• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn’t Islam an idol worshiping religion?

Sabour

What you have stated appears to be a convenient way of evading the really tough questions. Quran is in people's language. Then why can't a people's language be used to question it?
You are mixing thıngs up.

You can use the language to question things up. Like the way I answered you, my answer came from the understanding the Quraan whıch I read by what you are referrıng to as peoples language.

So before you question it, you have to understand it fırst.

You have to know that according to the Quraan, God is not a creatıon that the laws we know should apply to God.

Harikrish

I would say yes to that.

If you read the Chapter 112 of the Quraan and verse 255 of chapter 2, you realize that it says that Allah is beyond anything we can imagine. That is what I have already said.

1 Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,
2 Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
3 He neither begets nor is born,
4 Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

2:255

Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
Allah has 99 attributes in the Quran. But this God of no other equivalent is obsessed with human morality/sexuality and demands acceptance of his supreme being. That is a very narrow agenda for a God almighty.

This is why we are having unmanaged floods, global warming, earthquakes, droughts and other disasters because Allah is preoccupied with his struggle to dominate and control the free will of humans and animals and is shirking on his duty to keep the world running smoothly.

Sending an illiterate prophet Mohammad is hardly an improvement over all the other prophets he sent because the message is the same. Why doesn't he get it after all his previous failures?

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Allah has 99 attributes in the Quran. But this God of no other equivalent is obsessed with human morality/sexuality and demands acceptance of his supreme being. That is a very narrow agenda for a God almighty.

This is why we are having unmanaged floods, global warming, earthquakes, droughts and other disasters because Allah is preoccupied with his struggle to dominate and control the free will of humans and animals and is shirking on his duty to keep the world running smoothly.

Sending an illiterate prophet Mohammad is hardly an improvement over all the other prophets he sent because the message is the same. Why doesn't he get it after all his previous failures?
Childish point or no point,

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
You have to know that according to the Quraan, God is not a creatıon that the laws we know should apply to God.
All the attributes mentioned about Allah in the Quran like merciful; beneficent; gracious; compassionate etc. are human qualities. Then why can’t we question Allah by our values?

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
All the attributes mentioned about Allah in the Quran like merciful; beneficent; gracious; compassionate etc. are human qualities. Then why can’t we question Allah by our values?
Why? why do you question the values of God if his qualities are or seem to be like human qualities?
also, his attributes are really different in a way or another that humans attributes

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
It's crucial for deepening understanding. I just wanted to know what you were trying to say, not your motives. So, do you have an answer to what i explained earlier in my post that to Muslims "in" and "out" is just too simplistic?
Is Allah inside existence or outside existence? Why is this question too simplistic for Muslims to answer?

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Is Allah inside existence or outside existence? Why is this question too simplistic for Muslims to answer?
you have to tell us first, What is outside existence? What do you actually mean? what is beyond the universe/existence? is it an empty/dark place? is there a wall?.....etc.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
you have to tell us first, What is outside existence? What do you actually mean? what is beyond the universe/existence? is it an empty/dark place? is there a wall?.....etc.
There is nothing outside existence. Everything that exists is existence - including God. Existence is nothing other than life. You may also call life God.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
There is nothing outside existence. Everything that exists is existence - including God. Existence is nothing other than life. You may also call life God.
so what do you mean when you say "nothing"? is it like what we describe an empty bottle however there is O2 and other gasses? isn't "nothing" or "empty" a word that we created to describe things that We don't see?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
so what do you mean when you say "nothing"? is it like what we describe an empty bottle however there is O2 and other gasses? isn't "nothing" or "empty" a word that we created to describe things that We don't see?
If Allah is outside existence - I would say there is nothing outside existence. All existence is life. Life takes forms and we mistake in supposing that thereby life is divisible. Life and forms are as indivisible as the ocean and waves.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
If Allah is outside existence - I would say there is nothing outside existence. All existence is life. Life takes forms and we mistake in supposing that thereby life is divisible. Life and forms are as indivisible as the ocean and waves.

Again, What is nothing? you didn't answer my questions, but you made your own conclusions

psychoslice

Veteran Member
All religions have become and idol worshiping religion, true religion is from within, not without. As long as you believe in something that is out there somewhere, your belief will be out there, it will be someone else's beliefs, not yours.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
All religions have become and idol worshiping religion, true religion is from within, not without. As long as you believe in something that is out there somewhere, your belief will be out there, it will be someone else's beliefs, not yours.
Couldn't agree with you more.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

What do you mean by inside and outside? inside as in inside my body? inside my cells? inside my spirit? and outside where? within this universe or outside the universe? within our time and place or outside of our time and place?

You make so many assumptions and rules which the world need to abide by which is nonsense. You can't simply come up with a theory then force the entire universe to abide by it.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member

Apologies, but this makes no sense to me. Unless you're autotheist and worship yourself, all theistic religions involve acceptance and worship of a god-concept that is "out there" or not the self. In no way does this require following someone else's understanding of the gods.

Harikrish

Islam is an idol worshipping religion because the Muslims and the prophet himself promoted an illiterate Mohammad to the highest possible pedestal of idolatry.

The prophet being illiterate has created a following of over 800 illiterate Muslims the world over and many more million Muslims who have not even read the Quran or his teachings. If the prophets intention was to create a movement for illiterates he has certainly succeeded, he is a magnet for illiterates. What to do with these million of illiterates is becoming a global issue.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What do you mean by inside and outside? inside as in inside my body? inside my cells? inside my spirit? and outside where? within this universe or outside the universe? within our time and place or outside of our time and place?

You make so many assumptions and rules which the world need to abide by which is nonsense. You can't simply come up with a theory then force the entire universe to abide by it.

I appreciate your post.

Regards

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Islam is an idol worshipping religion because the Muslims and the prophet himself promoted an illiterate Mohammad to the highest possible pedestal of idolatry.

The prophet being illiterate has created a following of over 800 illiterate Muslims the world over and many more million Muslims who have not even read the Quran or his teachings. If the prophets intention was to create a movement for illiterates he has certainly succeeded, he is a magnet for illiterates. What to do with these million of illiterates is becoming a global issue.

Oh really, i wonder how those Muslim illiterate came up with the number system you are currently using allowing you to post electronic messages in the internet through 0's and 1's, developed algebra, quadratic equations and many other contribution in Astronomy, Medicine, Physics, Alchemy and chemistry, Cosmology, Ophthalmology, Geography and cartography, Sociology, Psychology and many other fields. Who is the illiterate now?

Science in the medieval Islamic world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia