• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is The American Empire Gone?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I would say the decline more began around the 60s, probably more into the 70s. If you follow the trends of the decline of America, many of the problems we have today began around this time, also many began to appear during the 80's, and then the 90s creating a very fragile economic bubble that burst the next decade, and the 2000 being a decade of of two wars that would last until the next decade. This decline has being going on for decades.
True but the US has only been the sole global superpower since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. That is just over 20 years.
We're Americans. We have to go fast. We must do everything quickly. We hasten everything, including our own demise.
The US isn't going anywhere without one hell of a skirmish.
Militarily, the Roman empire went out rather quietly. Of course they had a massive military that had, by the definitions back then, a global presence, and they were constantly fighting someone, but that was a part of the problem. America has a massive military, a global presence, and we are constantly fighting against someone. By the time America dies, there won't be enough left to go out in a blaze of glory should it, for once, be at the receiving end of some other nation's military aggression.

Last edited:

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The US isn't going anywhere without one hell of a skirmish.

OaUU0OP.jpg

Battleships (27)
Carriers (256)

Amphibious Dock (66)
Amphibs / Gators (2,904)
Cruisers (168)
Destroyers (686)
Tenders (88)
Unrep Ships (182)

DE - FF (581)

Amphibious Assault (20)

Balistic Missile Submarines (59)

Attack Submarines (430)

That's just the naval ships, there's also a huge inventory of aircraft.

I believe in the USA's constitution and bill of rights and religious freedom, even though the Christian's believe this is supposed to be a Christrian nation, it wasn't founded on the belief. Our Government also pushed to seperate it's citizens into it's own "American" culture, even though we have a strong European culture as well, I do miss Europe a lot.

It will take a long time to win back international favor, if that is ever accomplished. A lot of Nations are angry with the Russian Federation right now. Scotland is still adamant about seperating from England. The EU may grow into the dominating power if Russia does commit to President Putin's vow Russia is no longer seeking conquest. Scandinavia can become a major super power but it's economy doesn't seem nearly as powerful as other Nations.

France seems meek on the subject. Rome could return as a super power if they wanted to, they are restoring the Colosseum, that alone isn't going to restore all of it's former glory.

It's ultimately boiling down to economics, even though joining a union doesn't exactly make your country property of the other, The EU is going quite strong and all.

It's difficult to say, Scotland wanting independence from the U.K. isn't cataclysmic to England.

If it came to conquest and ultimate war with the US, it would be cataclysmic plus the potential for nuclear warfare.
zsSmfqE.jpg

Which cess pool of a Nation is right or wrong is indeterminate to me. Even with our Constitution and Bill of Rights, they're infringed on regularly if the Government deems it necessary.
The strength of the branch matters little if the roots are rotted.

How 9/11 hastened the decline of the American empire - World - CBC News

The idea of America as the world's policeman is almost certainly dead, at least outside the US. But will America truly fade ito irrelevance militarily by 2025?

We have to stop selling this nation to foreign powers. Its the liberals fault. All they want to do is spend money that we don't have, money we have to take a loan out for from other countries. Its the liberals fault that the US is in some sort of decline. Then there is the Republicans that want to prosecute wars that make no sense strategically. What is the relevance of Afghanistan or Iraq? There is none. What we should be worried about is two powers, two nuclear powers--Russia and China. They're the greater threat.

Are we in a decline-militarily? No. Its like when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. They knew they awoke a sleeping giant. We just need someone to stir us from our slumber--that's all. I pray for war so we can finally deal with Russia and China.

allfoak

Alchemist
I am an American and i could not begin to tell you what is in store for this country.
Short term is obvious.
We are being led around by the proverbial nose ring at the moment by a criminal we call President and few are saying anything.
This means the chaos will continue.

The purpose for and design of America was decided long before Christopher Columbus was born, I can't imagine it to just fade into the background.
If it does it will be only for a short time.

allfoak

Alchemist
Suite Madame Blue
Song by Styx

Time after time I sit and I wait for your call
I know I'm a fool but what can I say
Whatever the price I'll pay for you, madame blue
Once long ago, a word from your lips
And the world turned around
But somehow you've changed, you're so far away
I long for the past and dream of the days
With you, madame blue
Suite madame blue, gaze in your looking glass
You're not a child anymore
Suite madame blue, the future is all but past
Dressed in your jewels, you made your own rules
You conquered the world and more, heaven's door, oh
America
America
America
Red white, and blue gaze in your looking glass
You're not a child anymore
Red, white, and blue the future is all but past
So lift up your heart, and make a new start
And lead us away from here

listen to the song...
This & That: The Reflections of Allfoak | Page 5 | ReligiousForums.com

MD

qualiaphile
The quality of these CBC articles have really gone to ****. The American Empire isn't going anywhere for a very long time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Its the liberals fault that the US is in some sort of decline.
It doesn't matter which party is in office, America has been on a decline for decades now.
Its like when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. They knew they awoke a sleeping giant.
Actually, America was not a military super power then. At that point in time it wasn't a sleeping giant, and it was hardly even a giant.
The purpose for and design of America was decided long before Christopher Columbus was born, I can't imagine it to just fade into the background.
There was no purpose for America, and that racist, slave driving, genocidal POS Columbus wasn't even the first European here, he didn't even land in America, but yet we're supposed to celebrate him and his not landing on or discovering America and thinking he found India?