• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus came and what???

InChrist

Free4ever
What I don't get is Christians who claim Jesus is the new Adam and had to die and be sacrificed since the old Adam failed. Firstly, I don't get why he HAD to be sacrificed because that isn't a rule I would make if I was an all powerful rule, but ignoring that.

I don't understand how Jesus died for our sins. Adam sinned and it manifested with dying, pain in childbirth, snakes have to eat dirt, men have to work for their food, and some other things. If Jesus died for our sin and our death is a manifestation of sin then why do Christians still die?

I will never understand how Jesus did anything to conquer original sin or how he thwarted any of Satans plans. Satan seems to be getting along pretty well.

It is understandable that you, or I for that matter, would think that "isn't a rule I would make" because to start with we are not God and we don't have His perspective on sin or complete understanding of the situation. As sinful humans we don't think sin is all that bad. The scriptures indicate that, God on the other hand considers sin to be a terrible thing which He will not allow to exist forever. Sin is dealt with by death, which in biblical terms is separation from God for eternity.

Jesus did not come the first time to fix this fallen physical world, but to save and change individuals who and give their lives to Him for transformation and eternal life. Sin, Satan' influence, and the fallen state of this world are temporary until Christ returns.