• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

January 6th, Just What Was It?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As of 2021, there were at least 3 putsch participants who had been charged with crimes relating to the firearms they were armed with at the Capitol.

... just as one small slice of what went on that day.
And since no others demonstrated that they had them we will never really know how many were armed. Luckily when the one confrontation occurred they quickly backed down. It did cost a member of that armed mob her life.

Colt

Fewer than there could have been thanks to strict gun laws at the Capitol. Would you prefer there would have been a shootout among heavily armed citizens and police with countless numbers dead and wounded? The only thing more guns would have done is more killing and more MAGAs in deeper legal trouble.
Just making the point that it was a riot not a Fed gov takeover.

I think the embarrassment the left carries about the riots and destruction caused by their own for so long leads them to the right doing it!

People on the left are cheering the murder of Ashli.

Colt

Had Trump not lied about election fraud then they would not have attended a protest/riot and ended up dead. Of course they were open to being duped, so blame isn’t all on Trump.
The is always some voter fraud, just not to the extent Trump claimed.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Just making the point that it was a riot not a Fed gov takeover.
It was a violent riot that did fail, so you are half right. Do you think these rioters were correct in their attempt on Jan 6?
I think the embarrassment the left carries about the riots and destruction caused by their own for so long leads them to the right doing it!
You think wrong. You should listen to what the left people say, not far right pundits who work to fool their audiences.
People on the left are cheering the murder of Ashli.
No they aren’t. Im curious why you would say something like this against people.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Had Trump not lied about election fraud then they would not have attended a protest/riot and ended up dead. Of course they were open to being duped, so blame isn’t all on Trump.
One person was shot by Capitol police. Two people died of heart attacks (one died before the riots began). One person died of an accidental overdose of prescription meds.

Heck my husband died of a sudden heart attack just driving down the road on his way in to work one morning. One doesn't have to be in the throes of excitement to die of a heart attack.

F1fan

Veteran Member
One person was shot by Capitol police.
That is correct. She was open to being negatively influenced by Trump, travelled to the Capitol, broke in with many other people, and started climbing in through a door into the Senate chamber despite the security guards standing in plain sight with guns, and warning the rioters not to enter. Her death is due to her own exceptionally poor judgment.
Two people died of heart attacks (one died before the riots began). One person died of an accidental overdose of prescription meds.
Imagine all those people not having to deal with the chaos and violence of Jan 6, and instead carried about their ordinary days. But Trump lied to these people, and they acted. The police who died and were injured as a result of the riot were only doing their jobs.
Heck my husband died of a sudden heart attack just driving down the road on his way in to work one morning. One doesn't have to be in the throes of excitement to die of a heart attack.
Life is fragile, and death will happen to us one way or another. We need to take care of ourselves and each other.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
One person was shot by Capitol police. Two people died of heart attacks (one died before the riots began). One person died of an accidental overdose of prescription meds.

I'd prefer it that way.

Colt

No they aren’t. Im curious why you would say something like this against people.
338E054D-B736-4D2B-8CC0-5865782284FA.png

Last edited:

Colt

It says a lot about you that you think one tweet is incredibly significant, but a massive riot breaking into the Capitol building isn't.

Perspective, do you have any?
It says a lot about you that 5,154 liking the tweet doesn’t matter. I already condemned the riot and hold Trump and the rioters responsible on this thread.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Imagine all those people not having to deal with the chaos and violence of Jan 6, and instead carried about their ordinary days. But Trump lied to these people, and they acted. The police who died and were injured as a result of the riot were only doing their jobs.

Life is fragile, and death will happen to us one way or another. We need to take care of ourselves and each other.
Like I said, one doesn't have to be in the throes of excitement to have a heart attack.

What police died or were injured on January 6?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
It says a lot about you that 5,154 liking the tweet doesn’t matter.
Because it doesn't. It really doesn't.

Also, she was a domestic terrorist, and your feigned concern for her is more of an insult than calling her such.

I already condemned the riot and hold Trump and the rioters responsible on this thread.
Except you keep downplaying it and pretending it wasn't as serious as it was, plus ignoring basic facts about it and making all sorts of irrelevant points about guns.

Colt

Because it doesn't. It really doesn't.

Also, she was a domestic terrorist, and your feigned concern for her is more of an insult than calling her such.

Except you keep downplaying it and pretending it wasn't as serious as it was, plus ignoring basic facts about it and making all sorts of irrelevant points about guns.
The riot was serious and stupid! Like the riot at the White House when the church was set on fire by a Leftist mob. Like the hundreds of riots and looting by BLM, ANTIFA and spoiled leftist children all across the country the previous years.

My point it that it wasn't a serious attempt at an insurrection.