• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is This Evidence Of Satan? Did He Write An Antibible? Is It Evolution?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Most Christian theologians tend to regard the creation accounts as being allegorical, probably composed to counter the polytheistic Babylonian creation narrative. Also, since interpretations often differ, it is not "kosher" to use one's personal interpretation as if it's some sort of a litmus test in order to supposedly be a "true believer".

Since there's been so many threads on this, I'll not spend much time, if any, on this one.

sooda

Veteran Member
Most Christian theologians tend to regard the creation accounts as being allegorical, probably composed to counter the polytheistic Babylonian creation narrative. Also, since interpretations often differ, it is not "kosher" to use one's personal interpretation as if it's some sort of a litmus test in order to supposedly be a "true believer".

Since there's been so many threads on this, I'll not spend much time, if any, on this one.

The Dead Sea scrolls, the Nag Hammadi and the Ugaritic texts have contributed so much to our understanding of the Bible.

The Ugaritic texts are a corpus of ancient cuneiform texts discovered since 1928 in Ugarit (Ras Shamra) and Ras Ibn Hani in Syria, and written in Ugaritic, an otherwise unknown Northwest Semitic language.

Approximately 1,500 texts and fragments have been found to date. The texts were written in the 13th and 12th centuries BCE.

Ugarit and the Bible - Quartz Hill School of Theology
www.theology.edu/ugarbib.htm
The Discovery of Ugarit and the Ugaritic Texts. In 1928 a group of French archaeologists journeyed with 7 camels, one donkey, and some burden bearers towards the tel known as Ras Shamra. After a week at the site they discovered a cemetery 150 meters from the Mediterranean Sea.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Dead Sea scrolls, the Nag Hammadi and the Ugaritic texts have contributed so much to our understanding of the Bible.

The Ugaritic texts are a corpus of ancient cuneiform texts discovered since 1928 in Ugarit (Ras Shamra) and Ras Ibn Hani in Syria, and written in Ugaritic, an otherwise unknown Northwest Semitic language.

Approximately 1,500 texts and fragments have been found to date. The texts were written in the 13th and 12th centuries BCE.

The Discovery of Ugarit and the Ugaritic Texts. In 1928 a group of French archaeologists journeyed with 7 camels, one donkey, and some burden bearers towards the tel known as Ras Shamra. After a week at the site they discovered a cemetery 150 meters from the Mediterranean Sea.
Thanks for this welcome addition.

sooda

Veteran Member
Thanks for this welcome addition.

These are exciting very finds for scholars.

There are also several thousand clay tablets in Bahrain that record business transactions with ancient Babylon .. and include the earliest stories of the flood and creation from Babylonian mythology.. Bahrain (Dilmun) was the jumping off place for trade with the Indus Valley. Waaay cool stuff.

Bear Wild

Some of us view Satan as a metaphor for the evil man is capable of without any help at all.
I have no problem with your metaphor use but that was not how Satan was presented in this discussion. I have dealt with to many that believe that Satan is an actual being. Unfortunately the use of the word Satan carries a long legacy of intentional use to create fear and hate. By connecting the term Satan with those that have a different belief you connect an instant negative emotion associated with that belief including hate. It is unfortunately very effective. Attach Satan to atheists and to many make the association. Pre-Christian religions of Europe were stigmatized with this connection when those beliefs had nothing to do with Satan. Connect Satan with evolution and you can create fear and distrust even if irrational. The current president of the US is a master at connecting negative terms that create emotions with fear and hate. It is an unfortunately effective technique.

Bear Wild

The Bible theory states Satan and his demons live in the middle heavens. As I said, Satan is the "god of the Earth and prince of the power of the air." Satan got his dominion over Earth from Adam's sin. Part of why God the Father was upset. He also had to leave the Earth and universe he thought up; it wasn't just Adam and Eve who had to leave paradise.

Anyway, here is evidence for Satan and the tricks he is playing.
Oh so now you are saying that Satan is sending UFOs to Earth? Really? Is Satan flying the UFOs? Satan has dominion of the Earth? Sorry but Satan does not exist except in myth. Satan is an intentionally misused myth to create fear and hate for anything or any belief that is different.

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no problem with your metaphor use but that was not how Satan was presented in this discussion. I have dealt with to many that believe that Satan is an actual being. Unfortunately the use of the word Satan carries a long legacy of intentional use to create fear and hate. By connecting the term Satan with those that have a different belief you connect an instant negative emotion associated with that belief including hate. It is unfortunately very effective. Attach Satan to atheists and to many make the association. Pre-Christian religions of Europe were stigmatized with this connection when those beliefs had nothing to do with Satan. Connect Satan with evolution and you can create fear and distrust even if irrational. The current president of the US is a master at connecting negative terms that create emotions with fear and hate. It is an unfortunately effective technique.
I am responding to this after several hours passing since I responded to your previous post and I cannot recall why I mentioned it. Perhaps to just throw out the line between reasonable believers and the intractable, dogmatic, never mind reality, literalists represented by the OP. Sorry if it sounded anything like an admonition or accusation. It was not intended to.

I agree, that is often what people are doing when Satan is brought up in a discussion. The OP is clearly trying to do that with science, since there is no evidence to support his rejection of it. The same is true for Nazis, eugenics, social Darwinism, and several other concepts that are there just to insult and label without telling anything factual. He has pulled out all the stops and drowned the thread with the entire creationist playbook.

james bond

Christians changed Satan.. He was an angel controlled by God.

