• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn’t Islam an idol worshiping religion?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Oh really, i wonder how those Muslim illiterate came up with the number system you are currently using allowing you to post electronic messages in the internet through 0's and 1's, developed algebra, quadratic equations and many other contribution in Astronomy, Medicine, Physics, Alchemy and chemistry, Cosmology, Ophthalmology, Geography and cartography, Sociology, Psychology and many other fields. Who is the illiterate now?
Science in the medieval Islamic world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A good response.

Thanks and regards

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
What do you mean by inside and outside? inside as in inside my body? inside my cells? inside my spirit? and outside where? within this universe or outside the universe? within our time and place or outside of our time and place?

You make so many assumptions and rules which the world need to abide by which is nonsense. You can't simply come up with a theory then force the entire universe to abide by it.
What do you think of the word "existence"?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
then what is beyond the universe?
and if I tell you God is outside the universe, How can or can't you agree or disagree since We don't know what is in there!
I used the word "existence". Maybe we have to settle the meaning of this word first before we continue this line of argument.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you think of the word "existence"?

I don't know what is the ultimate and complete meaning of words like existence, the universe, etc. Scientists differed in defining them so it's pointless for you to hold such definitions that are not absolute and make an assertion based on them. Many scholars say that existence is everything that most people believe in. Believe in?
How about the universe? they say it's all of spacetime and everything that exists therein, but again, they say it's expanding, expanding into what? when we still don't know what is existence and what is the universe so judging Islam as an idol worshiping religion is a very naive thing to do. Who are you? where are you now? where did you come from? what does it mean to be alive and what does it mean to be dead. What is a soul? does it exist? where does it come from? God? mother nature? what do you know about these things? what is the source of your knowledge? and how can you be sure that this knowledge is the ultimate truth?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
A part can't create a whole comparing it to our Dimensions and physics of laws, But God has different laws as I said and He is not abide by our laws
So at least you concede that in our logic a part can’t create the whole. Since I do not know what Allah’s logic is how can I state anything on the basis of His logic? Do you know anything about Allah’s logic?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
I don't know what is the ultimate and complete meaning of words like existence, the universe, etc. Scientists differed in defining them so it's pointless for you to hold such definitions that are not absolute and make an assertion based on them. Many scholars say that existence is everything that most people believe in. Believe in?
How about the universe? they say it's all of spacetime and everything that exists therein, but again, they say it's expanding, expanding into what? when we still don't know what is existence and what is the universe so judging Islam as an idol worshiping religion is a very naive thing to do. Who are you? where are you now? where did you come from? what does it mean to be alive and what does it mean to be dead. What is a soul? does it exist? where does it come from? God? mother nature? what do you know about these things? what is the source of your knowledge? and how can you be sure that this knowledge is the ultimate truth?
All the words you have mentioned have their dictionary meanings. A conversation is begun between two individuals based on the dictionary meanings of the words used. The precise or circumstantial meaning of a particular word has to be agreed upon if the two individuals are to continue a rational conversation. I have understood the word existence to mean the collective for all that exists. If Allah exists He would also be included in the word existence. Do you agree to this?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So at least you concede that in our logic a part can’t create the whole. Since I do not know what Allah’s logic is how can I state anything on the basis of His logic? Do you know anything about Allah’s logic?
Strawman. You're applying your own viewpoints as fact to an argument where you don't know the 'facts'. Doesn't work

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Strawman. You're applying your own viewpoints as fact to an argument where you don't know the 'facts'. Doesn't work
When it has been agreed between my co-debater and me that the "part cannot create the whole" in the context of existence - can't what has been agreed between both of us be a fact between the both of us?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
When it has been agreed between my co-debater and me that the "part cannot create the whole" in the context of existence - can't what has been agreed between both of us be a fact between the both of us?
Lol it's a strawman regardless. If you ask me it doesn't even make sense, but whatever.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So that's the way to go in your opinion? Two people sit and agree on something in regardles of being true or false and voila! it becomes a fact?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
So that's the way to go in your opinion? Two people sit and agree on something in regardles of being true or false and voila! it becomes a fact?
Agreed propositions become a fact for all in agreement. It is up to those who don't agree with the proposition to disprove the veracity or factuality of the proposition.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Uh do they? How is this relevant to 'idol worship'?
In any debate questions and counter questions can lead to new subjects. My question whether Islam is an idol worshiping religion led to the subject of existence. You may follow the thread to find out how it happened.