• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn’t Islam an idol worshiping religion?

Sabour

Neither G-d nor Allah according to that statement are 'idols'. They are outside of the 'object' category. I just think you're really using some definition acrobatics here, and have to say, you may have backtracked earlier as well, because that would make us 'objects' as well, hence idol worship according to your definitions.

I would say yes to that.

If you read the Chapter 112 of the Quraan and verse 255 of chapter 2, you realize that it says that Allah is beyond anything we can imagine. That is what I have already said.

1 Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,
2 Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
3 He neither begets nor is born,
4 Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

2:255

Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.

Harikrish

At least those Children will be raised and taught not to mock others. The least one of them will have more values than you.

The children will end up as child brides and bacha bazi. Please save some children who will learn of Santa and begin to celebrate Christmas.

Sabour

The children will end up as child brides and bacha bazi. Please save some children who will learn of Santa and begin to celebrate Christmas.

At least those Children will be raised and taught not to mock others. The least one of them will have more values than you.

Thanks for proving my point again :)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Islam may be against idol worship but has the Quran taught how to avoid idol worship? The only way to avoid idol worship is to turn within. But Islam says Allah is outside just like idols and not within.

G-d is everywhere, out of us and within us also:

The Holy Quran : Chapter 51: Al-Dhariyat

[51:21] And in the earth are Signs for those who have certainty of faith,
[51:22] And also in your own selves. Will you not then see?
[51:23] And in heaven is your sustenance, and also that which you are promised.
[51:24] And by the Lord of the heaven and the earth, it is certainly the truth, even as it is true that you speak.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Regards

Harikrish

The Holy Quran : Chapter 51: Al-Dhariyat

[51:22] And also in your own selves. Will you not then see?
[51:23] And in heaven is your sustenance, and also that which you are promised.
[51:24] And by the Lord of the heaven and the earth, it is certainly the truth, even as it is true that you speak.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Regards

How can God be inside Muslims? The prophet himself said it was Gabriel who brought the message of God to him in the cave. If God was within the prophet he would have no need for a messenger like Gabriel. Are you literate enough to read the Quran in Arabic?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really don't like the idea of God as being either "in" or "out". It seems very simplistic to me as a Muslim. I really wish you will be able to justify your position more clearly in order to understand where you are coming from.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
How can God be inside Muslims? The prophet himself said it was Gabriel who brought the message of God to him in the cave. If God was within the prophet he would have no need for a messenger like Gabriel. Are you literate enough to read the Quran in Arabic?

It is for human understanding that such words are used.

In absolute sense or in abstraction where there are no physical dimensions of space and time there are no "ins" and "outs" or "up" and "down".

Regards

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
For your information Islam does not believe God is everywhere. All religions believe God is omnipotent; omniscient and omnipresent. Of these Islam does not believe Allah is omnipresent. In any case the point is that Allah is not us (what we actually are) and therefore He is outside us. Only Hinduism says we are God.
Facts should be unconditionally accepted as facts. Why is faith required for accepting facts?
[51:22] And also in your own selves.
What is actually meant by "“in your own selves"?
[51:24] And by the Lord of the heaven and the earth,
There appears to be an omission here –- it should be: Lord of the heaven; the hell and the earth.

Last edited:

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
This is a good point Harikrish.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
It is for human understanding that such words are used.
Allah coming down to the level of humans? Instead Allah could have raised humans to His level. But how could He? He made humans to test humans and those who pass His test are given heaven where humans can indulge in as much materialism as they want. If we fail the test – we are roasted for eternity.

In absolute sense or in abstraction where there are no physical dimensions of space and time there are no "ins" and "outs" or "up" and "down".
In absolute sense or in abstraction there is no separate Allah. He is part of existence.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
I really don't like the idea of God as being either "in" or "out". It seems very simplistic to me as a Muslim. I really wish you will be able to justify your position more clearly in order to understand where you are coming from.
What do you mean by "“where you are coming from"”? Motives don’t matter. The correct answers matter.

Last edited:

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,

How can Allah be absolute and One at the same time? The absolute is uncountable. He can be countable only if He is an object. The absolute is not an object. The absolute is existence.

0ne-answer;3999178 said:
Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living,

If Allah is ever living then how does the Quran say Allah created life? If so – was Allah lifeless before He created life? How can the ever-living be lifeless? A major contradiction in the Quran.

0ne-answer;3999178 said:
the Sustainer of [all] existence

If Allah is the sustainer of all existence then He is separate from existence. Is He then non-existent? Yet another contradiction in the Quran.

Last edited:

Sabour

How can Allah be absolute and One at the same time? The absolute is uncountable. He can be countable only if He is an object. The absolute is not an object. The absolute is existence.

If Allah is ever living then how does the Quran say Allah created life? If so – was Allah lifeless before He created life? How can the ever-living be lifeless? A major contradiction in the Quran.

If Allah is the sustainer of all existence then He is separate from existence. Is He then non-existent? Yet another contradiction in the Quran.

You are taking what is applied to people and attributing it to Allah which is false.

None of the rules you are stating applies to Allah because Allah is the Creator and everything else is the creation. So what applies to the creation applies to the the creation because the Creator has chose for us to be bound by these limitations.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
You are taking what is applied to people and attributing it to Allah which is false.

None of the rules you are stating applies to Allah because Allah is the Creator and everything else is the creation. So what applies to the creation applies to the the creation because the Creator has chose for us to be bound by these limitations.
What you have stated appears to be a convenient way of evading the really tough questions. Quran is in people's language. Then why can't a people's language be used to question it?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you mean by "“where you are coming from"”? Motives don’t matter. The correct answers matter.

It's crucial for deepening understanding. I just wanted to know what you were trying to say, not your motives. So, do you have an answer to what i explained earlier in my post that to Muslims "in" and "out" is just too simplistic?