• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is your body an object?

Is your body an object?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I am my body

• No, my body is part of me

• No, but it belongs to me

• No, I am part of my body and I am a person.

• I dont know. Maybe

• Total voters

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I cant tell you I know mine, but any system that prosecutes anyone because they looked at you in a way you didnt like this one time is so wrong I just cant argue about it if its not obvious already.

I mean, a system penalising someone because you dont like how they looked at you once is wrong :areyoucra

I have full right to watch whoever I choose. Its too basic for me to further elaborate.

But you don't have a right to continue if you're asked to stop.

And courtesy dictates to assume nobody wants you to stare in the first place, since it's staring is, by default, rude.

That is why I am asking you to provide me examples of behaviour that can only be interpreted as someone dehuminizing another someone.

Do you have access to an online game? (FPS, MMORPG, doesn't matter, really.)

Me Myself

Back to my username
Pretty much I don't give a crap what your "enjoyment is"

:shrug: suit yourself.

I dont give a great deal of crap for your enjoyment either. Least not right now at this moment.

I'm not a walking toaster.

tumblr_m1kzaqxJbp1qa6lp8.gif

I am not a means to your end.Whatever your "end" is.

I expected an interesting dicussion.

You are right, I am not terribly interested in your latest posts. You dont seem to understand what I am saying or caring to understand.

It's cool. "enjoy" yourself.

Me Myself

Back to my username
But you don't have a right to continue if you're
asked to stop.

o.0 of course I do. If you are on my visual field I can look at you. Its a basic right. If you dont want to look at me looking at you, you are free to look away.

And courtesy dictates to assume nobody wants you to stare in the first place, since it's staring is, by default, rude.

Meh, that's a silly rule. People have the right to be "unpolite" .

Do you have access to an online game? (FPS, MMORPG, doesn't matter, really.)

Just sometimes. Far less than what I would like :(

Is an argument for strippers beeing taken as non human by most people coming from that venue ? :D

Riverwolf

Premium Member
o.0 of course I do. If you are on my visual field I can look at you. Its a basic right. If you dont want to look at me looking at you, you are free to look away.

Looking is different from staring.

Meh, that's a silly rule. People have the right to be "unpolite" .
And thus are completely without sympathy when they get chastised for it.

Just sometimes. Far less than what I would like :(

Is an argument for strippers beeing taken as non human by most people coming from that venue ? :D
No. We're not talking about strippers, anymore.

Next time you're playing some online game, create a new account (or character), and pretend to be a girl.

Watch what happens.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Looking is different from staring.

And thus are completely without sympathy when they get chastised for it.

No. We're not talking about strippers, anymore.

Next time you're playing some online game, create a new account (or character), and pretend to be a girl.

Watch what happens.

If you have a car I like I can look at it. If I like a body I can look at it.

Its not hard and it talks nothing about ownership of body the same way looking at a car talks nothing about ownership of car.

If you flash around a beautiful painting with you or a cool t shirt and people like to look, they can. You cant take that right aay from them.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
If you have a car I like I can look at it. If I like a body I can look at it.

And THAT'S and example of dehumanization: comparing a living, breathing human being to a nonliving object.

And as I implied by saying it was subconscious, you didn't intend to.

Me Myself

Back to my username
And THAT'S and example of dehumanization: comparing a living, breathing human being to a nonliving object.

And as I implied by saying it was subconscious, you didn't intend to.

I am not comparing a human to a car I am comparing a body to a car.

Me Myself

Back to my username
The human's humanity is not visible. The body is.

I can watch the body all I want it says nothing about what I think of the humanity of the owner.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Okay, this is getting a bit heated, so I'll be back in a bit so we can stop with this rapid posting thing, and give you a chance to say everything you want to say.

Me Myself

Back to my username
It is objectification if you ignore the other person's desire for you to stop.

not at all because I am not infringing anyone's rights.

I am looking something that looks good. I am not ignoring the person's desires, I just dont value them as mandates from heaven.

Just like my desires are not mandates from heaven for strangers. If I got something they like to look, whether it is my t shirt or my face or my butt, they have every right to look at it. Unless I am a stripper and they are getting inside the clu without pay, but lets be real, I cant dance and I dont have anywhere near the body for that to be overlooked :eek:

Me Myself

Back to my username
Okay, this is getting a bit heated, so I'll be back in a bit so we can stop with this rapid posting thing, and give you a chance to say everything you want to say.

I am feeling cool. I am saying what I mean to say. My posts where at the length I felt appropiate for them now. I am doing other stuff.

I an not "heated" right now, we can be cool :D

(I am leaving at any moment too)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It's not a nonliving object, and thus cannot be compared to one.

I don't think some people get the difference between a living "object" and a piece of plastic for their use or enjoyment.They are both "objects" for their use.And nothing else.No "offense" to the object.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
not at all because I am not infringing anyone's rights.

You're infringing on someone's personhood.

I am not ignoring the person's desires,
Yes you are, if they're asking you to stop.

If someone asks you to stop doing something, and you continue to do it, then you are ignoring that person's desires.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I am feeling cool. I am saying what I mean to say. My posts where at the length I felt appropiate for them now. I am doing other stuff.

I an not "heated" right now, we can be cool :D

(I am leaving at any moment too)

Perhaps "excited" would have been a better word. ^_^

Either way, that rapid posting thing doesn't work. :no: