• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there anything wrong with prostitution?

dust1n

Zindīq
I am not aware that 80% want to leave the sex workforce....

Got a reliable source?

"There is only one place in the US where brothels are legal, and that's Nevada - a state in which prostitution has been considered a necessary service industry since the days when the place was populated solely by prospecters. There are at least 20 legal brothels in business now. Not so many, you might think, but these state-sanctioned operations punch above their weight in PR terms...

Given such great PR, a new book - Prostitution and Trafficking in Nevada: Making the Connections - makes interesting reading. During a two-year investigation, the author, Melissa Farley, visited eight legal brothels in Nevada, interviewing 45 women and a number of brothel owners. Far from enjoying better conditions than those who work illegally, the prostitutes she spoke to are often subject to slave-like conditions.

Described as "***** penitentiaries" by one interviewee, the brothels tend to be in the middle of nowhere, out of sight of ordinary Nevadans. (Brothels are officially allowed only in counties with populations of fewer than 400,000, so prostitution remains an illegal - though vast - trade in conurbations such as Las Vegas.) The brothel prostitutes often live in prison-like conditions, locked in or forbidden to leave.

"The physical appearance of these buildings is shocking," says Farley. "They look like wide trailers with barbed wire around them - little jails." The rooms all have panic buttons, but many women told her that they had experienced violent and sexual abuse from the customers and pimps.

"I saw a grated iron door in one brothel," says Farley. "The women's food was shoved through the door's steel bars between the kitchen and the brothel area. One pimp starved a woman he considered too fat. She made a friend outside the brothel who would throw food over the fence for her." Another pimp told Farley matter-of-factly that many of the women working for him had histories of sexual abuse and mental ill-health. "Most," he said, "have been sexually abused as kids. Some are bipolar, some are schizophrenic."

Then there is the fact that legal prostitutes seem to lose the rights ordinary citizens enjoy. From 1987, prostitutes in Nevada have been legally required to be tested once a week for sexually transmitted diseases and monthly for HIV. Customers are not required to be tested. The women must present their medical clearance to the police station and be finger-printed, even though such registration is detrimental: if a woman is known to work as a prostitute, she may be refused health insurance, face discrimination in housing or future employment, or endure accusations of unfit motherhood. In addition, there are countries that will not permit registered prostitutes to settle, so their movement is severely restricted.

Those who support the system claim that the regulations may help prevent pimping, which they see as a worse form of exploitation to that which occurs in brothels. According to Farley's research though, most women in legal brothels have pimps outside anyway, be they husbands or boyfriends. And, as Chong Kim, a survivor of prostitution who has worked with Farley, says, some of the legal brothel owners "are worse than any pimp. They abuse and imprison women and are fully protected by the state."

The women are expected to live in the brothels and to work 12- to 14-hour shifts. Mary, a prostitute in a legal brothel for three years, outlines the restrictions. "You are not allowed to have your own car," she notes. "It's like [the pimp's] own little police state." When a customer arrives, a bell rings, and the women immediately have to present themselves in a line-up, so he can choose who to buy.

Sheriffs in some counties of Nevada also enforce practices that are illegal. In one city, for example, prostitutes are not allowed to leave the brothel after 5pm, are not permitted in bars, and, if entering a restaurant, must use a back door and be accompanied by a man.

So how did Farley gain access to her interviewees? Those in control of the women were confident that they would not be honest about the conditions, she says. "Pimps love to brag, and I know how to listen," she adds. Although left alone with the women during interviews, Farley noted that they were all very nervous, constantly looking out for the brothel owners.

Investigating the sex industry - even the legal part - can be dangerous. During one visit to a brothel, Farley asked the owner what the women thought of their work. "I was polite," she writes in her book, "as he condescendingly explained what a satisfying and lucrative business prostitution was for his 'ladies'. I tried to keep my facial muscles expressionless, but I didn't succeed. He whipped a revolver out of his waistband, aimed it at my head and said: 'You don't know nothing about Nevada prostitution, lady. You don't even know whether I will kill you in the next five minutes.'"

