• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JD Vance - A Gift To Biden

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
So if he picked Viveck or Youngkin or Stefanik etc. you would have liked that pick? Any pick he would have made the dems would trash them.
You're missing the point. Yes, democrats would obviously come out heavily against whoever it was. But Vance went from harshly criticizing Trump to becoming one of his biggest supporters when he got into politics, and over the course of only a year or two. That makes it very easy to "trash" him.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Why would I, he has been a solid supporter for a couple years now and has always been a solid conservative as far as I can tell. Have you never changed your mind about a candidate? Your choice of words such as minion shows your bias anyway. As a Trump supporter and conservative I see no problem with this pick. I was thinking Tim Scott was going to be his pick.
This isn't a simple "change of mind". He went from "Trump is America's Hitler" to "Trump is amazing, and the election was rigged", and it happened abruptly when he went into politics. Instead of a change of mind, it was clearly a cynical ploy for power.

Last edited:

JIMMY12345

I can see it now.....
Biden's campaign ads will mostly be clips about
Vance's earlier candid opinions about Trump.
"America's Hitler"
"Cynical *** hole"
"Cultural heroin"
"Moral disaster"
Vance can try to explain away his comments.
But there's no way that he won't look like a lying flip
flopper willing to lick Trump's boots to be Vice President.
So all the ingredients for a successful politician. Trump will be POTUS 2024.Republicans are dead.Its Trumps party now.A the convention anyone who got over 50% captured all the votes. Thats why most of the states declared 100% we love Trump.We declare all for him.They next step is to disguise the true origin of part of the donor money pouring in. The campaign funds for Trump seal his fate and his followers. Potus 2024 Trump.Which is why "Dump chump Trump" switches to we love Trump with all hearts.Sensible politics if you want a slice of the action.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Vance seemed to change his mind in 2021. He did not change his mind to be vice president, that would have been really unlikely.
Yes, I do think his "change of mind" was so that he could gain or keep political power or influence. Maybe VP was a long shot, but a shot he decided to take. And if he didn't get VP he could get some other position. Same reason Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham "changed their minds".

The majority of Trump voters have changed their minds about him. I don't think this will be an issue. He may come across as more genuine and thoughtful. We will see.
Sure, all Vance has to do is explain that before Trump took office he thought he might be "America's Hitler" but after seeing how reasonable and compassionate Trump was as President he changed his mind.

And then wait for the laughter to die down. Which will take some time.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Biden has actually been a pretty good president. He has his flaws, obviously his age being the big one. And he's not an energizing, inspiring type, but his actual work as president has been pretty good.
He's been OK.
But he's long past his prime.
Yet the party failed to consider any challengers.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
He's been OK.
But he's long past his prime.
Yet the party failed to consider any challengers.
I don't think they failed to consider them. I think Biden has consistently shown to be their best option, at least up until just recently. He was their best option last time, despite his age, and he's polled consistently the best of any options ever since.

I think if there had been a rising star who really seemed to have "it", like an Obama or something, that would have changed things.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Exactly.
He's automatically anointed.

You can believe Biden is best.
I'm highly skeptical.
him being "automatically anointed" doesn't mean they didn't consider other options. It just means there were no other options that presented a better chance.

This isn't about my personal belief regarding Biden. I think he's done a good job, but I'd prefer to have someone younger. But all indications were that he was the best choice to beat Trump in this election, at least until very recently.

Clizby Wampuscat

Because I give a reasoned argument.
And once again, note that I don't
oppose Vance as running mate.
Ok, I disagree with your reasoning.
Turning the tables....
Why should I take your support for Trump
& Vance as anything but blind devotion to
a cult leader, eh?
Because you think that of every person that votes for Trump. It does not matter what I say, your posts here have been clear.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok, I disagree with your reasoning.
That's better.
Because you think that of every person that votes for Trump.
That's untrue. I know intelligent people
who are simply "low information", & like
his style of attacking Democrats.
It does not matter what I say, your posts here have been clear.
My quip was simply an "in kind"
response to yours about me.
You can't see when something is
tit-for-tat? Oh, dear.

Clizby Wampuscat

You're missing the point. Yes, democrats would obviously come out heavily against whoever it was. But Vance went from harshly criticizing Trump to becoming one of his biggest supporters when he got into politics, and over the course of only a year or two. That makes it very easy to "trash" him.
Because he changed his mind? You can believe what you want but I disagree that you can know this.

Clizby Wampuscat

Yes, I do think his "change of mind" was so that he could gain or keep political power or influence. Maybe VP was a long shot, but a shot he decided to take. And if he didn't get VP he could get some other position. Same reason Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham "changed their minds".

Sure, all Vance has to do is explain that before Trump took office he thought he might be "America's Hitler" but after seeing how reasonable and compassionate Trump was as President he changed his mind.

And then wait for the laughter to die down. Which will take some time.
Vance has already explained his change of mind. People do that, Harris ran against Biden in 2020 primaries and called him out for opposing busing and siding with segregationists, which is true. She changed her mind too and according to you it would be because she wanted power.

Clizby Wampuscat

That's better.

That's untrue. I know intelligent people
who are simply "low information", & like
his style of attacking Democrats.

My quip was simply an "in kind"
response to yours about me.
You can't see when something is
tit-for-tat? Oh, dear.
Again, according to you there cannot be any good reasons to vote for Trump, we are either all idiots or low information people.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I can see it now.....
Biden's campaign ads will mostly be clips about
Vance's earlier candid opinions about Trump.
"America's Hitler"
"Cynical *** hole"
"Cultural heroin"
"Moral disaster"
Vance can try to explain away his comments.
But there's no way that he won't look like a lying flip
flopper willing to lick Trump's boots to be Vice President.
I think you are going to see a lull in attack adds for a bit