• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the inverted pentagram mandatory in the LHP?

agorman

Premium Member
I feel Satan is being good to me, but is it mandatory to use the inverted pentagram in the Left Hand Path?

Wearing that symbol or putting it on my altar makes me nauseous/sick, either with the circle or without it. And it's not due to some disease; as soon as I put it upright the nausea ceases.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
I feel Satan is being good to me, but is it mandatory to use the inverted pentagram in the Left Hand Path?

Wearing that symbol or putting it on my altar makes me nauseous/sick, either with the circle or without it. And it's not due to some disease; as soon as I put it upright the nausea ceases.
You aint got to use an upside down pentagram

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Being mandatory would defeat the purpose. But why does it make you ill?

agorman

Premium Member
Being mandatory would defeat the purpose.

I thought maybe I had to show the spirits or gods that I'm in a LHP by using its most famous symbol. Also it's supposed to serve as a protection against evil luminous entities.

And sometimes I have the fear that my spiritual practices will unwillingly lead me to a Right Hand Path goal (end up believing I'm a Universal God, or feeling that we are all one, etc.). A LHP symbol gives me some security on this. Maybe because I had a very bad experience with Buddhism in 2008. Consciously I know this is a stupid fear; but sometimes you need something to counteract some silly subconscious programming.

Do you think probably a black moon would be a good LHP symbol? Or a black cube?

But why does it make you ill?

No idea why the bad stomach sensation. Maybe the inverted pentagram causes the elements to gather against me? Maybe it brings too much darkness to some chakras?

Setite

Setite

Wanna know why? It's in your head. Like the placebo effect. Your subconscious is ruling mere symbols. It's not so fell as you may ascertain. Look within yourself. Discern where that idea began, and further how a symbol has weaseled its way within you. This can be said of a myriad of ideas. Seek It's base, and be free to do as thou wilt.

Setite

Setite

Wanna know why? It's in your head. Like the placebo effect. Your subconscious is ruling mere symbols. It's not so fell as you may ascertain. Look within yourself. Discern where that idea began, and further how a symbol has weaseled its way within you. This can be said of a myriad of ideas. Seek It's base, and be free to do as thou wilt.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Agreed. In this case it would be the nocebo effect.