I'm going to have to start winding down this argument now. It's not a winning argument because while I respect Satan's powers and recognize him as god of the world and prince of the power of the air, he wants to remain hidden. This is something I just wanted to point out and let people be aware. I hope people start to realize Satan exists. What is much, much, much better is to show people God exists which I'll will be doing in the appropriate religious forums from now on.

I was going to post this to @Altfish, since we discussed the atheist poster in another forum who said if the ground opened up before him and received a new car, then he would believe. However, Christians who read the Bible know this will not last. We forget good things others do for us even God.

That said, this poster decided to try believing. I have a video for this where one prays to have God reveal themselves to them. He watched the video, decided to give it a try, and prayed. However, nothing happened. I've seen it work, but with people who come to Christian rallies.

One has to pray sincerely for this to happen and he said he was sincere. Afterward, I realized that a true atheist has to repent their sin first. Repent means to change one's mind and not just be sorry. I didn't tell him this because of realizing it afterward. Thus, we just chalked it up to experience.

To answer your complaint, the Bible states that the angel Lucifer, who was the most powerful and best angel, rebelled. He thought he was so powerful that he should be God's equal. He, too, wanted to be a god. Instead, God was more powerful and he was cast down in a bolt of lightening to Earth. (I think this is why nothing can travel faster than light.). We weren't even created yet. You're probably mixing Judaism with Christianity since you tried this trick before.

james bond

The age of the Earth in millions to billions of years fits all observable evidence.

No one can observe the long number of years in the scientific method. Thus, you are wrong.

God is your opinion... nothing more.

How could it when we have all these coincidences? You do not answer my questions. What an intelligent person who wants to find the truth should do is try and answer questions. Now, it's not possible to answer all nor answer the dumb ones (yes, there are stupid questions; we just don't want to judge questions as dumb those we cannot answer :)).

How can we be here and witness all the beauty and complexity that the world and universe offers? The best answer is God. There's also the Kalam Cosmological Argument when we discovered the CMB and found the universe had a beginning. How could the Bible describle the shape of the universe?

As for the rest, it's just your opinion, opinion, opinion.

james bond

I too went to church and Sunday school, vacation Bible school, We had Wednesday night Bible study.. we had daily Vespers..

But, eventually you learn the difference between childish beliefs in fairy tales and the message behind didactic literature.

Catholic background? I went to parochial school, but like Lucifer rebelled at thirteen.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm going to have to start winding down this argument now. It's not a winning argument because while I respect Satan's powers and recognize him as god of the world and prince of the power of the air, he wants to remain hidden. This is something I just wanted to point out and let people be aware. I hope people start to realize Satan exists. What is much, much, much better is to show people God exists which I'll will be doing in the appropriate religious forums from now on.

I was going to post this to @Altfish, since we discussed the atheist poster in another forum who said if the ground opened up before him and received a new car, then he would believe. However, Christians who read the Bible know this will not last. We forget good things others do for us even God.

That said, this poster decided to try believing. I have a video for this where one prays to have God reveal themselves to them. He watched the video, decided to give it a try, and prayed. However, nothing happened. I've seen it work, but with people who come to Christian rallies.

One has to pray sincerely for this to happen and he said he was sincere. Afterward, I realized that a true atheist has to repent their sin first. Repent means to change one's mind and not just be sorry. I didn't tell him this because of realizing it afterward. Thus, we just chalked it up to experience.

To answer your complaint, the Bible states that the angel Lucifer, who was the most powerful and best angel, rebelled. He thought he was so powerful that he should be God's equal. He, too, wanted to be a god. Instead, God was more powerful and he was cast down in a bolt of lightening to Earth. (I think this is why nothing can travel faster than light.). We weren't even created yet. You're probably mixing Judaism with Christianity since you tried this trick before.
So gullible people that go to Christian rallies see God when they ask him to show himself to them. You do not see the problem with this? And one can always rationalize why it does not work. Put yourself in a Muslims shoes and look at how he would view this "evidence". Or how would you take it if a person of another religion had their god revealed to them if they did a similar act. You would reject it. An ability to put yourself in someone else's situation can help you to see the flaws in your arguments.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No one can observe the long number of years in the scientific method. Thus, you are wrong.

Correction, you can't observe the long number of years using the scientific method. Others can. This could be explained but first we would need to go over the basics of science.

How could it when we have all these coincidences? You do not answer my questions. What an intelligent person who wants to find the truth should do is try and answer questions. Now, it's not possible to answer all nor answer the dumb ones (yes, there are stupid questions; we just don't want to judge questions as dumb those we cannot answer :)).

How can we be here and witness all the beauty and complexity that the world and universe offers? The best answer is God. There's also the Kalam Cosmological Argument when we discovered the CMB and found the universe had a beginning. How could the Bible describle the shape of the universe?

As for the rest, it's just your opinion, opinion, opinion.

Reinterpreting the Bible after the fact is not "coincidence".

james bond

Name some creation scientists who have been systematically eliminated.

Secular/atheist science needs to be sued up the wazhoo! Also, we need to start teaching creation science in public schools again. The fake science of evolution has kids confused.

james bond

I'll have to look over when I get the time.

james bond

I don't know man I heard the quotations of chairman Mao has it beat by 1.5 billion, but we all know popularity makes something right. lol

Wrong as atheists are usually wrong. The Bible being right makes it popular. Darwin's book might as well be tossed in the round bin now. All of his theories besides natural selection have been demonstrated to be wrong. I think Satan used him well in leading to social Darwinism, Eugenics, the Holocaust, and Hitler. We can just forget about him like used tissue.