• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

Eli G

Thank you.

And could that idea change in the future?

Another question: if humans originated in a single region, how does an evolutionist conceive of the parents of those first humans?
Can this evolutionary understanding:

"The current theories involve Homo Sapiens first emerging in Africa and then spreading across the world over ten of thousands of years. Because evolution is a constant ongoing process, populations of humans in different regions developed these variations over than long time period."

...change over time? ;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Agreed.

Variations of traits evolved in different populations, but they are trivial and do not reflect the so-called race model.

But those variations are real. Just not significant in reinforcing cultural, racial stereotypes.

One of the degrees my youngest sister achieved was in anthropology. In one of her classes, they did a laboratory on the use of facial measurements to determine population origins for each of the students. Her measurements indicated an Asian influence in our past. Years later, this was corroborated by 23 and Me. On our mother's side of the family we are 1/4 Croat. That part of the world was a crossroads for trade and military travel. It was no surprise to me that we have Asian ancestry.
Yes, my answer should have been a bit longer for the second sentence that I used. But if a person cannot understand a simple answer what are the odds of that person understanding a more complex one?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Can this evolutionary understanding:

"The current theories involve Homo Sapiens first emerging in Africa and then spreading across the world over ten of thousands of years. Because evolution is a constant ongoing process, populations of humans in different regions developed these variations over than long time period."

...change over time? ;)
It is possible but highly unlikely. And it will not change in a way that will match your creationist narrative. That has already been refuted.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I find it ironic and amusing that this is a thread about a doctrine that doesn't exist supported by a flawed and incorrect understanding of theory and presented to people as if they are vulgar idiots whose word is worthless simply because it doesn't conform to the entire erroneous position that cannot be sustained. As if pointing those flaws out is itself some sort of flaw or personal attack.

Only talking to those who agree with you appears to be the strategy even if there's only one person and that's yourself.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Now you've insulted everyone who won't agree with you your next post will be telling us how badly you're treated?

I'm testing my prophecy skills.
I suppose that it is a natural progression of the straw man fallacy to propose that there is now a Pope of Evolution that commissions artists to paint fictional nude female human/ape hybrids on the ceiling of the Natural Selection chapel.

Eli G

How did the first male ape-human and the first female ape-human meet,
... and how did they supposedly stop transmitting ape genes to their children? :cool:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Have artists in the service of evolutionary doctrine drawn any female apes with long hair and woman-like breasts? :p
Yes, here is one. She is wearing clothes because the moderators hate nipples:mad::mad:

1709084575546.png

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I suppose that it is a natural progression of the straw man fallacy to propose that there is now a Pope of Evolution that commissions artists to paint fictional nude female human/ape hybrids on the ceiling of the Natural Selection chapel.

I'm still trying to work out if that post was suggesting that evolution is misogynistic?

Eli G

How did the first male ape-human and the first female ape-human meet,
... and how did they supposedly stop transmitting ape genes to their children? :cool:
Was it at an ape party in the middle of the jungle?

What did they do to spawn an entire tribe of humans that then joined together to explore the rest of the continents on a magnificent tour? :)

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think that they met at the first ape/human-human/ape mixer at the local YCMA (Young Caveman's Association)?
It sounds reasonable to me, given it is a straw man. Any answer would be correct and wrong at the same time when discussing a subject that isn't real.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, my answer should have been a bit longer for the second sentence that I used. But if a person cannot understand a simple answer what are the odds of that person understanding a more complex one?
I know what you mean. When the level of understanding is so low, it is difficult not to oversimplify the responses. Especially when even that oversimplification seems to get misunderstood.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm still trying to work out if that post was suggesting that evolution is misogynistic?
A lot of weird claims get made about evolution. Recall the discussions with @cladking where he blamed WWII and all of historical human evil on the theory of evolution.