• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Rush Limbaugh a Christian?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Because the teaching of Ayn Rand are the complete antithesis of the teachings of Christ. No sane person could believe both are right.

You know what Jesus taught about God and Mammon.

I suspect like most people they accept bits and pieces of the ideology of others and and fit it to however they think the world works.

They accept Rand economic ideology along with some interpretation of the Bible.

Christian, Republican, Atheist, Democrat are just labels people apply to themselves which may to them mean a variety of things. No two Christians are going to think alike. Takes someone with a lot of charisma to round everyone up and get them heading it the same direction.

Easiest to find a common enemy. Demonize that enemy as much as possible then people will set aside their differences to defeat the common enemy.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Rush Limbaugh is a professing Christian, but if a God inspired the Bible, is his position that Rush Limbaugh is a Christian, and will have eternal life? I do not think so.

If Limbaugh is a christian, then he is not the only christian that seems to be so sexist. Let alone the only man :rolleyes:

Agnostic75

ChristineES said:
That's between Mr. Limbaugh and The Lord. He appears to be a bit biased, a little bit racist, rather judgmental.......

I little bit biased, a little bit racist, rather judgmental? FCC should clear Limbaugh from airwaves - CNN.com

cnn.com said:
Women cabinet members are "Sex-retaries."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

"The National Organization for Women is a bunch of whores to liberalism."

[Said to an African American female caller]: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
What a great representative for the Republicans. And so moral, too. Ok, sarcasm over. But really, I can't believe anyone actually takes him seriously. I don't know whether he's a Christian or not, but alot of Christians certainly respect him and look up to him for guidance. And that's kind of sad.

What's worse is that they want to honor him among the likes of Twain.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I little bit biased, a little bit racist, rather judgmental? FCC should clear Limbaugh from airwaves - CNN.com

It's not judgmental, I've heard the man speak. My husband listens to him constantly. My husband had me read parts of his books, too. I call it like I see it. I understand judging, it appears, differently than others do. If I say- "R. L. may be a little bit racist" is not judging. If I say "R. L. is not truly a Christian" that is judging. :sarcastic

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
He is not. He is a follower of Ayn Rand. You can't be a Christian and a Randroid at the same time, that would be like saying you are a Christian Nihilist or a Gay Republican...it just wouldn't make any sense.
There are gay Republicans. They even have a club.

Agnostic75

ChristineES said:
It's not judgmental, I've heard the man speak. My husband listens to him constantly. My husband had me read parts of his books, too. I call it like I see it. I understand judging, it appears, differently than others do. If I say- "R. L. may be a little bit racist" is not judging. If I say "R. L. is not truly a Christian" that is judging.

Rush Limbaugh communicates with a hateful attitude, and is a racist, and a homophobe, and is a disgrace to the Republican party, and does not set a proper example to people as a supposed Christian. A good day for Rush Limbaugh would be like a bad day for a Tasmanian devil.

You used the word "little." So did Pat Robertson. He said "Rush Limbaugh got a little, you know, over the top on that thing." That was quite mild, yes? Is there an objective far right Republican Christian in the house? If Democrat Rachel Maddow of MSNBC had used language like Limbaugh often uses, the majority of far right Republican Christians would be up in arms about it.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Rush Limbaugh communicates with a hateful attitude, and is a racist, and a homophobe, and is a disgrace to the Republican party, and does not set a proper example to people as a supposed Christian. A good day for Rush Limbaugh would be like a bad day for a Tasmanian devil.

You used the word "little." So did Pat Robertson. He said "Rush Limbaugh got a little, you know, over the top on that thing." That was quite mild, yes? Is there an objective far right Republican Christian in the house? If Democrat Rachel Maddow of MSNBC had used language like Limbaugh often uses, the majority of far right Republican Christians would be up in arms about it.

Sorry, I was being a bit sarcastic using the word "little" (you had no way of knowing that). I know he is very racist, very sexist, etc. He is very, very biased about a lot of things. People listen to him- to my sorrow. Every time my husband listens to him in the car, I cringe. ;)

Agnostic75

Sorry, I was being a bit sarcastic using the word "little" (you had no way of knowing that). I know he is very racist, very sexist, etc. He is very, very biased about a lot of things. People listen to him- to my sorrow. Every time my husband listens to him in the car, I cringe.

Thanks for the clarification, my dear. You are a peach.

Rush Limbaugh is a professing Christian, but if a God inspired the Bible, is his position that Rush Limbaugh is a Christian, and will have eternal life? I do not think so.
Rush Limbaugh is a double-edged sword, at best. it is my humble belief that if he ever wants to attain eternal life, he'd better cool it with his causticity and super-inflated sense of self.