• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Abrahamic God Moral?

Somkid

Strong stuff. I presume you refer to the Bible. The concept of a God you don't believe in as you interpret that God to be through a book is Stone evil?
What do you mean by 'stone evil'?

Bible, Koran yep, that's what I'm talking about I studied them both for over 3 years in university so I'm not giving an opinion I'm telling you what they say. If you are asking me for an example I suggest you read them I would need a web site of my own to site what is "stone evil" in those books. I can give you some links to web sites if you like?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Bible, Koran yep, that's what I'm talking about I studied them both for over 3 years in university so I'm not giving an opinion I'm telling you what they say. If you are asking me for an example I suggest you read them I would need a web site of my own to site what is "stone evil" in those books. I can give you some links to web sites if you like?

With respect, if you studied them for 50 yrs. what you think they say is still an (your)opinion.

Somkid

With respect, if you studied them for 50 yrs. what you think they say is still an (your)opinion.

The question was asked I answered it that was my opinion. What I said about the context of the religious books is fact if you can not see that you are delusional or brainwashed very simply. What is commanded in either book will wind you up in prison for life if you follow through with it because it is against human ethics and law. As I said I would be happy to provide you with proof if you would like it but I'm not one to push anything on any one especially not my pinion.

Popeyesays

Can man judge God in any meaningful way? Is morality anything other than a human invention?

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Not one bit. Hell for eternity for worshipping idols, bit harsh.

The Revelations of God develop over time. It's the same God, mind you, but a different understanding of God's will.

For instance the Hindu "idol" is not idolatry in any meaningful sense.

Regards,
Scott

kai

ragamuffin
Man is the measure.

The basics of human morality were "invented" by natural selection.
does looking after your family then extended family then tribe come under natural selection because thats where i believe morality comes from

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
does looking after your family then extended family then tribe come under natural selection because thats where i believe morality comes from

Yup. Although it could be put better than that.

kai

ragamuffin
Yup. Although it could be put better than that.

i know pardon me ,i am of the mundane you know:D

and wouldn't you think that was man interfering in natural selection by looking after injured or old and young humans to a degree that upset the natural balance , of predator and prey

Popeyesays

Man is the measure.

The basics of human morality were "invented" by natural selection.

Man is the measure of all things.Protagoras, Fragment 1
Greek philosopher (485 BC - 421 BC)God is not a "thing".
Natural selection refers to physical traits and physical traits may or may not affect "invention" of a cognitive nature.

Regards,
Scott

The Revelations of God develop over time. It's the same God, mind you, but a different understanding of God's will.

For instance the Hindu "idol" is not idolatry in any meaningful sense.

Regards,
Scott

If its not idolatory, then what is it? Also, Sunstone, it this supposed to be in the Biblical debates?