• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a Creator?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I am not really surprised.
This round about logic...I have seen before.

No, I am not God.
If I were, my immediate presence would be far more than a casual conversation on a website religious forum.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Thief,

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you solve that puzzle, you have solved the mystery of life, of existenceas then you too become a BEING.

Love & rgds

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But there is no mystery to life.

Look in the mirror. What you see is learning tool.
All five senses render to your mind incoming information.

Because of your unique existence, you are becoming a unique individual.
Your sense of being is your own.

You are in this world to learn all that you can, before returning to God.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
But there is no mystery to life.

Look in the mirror. What you see is learning tool.
All five senses render to your mind incoming information.

Because of your unique existence, you are becoming a unique individual.
Your sense of being is your own.

You are in this world to learn all that you can, before returning to God.

Hi Thief, there is wisdom in what you say for those who presently identify with their bodies as to what and who they are, but for others whose awareness is not separate from what and who they are, they do not look anywhere, nor do they seek to return anywhere.

Now for those who are neither 'hot' nor 'cold', there remains a mystery that awaits resolution.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

No, I am not God.
If I were, my immediate presence would be far more than a casual conversation on a website religious forum.
Then you're not on board with 'God that is Everything', and that's okay.

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
Virtual Reality and My Big TOE (theory of everything) provide a lot more substantial interpretation of quantum physics than copenhagen or many worlds ever will. And while I am not willing to disregard the possibility of a creation (we do not know enough about the extent of reality to say one way or another) the more I think about it the more I lean towards an infinite eternal reality.

It is completely an utterly irrelevant what extent this universe has or how long it has been here as long as it is anything short of infinite. The extent of reality could be manifestly infinite but our space draw upon some small ordered section of what is otherwise completely probabilistic.

Jeremiah: Cause and effect doesn't require time. You allow for instantaneous information transfer and make everything interconnected and at no point is a delay required for anything. As I understand it existentialism establishes a quite singular focus on the perspective of the individual. How can someone convinced of subjective interaction with objective reality possibly be so convinced of the materialistic precepts of science?

The experiential world is virtual, and some of our best minds posit that the sollipsistic "dilemma" is a false one; that the virtual reality is the extent of reality. The best one can say is that the objective reality behind the workings of the material world is a veiled one. It is not completely unknowable (at least not at the levels we are looking for; I do not presume to speak for the totality of reality), but at the very least it is shrouded.

MTF