Farley found that the brothel owners typically pocket half of the women's earnings. Additionally, the women must pay tips and other fees to the staff of the brothel, as well as finders' fees to the cab drivers who bring the customers. They are also expected to pay for their own condoms, wet wipes, and use of sheets and towels. It is rare, the women told Farley, to refuse a customer. One former Nevada brothel worker wrote on a website: "After your airline tickets, clothing, full-price drinks and other miscellaneous fees you leave with little. To top it off, you are ... fined for just about everything. Fall asleep on your 14-hour shift and get $100 [£50] fine, late for a line-up, $100-500 in fines." (The women generally negotiate directly with the men over the money; what they get depends on the quality of the brothel. It can be anything from $50 for oral sex to $1,000 for the night, but that doesn't take account of the brothel's cut.)

Farley found a "shocking" lack of services for women in Nevada wishing to leave prostitution. "When prostitution is considered a legal job instead of a human rights violation," says Farley, "why should the state offer services for escape?" More than 80% of those interviewed told Farley they wanted to leave prostitution.

'It's like you sign a contract to be raped' | World news | The Guardian

And this is just LEGAL prostitution...

dust1n

Zindīq
But corruption in insurance fraud can lead to arson & murder.
Therefore, we must ban insurance! Really?

But it's a straw-man. I'm not aware where arson and murder are institutionalized to such a degree in any legal industry, like sexual violence, coercion and rape would take place in legalized brothels.

The companions screen the customers. If you want to argue for more stringent standards, I'll listen. But to make a profession
illegal because you can dream up a parade of horribles tells me that you haven't stated your real reason for opposing prostitution.

Dream up? You mean... documented interviews with actual prostitutes in legal brothels? How do you test a John for STD's. You test him, wait a week for the results, than he is good? What if he caught HIV between the test and the consummation? Does he need to have it done every single time he goes in? How, in any sense, can you make it practical?

What is it about doinking for dollars that most bothers you?

The innate violence and exploitation of women.

No. I'd expect that if prostitution were legalized, there would be less skulking illegal activity, & more above board legal activity.

But this doesn't seem to be the case... anywhere...

So more workers in the field would have more conventional employer & employee & customer relationships.

So where might I find an example of this happening... like, ever?

I'm for decriminalization of prostitutes, so that argument won't lend you much credence for why it should be legalized.

It could be that simple, if gov't stopped criminalizing consensual behavior between adults. It looks like only your hypothetical scenario
is problematic. You could argue that anything should be illegal if you make up a wild enuf worst case scenario. This just doesn't hold water.

I didn't make anything up... all considerations are very likely to be the case, no? Which one isn't? Why did I say that is so outlandish to the reality of brothels? It looks like the reality of legalize brothels is problematic.

I see no reason to have gov't intervene to toss more people in the pokey just for doing what comes naturally. Are you one of those moralistic
law & order types who is out to save us from sin? I happen to like sin. Those who don't like sin should just avoid it.

Again, not against decriminalization, against legalization.

dust1n

Zindīq

%80 of 45 women? Real accounts published in reputable news source?

There are only about 300 in all of Nevada... according to the wiki...

I'm not aware of another study that has asked legal prostitutes whether they wanted to leave their field or not.

Hold on...

"AIM: The job satisfaction levels and standards of living of sex workers in licensed brothels in Victoria were compared with Australian women.
MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES:

Responses to a questionnaire that included questions about sex work and their "most likely alternative job." Survey data was compared with identical questions from the Households, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia Survey.
METHODS:

A structured survey was undertaken with sex workers in Victoria attending a a sexual health service.
RESULTS:

Of the 112 sex workers who agreed to participate in the study, 85 (76%) completed the survey. The median years women had been working as sex workers was three (range 0.1-18). The main reasons women started sex work was because "they needed the money" (69%), were attracted to the flexible hours (44%) or had a particular goal in mind (43%). The two biggest concerns women had about sex work were their safety (65%) and the risk of sexually transmitted infections (65%). When compared with the median job satisfaction scores of Australian women working in sex workers' "most likely alternative jobs," 50% of sex workers reported a higher median satisfaction score for sex work in relation to hours worked, 47% in relation to flexibility, 43% in relation to total pay, 26% in relation to job security, 19% in relation to the work itself, and 25% in relation to overall job satisfaction.
CONCLUSIONS:

Women reported that they primarily do sex work for financial gain although a significant minority prefer it to other work they would be likely to do. These results should be interpreted in the context that the presence of personality disorders that are common among sex workers were not measured in this study."

