• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italy and Hungary oppose warfare supply to Ukraine

Altfish

Veteran Member
Source

I am sorry for the caviar-eating élites in Brussels...but, unlike the USA we need to fund our universal public healthcare system, instead of wasting money on idiocies.

Compris, Belgique?
@TagliatelliMonster ;)
Surprise, surprise ... Putin's friends back Russia.
Did you know that the Pope's a catholic?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Surprise, surprise ... Putin's friends back Russia.
Did you know that the Pope's a catholic?
I know, right....

But it's even a blatant misrepresentation.
Italy, unlike Hungary, doesn't oppose sending military packages to Ukraine at all.
What they actually oppose is for Ukraine to use Italian weapons to attack Russia on Russian soil.

All countries used to be of that opinion.
It's only rather recently that countries started turning around on that. There are still many that that don't allow it.
There are also countries that not yet allow it only for specific types of weapons.

So really, this stance of Italy is barely news at all. More importantly, Italy's stance is heavily misrepresented in the OP

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

All countries used to be of that opinion.
It's only rather recently that countries started turning around on that.
Because there is a huge difference between defense and offense (attack).
There are still many that that don't allow it.
There are also countries that not yet allow it only for specific types of weapons.

So really, this stance of Italy is barely news at all. More importantly, Italy's stance is heavily misrepresented in the OP

It's not misinterpreted. It just that we are a US colony so we are not really free to express ourselves.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Si, monsieur.
Article 11 of the Italian Constitution and article 26 of the German Constitution.

Well, for Germany if you ask, I am pretty sure that the government and courts will answer that Germany is not involved in a war of aggression on the part of Germany:
26.1 (1) Acts tending to and undertaken with intent to disturb the peaceful relations between nations, especially to prepare for a war of aggression, shall be unconstitutional. They shall be criminalised.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
If you could speak Italian, you would have read that that's exactly what the Italian article says.

That is not the same. Italy opposes the usage of weapons in Russia, not the delivery of weapons to Ukraine.
So you are saying 2 things that contradict easy other and only one of them can be true.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well, for Germany if you ask, I am pretty sure that the government and courts will answer that Germany is not involved in a war of aggression on the part of Germany:
26.1 (1) Acts tending to and undertaken with intent to disturb the peaceful relations between nations, especially to prepare for a war of aggression, shall be unconstitutional. They shall be criminalised.
If they provide weapons meant to attack the Russian territory, they are violating article 26.
And I can demonstrate it in any German courtroom.
And the Constitutional Court of Karlsruhe will agree.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

That is not the same. Italy opposes the usage of weapons in Russia, not the delivery of weapons to Ukraine.
So you are saying 2 things that contradict easy other and only one of them can be true.
Maybe you don't understand.
If Mr. Zely uses those weapons (meant to be used as defense warfare) to attack Russia, Italy is violating article 11 of its Constitution.
And all future supplies will have to be cancelled.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Si, monsieur.
Article 11 of the Italian Constitution.

That is your opinion. Here is another one:
"...
Lastly, Article 11 includes a general directive to the Italian political and institutional bodies in their international relations, requiring them to actively pursue a pacifist policy and absolutely prohibiting any involvement in wars of an offensive nature or as means ‘for the settlement of international disputes’.[56] Yet, this does not exclude participation in wars waged to defend the homeland and the territory of another State. The Constitution does not explicitly clarify whether or not it is allowed to participate in wars to defend other States, thus opening up the space for the identification of an implicit authorization through international law.[57]
In the silence of the Constitution, the concept of ‘defensive warfare’ should be defined in light of the international rules governing the use of force and those provisions regulating the exercise of individual or collective self-defence. The ‘opening’ of the Constitution to international law allows for an integrative interpretation of its provisions, like the recognition of the ‘natural right’ to self-defence or defensive support in certain circumstance.[58] What is more, in the present geopolitical situation, defence of the Homeland under Article 52 of the Constitution as ‘a sacred duty for every citizen’, cannot but include defensive alliances between States, with all the related consequences in terms of mutual assistance in the event of an invasion by a third country.[59] ..."

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
If they provide weapons meant to attack the Russian territory, they are violating article 26.
And I can demonstrate it in any German courtroom.
And the Constitutional Court of Karlsruhe will agree.

Then actually do so. Until that is the case, it is no relevant what you believe or not, as there is no actual verdict.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is your opinion. Here is another one:
"...
Lastly, Article 11 includes a general directive to the Italian political and institutional bodies in their international relations, requiring them to actively pursue a pacifist policy and absolutely prohibiting any involvement in wars of an offensive nature or as means ‘for the settlement of international disputes’.[56] Yet, this does not exclude participation in wars waged to defend the homeland and the territory of another State. The Constitution does not explicitly clarify whether or not it is allowed to participate in wars to defend other States, thus opening up the space for the identification of an implicit authorization through international law.[57]
In the silence of the Constitution, the concept of ‘defensive warfare’ should be defined in light of the international rules governing the use of force and those provisions regulating the exercise of individual or collective self-defence. The ‘opening’ of the Constitution to international law allows for an integrative interpretation of its provisions, like the recognition of the ‘natural right’ to self-defence or defensive support in certain circumstance.[58] What is more, in the present geopolitical situation, defence of the Homeland under Article 52 of the Constitution as ‘a sacred duty for every citizen’, cannot but include defensive alliances between States, with all the related consequences in terms of mutual assistance in the event of an invasion by a third country.[59] ..."
I see you haven't studied jurisprudence.
Because if you had, you would understand that the Italian Constitution cannot be interpreted, since it's Napoleonic legal system.
So that article is wrong.

No wonder...in the Anglo-Saxon world any law is interpretable.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Maybe you don't understand.
If Mr. Zely uses those weapons (meant to be used as defense warfare) to attack Russia, Italy is violating article 11 of its Constitution.
And all future supplies will have to be cancelled.

Look for the answer I have already given as per another opinion than yours.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I see you haven't studied jurisprudence.
Because if you had, you would understand that the Italian Constitution cannot be interpreted, since it's Napoleonic legal system.
So that article is wrong.

No wonder...in the Anglo-Saxon world any law is interpretable.

I really don't care about your private subjective opinions, unless you actually back it up.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I really don't care about your private subjective opinions, unless you actually back it up.

The NATO already violates article 11, in fact I can openly insult the NATO...because they openly violate the article 11 of our Constitution.

Giving weapons to Mr. Zely who is attacking Russia is the cherry on the cake of this violation.

And by the way ...in Italy they are already fighting against this violation. Watch this. I guess you are smart enough to understand what "il decreto VIOLA LA COSTITUZIONE" means in English, right?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

In your opinion, what does "Italy repudiates war as instrument meant to settle international disputes" mean?

Explain me. I want to be enlightened by your juridical wisdom.