• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam: Why do Muslims think that Jesus was Islamic or Muslim?

GoodAttention

Yes, I know the history of the Church well, the bad and the good. I take all four Gospels as a whole, not in parts, and I'm aware of all the heretics; some still exist today but under different names because under their previous names, they lost the debates back then and got kicked out.
I'm glad you now understand how the Muslims can justify saying Jesus was a Muslim who submitted to God just from reading the Gospel of Mark, which is also considered the first Gospel.

Submitting to God is a reflection of accepting that there is only one God and no others. Since Jesus never claimed he was God (according to the correct Gospel), this is Jesus being a Muslim and submitting to God as the all-powerful.

SLPCCC

Sorry but why don’t you go to Christian’s sources instead of a listening to ex-Muslim who works with a Christian that eats a Qurans for a living?

You are clever enough to come to your own conclusions when reading your scriptures.
The question in this thread is not the first time being asked.

I did a search on YouTube, and he came up. The guy said he's an atheist with arguments on the topic. I'm focused on the augments on the topic, not on ad hominem attacks. No offense. I'll check out the article you posted too. This place takes a lot of one's time, but I'll take time to go over some of the points made. Peace out!

Eliana

The Quran essentially claims prior scriptures (The Tankah, the Christian bible) are corrupted and it is "the truth". In a nutshell Islam is an Arab religion based on Judaism but substituting HaShem's promises to the Jewish people for the Arab's, with a healthy dose of Arabic culture codified for good measure. Why G-d was unable/unwilling to preserve his prior revelations (note: I do not believe in the Christian bible, just adding for consistency) but was able/willing to preserve the Quran has never been addressed.

Part of this re-writing of the Jewish and Christian scriptures was co-opting our prophets and leaders, i.e. Abraham, and reassigning them Muslim status. This is despite these people have never identified as such or preached anything like Islamic doctrine.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So According to Islamic beliefs;
1. Jesus Christ prayed bowing
2. He preached the "One God message" monotheism
amongst others but forgetting the fact that he also referred to God Creator of the universe as his father which goes against the principles of the Islamic faith.

I know some would say its figurative sense but the hundred-million-dollar question is this;
Is Allah a father to anyone in any sense?
Qur'an 5 (Surah Al-Ma'idah) verse 18
1. I didn't find anything about that in the Bible about Jesus but others were reported bowing so I would agree that the Qu'ran is validly reporting something likely to have happened.
2. I believe He still does.

I believe God is father of all by creation and Father to Jesus by the creation of a conception, and father of Christians by forming a new person by entry of the Paraclete.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Islam: Why do Muslims think that Jesus was Islamic or Muslim?

Muslim means obedient to G-d, right, please?
Didn't (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah obedient to G-d, please, right?
If yes, then under this meaning among many, he was a Muslim, right, please?

Regards
I believe Islamic means obedient to God. I don't know about Muslim but maybe it means a person obedient to God. Jesus wouldn't qualify because He is God and simply He would neve fight himself, so obedience is never a question. He is following His own plans but again I don't see that as obedience.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Quran essentially claims prior scriptures (The Tankah, the Christian bible) are corrupted and it is "the truth". In a nutshell Islam is an Arab religion based on Judaism but substituting HaShem's promises to the Jewish people for the Arab's, with a healthy dose of Arabic culture codified for good measure. Why G-d was unable/unwilling to preserve his prior revelations (note: I do not believe in the Christian bible, just adding for consistency) but was able/willing to preserve the Quran has never been addressed.

Part of this re-writing of the Jewish and Christian scriptures was co-opting our prophets and leaders, i.e. Abraham, and reassigning them Muslim status. This is despite these people have never identified as such or preached anything like Islamic doctrine.
I do not believe the Qu'ran refers to the Scriptures as being corrupt.