The job satisfaction of female sex workers working... [J Sex Med. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But it's a straw-man. I'm not aware where arson and murder are institutionalized to such a degree in any legal industry, like sexual violence, coercion and rape would take place in legalized brothels.
Straw man, schmaw man......that deflection doesn't apply.
I'm just using your reasoning, but in a different industry to show an absurd conclusion.
Prostitution differs from insurance in that the former is illegal & the later is legal.
Legality mitigates problems. It brings the light of day, introduces some positive gov't scrutiny, & eschews the persecution of innocents by corrupt authorities.

Dream up? You mean... documented interviews with actual prostitutes in legal brothels? How do you test a John for STD's. You test him, wait a week for the results, than he is good? What if he caught HIV between the test and the consummation? Does he need to have it done every single time he goes in? How, in any sense, can you make it practical?
Interviews with a few people is just carefully chosen anecdotal evidence. I recall hearing interviews with gals who like the work.
How to make it practical would be for an industry to consider & implement. With no experience in the field, it's above my pay
grade to say precisely how it should be done.

The innate violence and exploitation of women.
Here we go....the real reason, albeit a real reason which isn't real.
Sex for pay, contrary to what extremofeminists might say, is not inherently violent.
And "exploitation" is just a loaded way of saying "one person serves another".
Even nnmartin is OK with the sexual service industry, but he opposes maids, window washers, cashiers, waiters, etc.
I've been exploited for pay (exotic engineering), & I loved it....especially on payday. The tips were lousy though.

But this doesn't seem to be the case... anywhere...
Except where it's legal in modern western countries.

So where might I find an example of this happening... like, ever?
See above. I compare illegal prostitution (with pimps & street walkers) with licensed bordellos. The latter is better.

I'm for decriminalization of prostitutes, so that argument won't lend you much credence for why it should be legalized.
If you decriminalize it, you're effectively legalizing it. But you'd decrimrinalize it only for the service provider...not the customer?

I didn't make anything up... all considerations are very likely to be the case, no? Which one isn't? Why did I say that is so outlandish to the reality of brothels? It looks like the reality of legalize brothels is problematic.
We have different perspectives.

Again, not against decriminalization, against legalization.
OK. That's not as libertarian as I am, but then few are.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
Straw man, schmaw man......that deflection doesn't apply.
I'm just using your reasoning, but in a different industry to show an absurd conclusion.
Prostitution differs from insurance in that the former is illegal & the later is legal.
Legality mitigates problems. It brings the light of day, introduces some positive gov't scrutiny, & eschews the persecution of innocents by corrupt authorities.

Ya, well if you can find a way to mitigate those problems before just legalizing it, than legalizing isn't going to change. I did state in my first post that if you could take our all of the negatives associated with prostitution, I'd be totally for legalizing it.

Interviews with a few people is just carefully chosen anecdotal evidence. I recall hearing interviews with gals who like the work.
Are you accusing the interviewer of skewing the interviews? What base do you have for this? An assumption than anyone and everyone does it?

How to make it practical would be for an industry to consider & implement. With no experience in the field, it's above my pay
grade to say precisely how it should be done.
Those issues with STD's don't seem to have practical solutions. Until I see them, I wouldn't very much well believe in them.

Here we go....the real reason, albeit a real reason which isn't real.
Despite multiple prostitutes saying that it is very real.

Sex for pay, contrary to what extremofeminists might say, is not inherently violent.
No one said it was. But in the business of prostitution, you are almost certainly going to encounter those things at some point.

And "exploitation" is just a loaded way of saying "one person serves another".
So a denial that exploitation exists. Convenient for the purposes of this discussion. It isn't possible that "one person serving another" is a loaded phrase to say "exploitation."

Even nnmartin is OK with the sexual service industry, but he opposes maids, window washers, cashiers, waiters, etc.
Well, I can't really defend that...

