of you are none of your business. " If you took that to heart, you might be a bit happier... less focused on spite.

Personally, I think that if anything's more pathetic than making a few negative comments about religion, it's deciding to launch a campaign of trolling to "get back" at the people who made those comments.

And I'm sure that prolonged religious annoyance will do wonders to correct their negative opinions of religion.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Lovely.

I heard a quote once that stuck with me: "other people's opinions of you are none of your business. " If you took that to heart, you might be a bit happier... less focused on spite.

Personally, I think that if anything's more pathetic than making a few negative comments about religion, it's deciding to launch a campaign of trolling to "get back" at the people who made those comments.

And I'm sure that prolonged religious annoyance will do wonders to correct their negative opinions of religion.
Aww, shame.
And quoting from yourself:
"other people's opinions of you are none of your business."
In other words, not going well right now, I take it?
Not too bad.

More power to ya.
Thanks.

Frankly, it sounds like your time would be better spent thickening your own.
Frankly, I don't care what you think and didn't ask for your input, and my own skin is pretty thick. Apparently that's not the case here, though, because everyone seems massively butthurt that I dared to do anything besides sit and take it. Oh no!

fantôme profane;3727889 said:
That is probably the way they felt when they were discussing killing religious people. Maybe you are not so different after all.:D :hug:
Maybe, but at least I'm not talking about killing people. A bit of teasing is fine.

I can see how such hateful comments about religious people would offend you, but I honestly don't see the point of responding in kind or how that would lead to anything other than more hatred and generalizations about broad groups of people.
They're British: being ignorant about large groups of people comes with the territory.

Do you think it would be okay for me to mock religious people in return? I personally don't do that; I think it's pointless and only serves to build up bitterness, which wouldn't emotionally or intellectually benefit me in any way. However, if I were to take it upon myself to retaliate by making similarly hateful comments about religious people, how would you perceive that?
I actually wouldn't care; I'm long since desensitized to mockery. :D

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
**STAFF POST**

A few pages of posts in this thread were deleted for reasons relating to rules 1, 3, and 11.

Thread Re-Opened: Please keep the discussion on-topic and free from personal attacks.

1. Personal comments about Members and Staff

Personal attacks, and/or name-calling are strictly prohibited on the forums. Speaking or referring to a member in the third person, ie "calling them out" will also be considered a personal attack. Critique each other's ideas all you want, but under no circumstances personally attack each other or the staff.

3. Trolling and Bullying
We recognize three areas of unacceptable trolling:
1)Posts that are deliberately inflammatory in order to provoke a vehement response from other users. This includes both verbal statements and images. Images that are likely to cause offense based on religious objections (e.g. depictions of Muhammad or Baha'u'llah) or the sensitive nature of what is depicted (e.g. graphic photos of violence) should be put in appropriately-labeled spoiler tags so that the viewer has freedom to view the image or not. Such images are still subject to normal forum rules and may be moderated depending on their contents.
2)Posts that target a person or group by following them around the forums to attack them. This is Bullying. Deliberately altering the words of another member by intentionally changing the meaning when you use the quote feature is considered a form of bullying. The ONLY acceptable alteration of a quotation from another member is to remove portions that are not relevant or to alter formatting for emphasis.
3)Posts that are adjudged to fit the following profile: "While questioning and challenging other beliefs is appropriate in the debates forums, blatant misrepresentation or harassment of other beliefs will not be tolerated."

11. Subverting/Undermining the forum Mission
The purpose of the forum is to provide a civil, informative, respectful and welcoming environment where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate. Posts while debating and discussing different beliefs must be done in the spirit of productivity. If a person's main goal is to undermine a set of beliefs by creating unproductive posts/threads/responses to others, etc, then they will be edited or removed and subject to moderation.

Sentinel

In a way, it's kind of useful for teaching the more militant and disrespectful non-religious about why being polite to someone who holds different views is a virtue.

So you're saying you should make fun of some one for not having a religion to teach them to not make fun of some one for having one.

Great logic.

Sentinel

In a way, it's kind of useful for teaching the more militant and disrespectful non-religious about why being polite to someone who holds different views is a virtue.

So you're saying you should make fun of some one for not having a religion to teach them to not make fun of some one for having one. Seriously i mean just ... seriously.

Nymphs

Is it OK for the religious to make fun of the non-religious? I say go ahead, take your best shot, but what do you say, is it OK?

You can if you must, but I don't think it is okay to make fun of anyone.

Ideas can be challenged, people as a whole should be respected, IMO.