• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is MAGA-ism a Religion?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Of course, conservatives do not want to talk about QAnon openly. It is very embarrassing.

For beginners . . .

On Tuesday, using his Truth Social platform, the Republican former president reposted an image of himself wearing a Q lapel pin overlaid with the words “The Storm is Coming.” In QAnon lore, the “storm” refers to Trump’s final victory, when supposedly he will regain power and his opponents will be tried, and potentially executed, on live television.

As Trump contemplates another run for the presidency and has become increasingly assertive in the Republican primary process during the midterm elections, his actions show that far from distancing himself from the political fringe, he is welcoming it.

He’s published dozens of recent Q-related posts, in contrast to 2020, when he claimed that while he didn’t know much about QAnon, he couldn’t disprove its conspiracy theory.

More to follow . . .
Well, I don't follow Trump very much, other than on this site.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well, I don't follow Trump very much, other than on this site.
The reference is a specific description of Trump's support for QAnon. Do you understand the implications for support for QAnon?

Your dodging the the relevant issues. and not answering the questions and direct references presented to you when you are supporting the current radical conservative movement, and pleading ignorance on major issues.

Kathryn

The reference is a specific description of Trump's support for QAnon. Do you understand the implications for support for QAnon?
I understand the implications for supporting Qanon and that's one reason why I am not supporting Trump and will not be voting for him in November. And I am not supporting any radical movement of any type.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I understand the implications for supporting Qanon and that's one reason why I am not supporting Trump and will not be voting for him in November. And I am not supporting any radical movement of any type.
OK. but this is in contradiction of some of your previous posts,

Kathryn

But Trump clearly doesn't want to make America great again, at least not in any sense of the word 'great' that I'd recognise.

He wants to enforce ultra-conservative moral values, demonise immigrants, destroy its moral standing in the world (that which is left of it, anyway), pander to dictators, and autocrats, and worse than all that, burn more fossil fuels and basically make the next generations live with the consequence of the idiotic science-deniers, which, ironically, will make migration a much bigger problem.

The only thing Trump wants to make 'great' is Trump (at least in the eyes of his sheep).

Project 2025 is horrifying. If you really want to live in Gilead (The Handmaid's Tale), vote Trump.
No thank you - even though Project 2025 is spearheaded by the Heritage Foundation, not by Trump.

Last edited:

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
449445652_913587890812901_3362260558980010962_n.jpg

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I don't believe their post has anything to do with that.
I think it refers to inflation, the cost of living, the cost of houses, the cost of cars, etc etc.

Since 2010 a $100 has lost almost half of its purchasing power.

$100 in 2010 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $144.08 today,

$100 in 2000 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $182.45 today

$100 in 1990 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $240.38 today
Inflation has been a thing since we were both kids. Why get bent out of shape all of a sudden? Where was all this indignation in the 80s? Why the hate especially after Biden has passed the Inflation Reduction Act and it seems to be working. Chill. It's going to get under control.

Around 1982 when I took 25 cents to go buy a candy bar. It was 50 cents! Just three days before it was 25! :mad:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What sort of 'hereafter'? Hell? And that's before we get to the terror and painful deaths themselves, even of the children.

Why not Heaven?

What possible relevance could that have to indulge in total genocide and kill infants and even the donkeys, what did they do FFS?

Anyway, we are off-topic here.

Yes, inquiring minds should find out. Put it on your “to do” list? Or was it you weren’t really interested anyways?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
We can't use the terms "black" or "oriental" anymore. African American and Asian, please.
Not entirely. Some blacks don't want to be referred to as African as it's widely known other ethnicities are from Africa. Most definitely don't want to be called really terrible words.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No thank you - even though Project 2025 is spearheaded by the Heritage Foundation, not by Trump.

But it largely reflects Trump's opinions and that's not by coincidence. However, now he's trying to distance himself from it because it's quite "toxic" politically.