I've been exploited for pay (exotic engineering), & I loved it....especially on payday. The tips were lousy though.
"Exploitation" has varying degrees. For some reason, I don't see how the "exploitation" as an engineer can even be comparable to the "exploitation" of a prostitute.

Except where it's legal in modern western countries.
Where brothels and pimping is illegal? Is there less illegal activity in the prostitution of those countries?

Austria is both a transit and a destination country for women and children trafficked from Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine, Slovakia, Nigeria, and sub-Saharan Africa for the purposes of commercial sexual exploitation.[37] Most trafficked women are brought to Austria with promises of unskilled jobs, such as nannies or waitresses. Upon arrival they are often coerced into prostitution.[38] According to police, there also were some women who knowingly entered the country to work as prostitutes but were forced into dependency akin to slavery. Most victims were in the country illegally and feared being turned over to authorities and deported. Traffickers usually retained victims' official documents, including passports, to maintain control over them. Victims reported being subjected to threats and physical violence. A major deterrent to victim cooperation with authorities was fear of retribution, both in Austria and in the victims' countries of origin.[38]

Traffickers include citizens, who are generally connected with licensed brothels, and foreign nationals, who are involved primarily with unlicensed brothels. Authorities estimated that organized crime groups from Eastern Europe, including Russia, controlled much of the trafficking. Police were also aware of cooperation between domestic and foreign citizens to traffic foreign prostitutes through the country.[38] Some victims are trafficked through Austria to Italy, France, and Spain. Women from Africa are trafficked through Spain and Italy to Austria for the purpose of sexual exploitation.[37]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Austria

Prostitution itself is legal in Belgium, but the law prohibits operating
brothels and other forms of pimping[6] or assisting immigration for the purpose of prostitution. However, in practice enforcement can be lax and "unofficial" brothels are tolerated (for example in Antwerp). Human trafficking or exploiting individuals for financial gain is punishable for a maximum prison sentence of 15 years.[7] A recent report by RiskMonitor foundation found that 70% of the prostitutes who work in Belgium are from Bulgaria.[8] Belgium is listed by the UNODC as a top destination for victims of human trafficking.[9] Many sex workers organisations feel that the present grey area in which prostitution operates leaves sex workers vulnerable to exploitation.[10][11][12][13][14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Europe

According to the Czech Ministry of the Interior, there are over 860 brothels in the Czech Republic, of which 200 are in Prague. Most of the country's prostitution centers in the Northern Bohemia and Western Bohemia regions and in the capital city. Brothels line the country's roads to Austria and Germany, the source of many customers. Weekend trips to Prague for some tourists also include visits to erotic clubs. [1] There are almost 200 websites for prostitution services in the Czech Republic, up from 45 in 1997, which enable sex tourists to book their travel and appointments to buy sex acts before they leave home. Prague has the world's first online brothel, Big Sister, where customers get free sex with the sex acts being broadcast on the internet.

An analysis of hospitalization records reveals that syphilis rates have steadily risen from 1.6 cases per 100,000 inhabitants in 1990 to 13.7 per 100,000 in 2001, an eightfold increase.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_the_Czech_Republic

cont..

dust1n

Zindīq
cont..

A 2009 study by TAMPEP estimated that migrant workers make up 65% of all prostitutes in Denmark.[6] However, the most recent report from the Servicestyrelsen agency states that about half of the sex workers in Denmark are migrants. The largest group, about 900, come from Thailand and, typically, these workers hold a residence permit or Danish citizenship. The migrant workers are entitled to a wide range of social and health benefits, but are not always aware that such services exist for them. The next largest group, totaling about 1,000, are from European Union (EU) countries in Central and Eastern Europe, but tend to commute between Denmark and their homeland; such individuals are therefore not entitled to receive assistance from Danish social services. The third largest sex worker migrant group, from Africa (especially Nigeria), numbers around 300 and a number of the African migrants commute between other Schengen Area countries and Denmark (a similar situation exists in Norway).[7]

Whilst a number of women from all three migrant groups may be victims of human trafficking, the actual proportion is unknown, with no reliable figures detailing the number of trafficked persons currently available for analysis. In 2008 the police met with 431 women suspected of association with trafficking and 72 were confirmed to be victims. According to Copenhagen police, women are recruited in their native countries, transported to Denmark, and then forced into prostitution.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Denmark

Prostitution in Germany is legal, and so are brothels.[1] In 2002, the government changed the law in an effort to improve the legal situation of prostitutes. However, the social stigmatization of prostitutes persists and many prostitutes continue to lead a double life.[2] Authorities consider the common exploitation of women from Eastern Europe to be the main problem associated with the occupation...

