• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It all falls apart so quickly.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I'm considering taking my dog to a shelter and giving her up because I can't afford her health care and she needs surgery. She can barely eat and is skin and bones. I can't even afford her antibiotics right now. I don't want to give her up but I don't know what to do. I've been thinking of this on and off for months now, but it hurts. I'm such a failure. I've had her for 7 years. I'm not getting anywhere and things continue to worsen for me financially. I'm extremely depressed.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Well...I'll figure something out. I'm not getting rid of my dog, as that wouldn't be fair to her, either. I adopted her from a shelter and then I leave her at one? That's not right. She's not about to die, either. I just can't stand her being in pain and struggling to eat. I thought I could leave the surgery for October, but I can't make her wait that long.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am glad to hear from you but very sad that things are looking so bleak for you. I was feeling bad for myself and then I thought "Things could get a lot worse" and they can. And like you said, quickly. They can snow ball.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I am glad to hear from you but very sad that things are looking so bleak for you. I was feeling bad for myself and then I thought "Things could get a lot worse" and they can. And like you said, quickly. They can snow ball.
Yup. It just sucks! I didn't think I'd be out of work this long. Denied unemployment, too. I apply and don't hear back. Apparently almost half of job postings are fake, just to make the company look like it's growing, but they never actually hire anyone for the position. I'll just have to give in and do temp work, most of which I can't do. I can't do manual labor because of injuries from the past. I was a cashier all this time. That's what I know to do, retail and customer service. I guess they can put me at a call center. :shrug:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yup. It just sucks! I didn't think I'd be out of work this long. Denied unemployment, too. I apply and don't hear back. Apparently almost half of job postings are fake, just to make the company look like it's growing, but they never actually hire anyone for the position. I'll just have to give in and do temp work, most of which I can't do. I can't do manual labor because of injuries from the past. I was a cashier all this time. That's what I know to do, retail and customer service. I guess they can put me at a call center. :shrug:
My granddaughters tell me that about half the job postings they see are fake ones too. Temp work can turn into permanent work though. Keep that in mind.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Now I've been denied Medicaid, even though I've declared no income. I think Ohio wants me to die. I really need help. I don't see how I can go to the doctor now. Omg, how could they do this me. They want me dead.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I think what happened was is there's some sort of error on their system. I got two denial forms for applications from 2017, along with the recent one! That's ridiculous, and makes no sense. When I spoke to someone from Job and Family Services last Thursday, she was confused about it, herself and sent it to a different department. They were supposed to call me. So now I have to spend hours on hold to talk to someone again about this. This is really outrageous. Whoever heads Job and Family Services here needs firing.