• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is This Evidence Of Satan? Did He Write An Antibible? Is It Evolution?

sooda

Veteran Member
We had the Paluxy tracks, but they have been destroyed and Dinosaurs, humans and the fossil record - creation.com

How asinine.

According to the Bible, God created land animals and human beings on the sixth day about 6,000 years ago. This means that dinosaurs, Adam and Eve coexisted in the Garden of Eden at the very beginning of creation.

However, evolutionists often mock and ridicule the biblical account because of an absence of evidence in the fossil record. In other words, because human and dinosaur bones have never been discovered together in the same sedimentary strata, they could not have lived contemporaneously.

However, three specific examples illustrate the error of this logic, and provide positive evidence for the credibility of the biblical account.

james bond

If you wanted to critique religion, what would you write? It doesn't make you into the Satan.
The Bible has some good stories and many awful stories, it is written by man.

I would write, "Believe in the Bible. It's the truth."

I never claimed reading evolution turns you into the Satan. Just pointed out that stuff written from the 1850s contradict everything from a book started from the first century. To me, it isn't a coincidence. There is some kind of intelligence behind it.

Even if you did read both, then it's still your choice or faith in what to believe is what makes the difference. It's entirely up to you.

In my case, I believed in evolution after reading -- Understanding Evolution. However, I ended up comparing both from 2012 (born again Christian then) and thought the Bible was telling the truth. The scientific method favored the Bible. Evolution was based on historical or forensic, i.e. circumstantial evidence.

exchemist

Veteran Member
How asinine.

According to the Bible, God created land animals and human beings on the sixth day about 6,000 years ago. This means that dinosaurs, Adam and Eve coexisted in the Garden of Eden at the very beginning of creation.

However, evolutionists often mock and ridicule the biblical account because of an absence of evidence in the fossil record. In other words, because human and dinosaur bones have never been discovered together in the same sedimentary strata, they could not have lived contemporaneously.

However, three specific examples illustrate the error of this logic, and provide positive evidence for the credibility of the biblical account.
The arguments on this website are too stupid to be intended for debate with people who understand science. Their purpose can only be to bolster the beliefs of fellow-creationists.

sooda

Veteran Member
The arguments on this website are too stupid to be intended for debate with people who understand science. Their purpose can only be to bolster the beliefs of fellow-creationists.

LOLOL. Yep.

Creationists are deadset against education and science.

james bond

The fact that you didn't know speaks volumes.

1. Didactic Literature | Article about Didactic Literature by ...
    encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Didactic...
    Didactic literature presents philosophical, religious, moral, and scientific knowledge and ideas in various imaginative literary genres. In the period when there was no ideological separation between science and art (syncretism)—in primitive art, for example—didactic literature was a vital, naively integral form...

Did you ever explain what is the Scofied heresy?

No need to anthropologize for that.

I trust anthropologists more than paleontologists. They're the ones who turned Jurassic Park into a chicken.

james bond

Which ones are stupid? It's a big dumb if you can't list and explain a few.

exchemist

Veteran Member
LOLOL. Yep.

Creationists are deadset against education and science.
I mean, how thick do you have to be, not to see the objection to the argument that human and coelacanth fossils should have been found together if the coelacanth was alive long ago, as palaeontology says? One is a deep sea fish and the other a land mammal! Why don't we find rabbit bones among the fossil seashells, eh? :confused:

james bond

The findings of science, are indeed in contradiction with the creation myth of the bible.
Just like it is in contradiction with all other creation myths from other religions.

Nothing new under the sun...

Too much here, but it's evolution, evolutionary thinking and history that is the fake science. Nothing is true about evolution except natural selection. Otherwise, present an experiment to back something that evolution claims like humans from apes or birds from dinosaurs.

sooda

Veteran Member
Did you ever and what is the Scofied

I trust anthropologists more than paleontologists. They're the ones who turned Jurassic Park into a chicken.

Scofield was a disbarred lawyer who was hired by Samuel Untermyer to write a new Bible in less than six months. The goal was to promote Christian Zionism.. Untermyer also paid to publish the Scofield Bible.

Its fundamentalist and futuristic in scope. He founded a seminary that produced the likes of Swaggart, Fallwell, Pat Robertson.

Its read for con artists like Hal Lindsey and Tim Lahaye.

I am not surprised that you don't know why you believe as you do.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did you ever explain what is the Scofied heresy?

If you mean that paleontologists proved beyond a reasonable doubt that birds are dinosaurs, you are right. Why does that upset you?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Too much here, but it's evolution, evolutionary thinking and history that is the fake science. Nothing is true about evolution except natural selection. Otherwise, present an experiment to back something that evolution claims like humans from apes or birds from dinosaurs.
The evidence says otherwise. But I have as yet to meet a creationist that even understands the concept of evidence. And they all appear to be too afraid to learn.

sooda

Veteran Member

You really have very little education..

james bond

How asinine.

It wasn't my point to argue the specifics. That would be in creation vs. evolution forum.

james bond

You really have very little education..

Well, you're wrong again :p. What do you have?

I'm intelligent and have degrees enough to read what my alma mater put out and buy it and then compare it to what its opposition says. I just thought the Bible theory was more credible and described in detail. The big bang theory lacks too much detail and violates the laws of physics. There is no evidence for abiogenesis.

Now, I'm not wanting to get into the above as it is not the point of my thread.

james bond

Scofield was a disbarred lawyer who was hired by Samuel Untermyer to write a new Bible in less than six months. The goal was to promote Christian Zionism.. Untermyer also paid to publish the Scofield Bible.

Its fundamentalist and futuristic in scope. He founded a seminary that produced the likes of Swaggart, Fallwell, Pat Robertson.

Its read for con artists like Hal Lindsey and Tim Lahaye.

I am not surprised that you don't know why you believe as you do.

Thanks for the explanation. I had not heard until you mentioned it.

I don't really do the televangelists. If anyone is close, then I've listed to Rick Warren and Joel Osteen. Otherwise, I'm strictly a local Methodist or Wesleyan. Jesus preached about prosperity.