Illegal human trafficking is a major focus of police work in Germany, yet it remains prevalent. In 2007, Germany was listed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime as a top destination for victims of human trafficking.[54]
In 2009, 710 victims of trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation were discovered, an increase of 5% in comparison with 2008.[55]
In 2008, authorities identified 676 sex-trafficking victims.[56]
In 2007, law enforcement authorities recorded 689 victims trafficked for sexual exploitation. Most victims (419) were between the ages of 18 and 24; 184 were nationals of the country. Approximately 12 percent were under the age of 18, including 39 citizens. One percent (seven) were under 14 years of age.[57]
The trafficking in women from Eastern Europe is often organized by perpetrators from that same region. The German Federal Police Office BKA reported in 2006 a total of 357 completed investigations of human trafficking, with 775 victims. Thirty-five percent of the suspects were Germans born in Germany and 8% were German citizens born outside of Germany.[36]

According to the report, in 2006 about 35% of the victims of human trafficking reported that they had agreed from the beginning to work in prostitution; often they did not know about the working conditions and debts incurred. Some others hoped for a job as waitress, maid or au-pair; some were simply abducted. Once in Germany, their passports are sometimes taken away and they are informed that they now have to work off the cost of the trip. Sometimes they are brokered to pimps or brothel operators, who then make them work off the purchase price. They work in brothels, bars, apartments; as streetwalkers or as escorts and have to hand over the better part of their earnings. Some women reconcile themselves with this situation as they still make much more money than they could at home; others rebel and are threatened or abused. They are, reportedly, sometimes told that the police have been paid off and will not help them, which is false. They are, reportedly, also threatened with harm to their families at home.

The report states that victims are often unwilling to testify against their oppressors: the only incentive they have to do so is the permission to remain in the country until the end of the trial (with the hope of finding a husband during that time), rather than being deported immediately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Germany

And on and on and on... which one of those countries suggest that trafficking and violence went down once prostitution is legalized? Where is this information you are pointing me to?

See above. I compare illegal prostitution (with pimps & street walkers) with licensed bordellos. The latter is better.

If you decriminalize it, you're effectively legalizing it. But you'd decrimrinalize it only for the service provider...not the customer?
I'd decriminalize it for the service provider and the customer, and focus on human trafficking, sex rings, forced labor, etc. etc.

We have different perspectives.
That's obvious enough... at least I'm willing to read a prostitute's testimony seriously...

OK. That's not as libertarian as I am, but then few are.
Probably for good reason in this regard. I have yet to see any practical regulation that has significantly lowered the rate of crimes associated with prostitution. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think this discussion is heading in circles. And I see too much need to clarify earlier statements.
Let's just say that I favor more things being legal, even though there will be imperfections.
I'll er on the side of liberty for consenting adults.

nnmartin

May i have few questions to be answered by the supporters of prostitution.

1 - Would you be glad if your mother is working as prostitute.
2 - will you accept your sister to work as prostitute.
3 - Do you accept yourself to pay money and sleep with a prostitute.
4 - Would you accept to marry a prostitute.
5 - if you have a daughter,will you be glad that she wanted to work as prostitute.

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. No

dust1n

Zindīq
I think this discussion is heading in circles. And I see too much need to clarify earlier statements.
Let's just say that I favor more things being legal, even though there will be imperfections.
I'll er on the side of liberty for consenting adults.

I would to, but if extortion, trafficking, misrepresentation, etc. etc. the things seemingly always there when prostitution is, than consent doesn't really mean much, does it?

