• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it right that Michael Jackson become a muslim??

moegypt

I find in alot of sites that the super star Michael Jackson converted to islam..

Do you think that is right or not?

Please,
This thread is not for religious discussions? we are here in General discussions!.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Does it matter? Does anyone really care what this poor delusional person does with his life. No doubt he read about Prophet Muhammed's love for his child bride and thought, "Wow. This religion is for me!"

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Does it matter? Does anyone really care what this poor delusional person does with his life. No doubt he read about Prophet Muhammed's love for his child bride and thought, "Wow. This religion is for me!"

Yimmer, I expect better of you. :rolleyes:

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
It is factual that his brother Jermiane Jackson is muslim. Last I heard in an interview with him, was that he was giving Michael dawah. Michael did move to Bahrain in order to live around more muslims and observe them, but I do not know if he accepted Islam as of yet. Insha Allah he will, and perhaps he can straighten his life out.

lunamoth

Will to love
Perhaps a life including some religious discipline and looking outside himself will be a benefit for him. He seems very troubled to me.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It is factual that his brother Jermiane Jackson is muslim. Last I heard in an interview with him, was that he was giving Michael dawah. Michael did move to Bahrain in order to live around more muslims and observe them, but I do not know if he accepted Islam as of yet. Insha Allah he will, and perhaps he can straighten his life out.
I think it closer to reality to say that he "fled" the USA rather than he decided to go on an extended vacation. Considering he has had a Muslim brother for ages and has been in Bahrain now for some time, one wonders just what is problem is with "reverting", if in fact that is what he is actually planning to do.

moegypt

Millions of people know Michael Jackson..

Michael Jackson is widely regarded as one of the greatest entertainers and most popular recording artists in history.

Wikipedia

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice

Michael Jackson is widely regarded as one of the greatest entertainers and most popular recording artists in history.

Wikipedia

So what? Does it make a difference what religion a celebrity follows?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I certainly agree that millions of people now know what kind of a "fellow" Jackson is. I heartily suspect that is why he fled the USA. I doubt many people miss him.

Wikipedia (edited by users) said:
Although probably true, this only underscores the fact that there is no accounting for good taste in music.

moegypt

I certainly agree that millions of people now know what kind of a "fellow" Jackson is. I heartily suspect that is why he fled the USA. I doubt many people miss him.

Although probably true, this only underscores the fact that there is no accounting for good taste in music.

NOT AT ALL

Booko

Deviled Hen
I find in alot of sites that the super star Michael Jackson converted to islam..

Do you think that is right or not?

He can do what he likes. I'm not sure I'd like to wish him on Muslims, though.

otoh, maybe FVM is right -- he could use some direction, clearly.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I'm not sure I'd like to wish him on Muslims, though.

:biglaugh:It's just so funny the way you said it! Hee hee hee hyuk hyuk hyuk.

Anyway, I think one's religion is between oneself and God so it's up to him anyway. God will know if he's a good Muslim or not. :)

jacquie4000

He can do what he likes. I'm not sure I'd like to wish him on Muslims, though.

otoh, maybe FVM is right -- he could use some direction, clearly.

I am not sure I would wish him on anyone, but maybe the direction will help him.
I do questions his motives though, I feel leaving the country might have been an
easy escape more than a religious move.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I am not sure I would wish him on anyone

:biglaugh:You are cracking me up too! Hee hee hyuk hyuk hyuk.

However, I agree that he might have left the country as an escape. Who can fully understand what he does though? Maybe he really is trying to change his life around. :D Kee hee hee. :p

Booko

Deviled Hen
I am not sure I would wish him on anyone, but maybe the direction will help him.

I could hope so as well, but still I get the feeling about someone who's caught doing something nasty and they just happen to find Jesus.

The hits I got on Google were interesting, though. There was an early report that he had converted to Nation of Islam on the eve of his legal troubles here. Then lots of space and he leaves for Bahrain and some other reports about him "maybe" converting to Islam.

I don't see a lot of reason to give credence to the reports at the moment.

I do questions his motives though, I feel leaving the country might have been an easy escape more than a religious move.
Exactly. I think this country had gotten much to "hot" for him. Even if he were completely innocent, the press would be enough to want to escape from.

I just hope no one in Bahrain takes him for a normal American. :cover: