• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

January 6 2020: why did four cops commit suicide after the events?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Four officers, from various police departments, who responded to the attack committed suicide in the days and months that followed.[483] Capitol Police officer Howard Charles Liebengood died by suicide three days after the attack.[484] D.C. Metropolitan Police officer Jeffrey Smith, who was injured in the attack, died by suicide from a gunshot wound to the head at George Washington Memorial Parkway on January 15, after a misdiagnosed concussion;[485] his death was found to be in line of duty.[486] In July, two more officers who responded to the attack died by suicide: Metropolitan Police officer Kyle Hendrik DeFreytag was found on July 10, and Metropolitan Police officer Gunther Paul Hashida was found on July 29.[487]

So tell me....why do you think four cops commit suicide, while performing their duties?
:)
Not one, not two. Four.
Four unrelated deaths.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...it turns out that a public servant is supposed to protect and serve the people, the nation they belong to too.

But... thirty pieces of silver are a good price to obey an elitist godless group instead.

It reminds me of...

You guys think that Inferno is what Dante described?
No...that's an allegory.

We Never Know

No Slack

Four officers, from various police departments, who responded to the attack committed suicide in the days and months that followed.[483] Capitol Police officer Howard Charles Liebengood died by suicide three days after the attack.[484] D.C. Metropolitan Police officer Jeffrey Smith, who was injured in the attack, died by suicide from a gunshot wound to the head at George Washington Memorial Parkway on January 15, after a misdiagnosed concussion;[485] his death was found to be in line of duty.[486] In July, two more officers who responded to the attack died by suicide: Metropolitan Police officer Kyle Hendrik DeFreytag was found on July 10, and Metropolitan Police officer Gunther Paul Hashida was found on July 29.[487]

So tell me....why do you think four cops commit suicide, while performing their duties?
Not one, not two. Four.
Four unrelated deaths.
Sadly four is just a drop in the bucket.

"In 2020, 116 police officers died by suicide while 113 died in the line of duty"

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Yeah, it makes no sense. The BLM riots were far worse with cops being locked inside burning police stations, people getting killed, etc. I don't recall cops killing themselves over that.

We Never Know

No Slack
But 116 out of the US population is nothing.
We are speaking of 4 cops out of those who participated to the repression of the January 6 demonstration.
That is a big number. :)
And no...coincidences do not exist.
Here's the deal. Many cops do it yearly.
Do you have any evidence Jan 6th is why they did it?
Could they have already been contemplating suicide before J6?

We Never Know

No Slack
We are speaking of 4 cops out of those who participated to the repression of the January 6 demonstration.
By the way. 116 is a lot of cops(an average of around 10 per month).
Most of the US population aren't cops.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
However if you want to compare cops to the US population, there is this...

"law enforcement officers have a 54% increase in suicide risk when compared to the civilian population"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Not one, not two. Four.
Four unrelated deaths.
Sounds like something worthy of Coast to Coast.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
However if you want to compare cops to the US population, there is this...

"law enforcement officers have a 54% increase in suicide risk when compared to the civilian population"

With all due respect...but the first police officer committed suicide three days after the famous day.
Claiming it's unrelated or it's a coincidence is really grasping at straws...

...or as we say it, in my language, it's really climbing on mirrors. ;)

We Never Know

No Slack
With all due respect...but the first police officer committed suicide three days after the famous day.
Claiming it's unrelated or it's a coincidence is really grasping at straws...

...or as we say it, in my language, it's really climbing on mirrors. ;)
I'm not saying its unrelated or is related.

Maybe they were already contemplating it.

Maybe they were already contemplating it and that pushed the thought further/deeper.

I'm saying many cops commit suicide. I think the current average is around 184 per year.

The 116 in 2020 was actually a dip in numbers because of covid.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm not saying its unrelated or is related.

Maybe they were already contemplating it.

Maybe they were already contemplating it and that pushed the thought further/deeper.

I'm saying many cops commit suicide. I think the current average is around 184 per year.

The 116 in 2020 was actually a dip in numbers because of covid.
If a woman commits suicide three days after she was raped, would you say it's unrelated?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If people commit suicide after a snowfall are they unrelated?
Condicio since qua non.
The juridical principle that uses Aristotelian logic to consider an event related to another event...

That is...
if someone runs me over and I die, the driver can say that it's a coincidence, and that I would have died anyway.

Would you believe him? ;)