Like I said... legalized prostitution sounds great in theory, but it is a tad bit more complicated than that, and the ramifications of a bad system of legalized prostitution isn't going to eliminate any of the problems associated with prostitution.

I thought your argument earlier rested on the notion that legalization would, at least, LESSEN these issues, but I don't see that in any of the European countries that have legalized it. Perhaps you know of some datum in some empirical study I could look over?

If legalization doesn't actually decrease the bad things associated with prostitution, than what is the point in legalizing it?

nnmartin

so that it makes it easier for men to get laid, basically.

and easier for the govt. to get tax revenue and for women to get legitimate work

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would to, but if extortion, trafficking, misrepresentation, etc. etc. the things seemingly always there when prostitution is, than consent doesn't really mean much, does it?
You see big problems with legalized prostitution, but I don't find that you've made your case.
Hypothetical scenarios, anecdotal evidence, & citing problems which stem from gov't persecution do not sway.
What it all really boils down to is that I favor letting adults engage in voluntary relationships.
You favor more governmental control over us for social engineering purposes.
It's just a fundamental difference of values.

The main advantage of legal prostitution is that it would really pi** off the prudish loud mouthed authoritarian ultra-feminists.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
You see big problems with legalized prostitution, but I don't find that you've made your case.

Ok.. in what country, as you earlier suggested, does the crime associated with prostitution decrease with legalization? It's hard to make a case either way because there isn't enough information. But considering we see the crime when it's illegal, why would I be led to believe those will go away because it is legal?

Hypothetical scenarios, anecdotal evidence, & citing problems which stem from gov't persecution do not sway.
I didn't use hypothetical scenarios. I use inevitable scenarios regarding disease control and its impracticability.

I didn't use anecdotal evidence. I use a clinical psychologist's anecdotal evidence. You discredit it for no reason other than your general suspicion of all people to 'carefully select' anecdotal evidence.

Not all the problems in those wiki's can be brushed off as gov't persecution. Germany legalized prostitution and it's the largest hub for human trafficking. How is that gov't persecution's fault? How is the eight-fold increase in sysphillis in the Czech Republic amount to gov't persecution?

And I noticed that you didn't answer my question... if legalization does not improve or decrease the number of prostitution related crimes, than what is the point in legalizing prostitution?

What it all really boils down to is that I favor letting adults engage in voluntary relationships.
You favor more governmental control over us for social engineering purposes.
It's just a fundamental difference of values.
Even if I had been only using "hypothetical scenarios, anecdotal evidence & citing problems [incorrectly]" at least I'm using something other than rhetorical device after rhetorical device. What you call "adults engaging in voluntary relationships" in this case is not always a "voluntary relationships." In every European country where prostitution is legal, they still have problems with trafficking, misleading of prostitutes, slavery and extortion... are you denying this?

Of course, I'd expect such slop at point. I don't know why I spend energy debating with a subject with you, when all you do is basically ignore what I said, respond with three sentences, and disengage from the conversation without actually responding to me points or answering my questions...

The main advantage of legal prostitution is that it would really pi** off the prudish loud mouthed authoritarian ultra-feminists.
And it's now obvious to me that you support the legalization of prostitution not because it will actually make anything better, but that it's based off a totally idealistic concept of libertarianism that precedes any and all subjects regardless of the outcome.

dust1n

Zindīq
so that it makes it easier for men to get laid, basically.

and easier for the govt. to get tax revenue and for women to get legitimate work

So government should legalize prostitution, no longer criminalize the crimes associated with prostitution ringing, pimping, extortion, etc.. because we need to make it easier for men to get laid? I didn't realize anyone needed getting laid to be easier.

I'm not sure I would consider prostitution 'legitimate work.'

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Prostitution isn't inherently 'wrong', imo.
The reasons too many folks get into is what is 'wrong'...
And the way it's done perpetuates the harm from those 'wrongs'... it's exploits them for gain.

Keeping things illegal doesn't make them go away...
It only causes crime TO happen and MORE people get hurt because of it.

Same with Guns
Same with Drugs
Same with Prostitution

Prohibition doesn't work. Period.

Education and Awareness of the dangers concerning these topics are all that will 'save' us from harms way.

:namaste
SageTree