• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is sex sacred?

religion99

In Jainism , Severity of not indulging in non-sacred actions depend on your current stage in the "Path to Liberation". Sex is allowed upto 5th Stage about of the 14 possible stages. Meat-eating is a strict no-no regardless of the current Stage.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
yes it is.....marriage was originally conducted as a ceremony part of which was that all and sundry would make every effort to honour and support the union... today were at a point where all is designed to tear the union to shreds with the express purpose of creating rebellious children. thats another discussion but if your going to maintain your relationship with this woman for life then ok.....personal experience sex for sex sake will do 2 things....you will be tempted to look else where and whether on not you do this is not a good battle to bring on yourself....
I think that the harm - if any - of sex for sex's sake is a whole lot less than the harm of marriage for sex's sake.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If sex were sacred, I'd be a holy man by now -- given all the times I've had it with myself.