• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is God.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I really want to know your opinion if u can .....about what you think of Kaaba in mecca....do you accept that kaaba is pre-islamic and people are worshipping a Shiva Linga there ?

Mecca by name has been mentioned in Quran once only:
[48:25] And He it is Who withheld their hands from you and your hands from them in the valley of Mecca, after He had given you victory over them. And Allah sees all that you do.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=48&verse=24
Another time it has been mentioned by the name Becca, which is considered, a name of Mecca in earlier times:
[3:97] Surely, the first House founded for mankind is that at Becca, abounding in blessings and a guidance for all peoples.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=3&verse=96
The Arab Meccans believed in Allah, Muhammad's fathers name was Abd-ul-(a)llah, which means Servant of Allah.
There is no clue in Quran about Shiva Linga and or its worship in Quran.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Jesus is God ???!!!

Jesus was never a god, clues form NT-Gospels:

1st argument #45
2nd argument #76
3rd argument #82
4th argument#104
5th argument#176
Anybody who would like to comment on any of the arguments, please click the post number and argue about it.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Jesus is God ???!!!

Jesus was never a god, clues form NT-Gospels:
1st argument #45
2nd argument #76
3rd argument #82
4th argument#104
5th argument#176
Anybody who would like to comment on any of the arguments, please click the post number and argue about it.

Regards

It is a point of satisfaction that my friends in the forum have understood that Jesus was neither a god nor he was capable of being G-d. Right?
Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
That website does not represent Islam opinion on Jesus (pbuh).

I believe if you are just believing a website or the opinions of Islamic teachers without looking at the fatcs you will never come to the truth. However my experience is that people who believe an opposite view reject the truth when they find it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
All of those statements can't be taken seriously because New Testament was written many years later so you can't really expect that those are accurate quotes of the Yeshua ﷺ.
Would you believe a group of people who claim that a human was god and picked by hand that which will be considered as the word of God or believe the actual word of God (hint: Quran) which states the opposite? I'm surprised that so many Christians can't see the issue in their belief - a "hybrid" of men & god, making statues of him and paintings then worship it (or either to visualise to what they are talking to, no much difference in my opinion), use pagan symbols (hint: cross was used by Rome who was pretty much pagan, fertility symbols for Easter, etc.), pray to people they claim to be holy and hold powers equal to God (e.g praying to St. Peter to help you with some sickness or to some other saint to protect you on your trip), let's skip the prayers to angels & archangels because that goes same for saints, etc.. etc... Trinity is not nature of God, it was made up by humans to fit their needs to make Yeshua a god and control the mass more easily. God is one, He stated that multiple times throughout the Torah & Quran.

I believe God is one means Jesus, the Father and the Paraclete.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Also, let me just add that Jesus cannot be God because yet refers to "the Father" numerous times, and logically "the Father" cannot be "the Son". When dealing with a question about the "end of times", he says that only "the Father" knows for sure, not he. Also, if one believes that Jesus is "the final sacrifice", how can God be sacrificed to God?

I believe the Father is not the Son but they are one God.

I believe this knowledge is experiential and Jesus does not need to be around until then.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe the Father is not the Son but they are one God.

I believe this knowledge is experiential and Jesus does not need to be around until then.
As long as this is what you believe, I have no quarrels with that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
As long as this is what you believe, I have no quarrels with that.

I believe I try not to quarrel but sometimes people leave me little choice. However it would be nice if you commented on the reasoning since my belief is that beliefs should be reasonable.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe I try not to quarrel but sometimes people leave me little choice. However it would be nice if you commented on the reasoning since my belief is that beliefs should be reasonable.

OK, if I say "my father", does that mean that he and I are the same? Doesn't it imply that we are not?

When Jesus said he didn't know when the end of times would occur and that only "the Father" knew, doesn't that imply that he and "the Father" are not one and the same? On the cross, Jesus prays to his "Father", so how is it that we would have God praying to God if they were one and the same?

What I believe you are missing is the theological concept of Jesus being of God versus Jesus being God, and I think it's quite clear that the apostles and authors had in mind the former, not the latter.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe the God in me is the same one that is in the Bible and Qu'ran. ie I can tell by what He says and the way He says it. Also the Paraclete was promised by Jesus..

You are absolutely right about God IMO and scriptural verification. But how do you deem that the Parakleetos to be God himself?

If I just saw one scripture in the bible saying Jesus is God Almighty I would believe. I never come across any scripture in any bible translation, because it's not there I don't think. Correct me please and show me if I am wrong somebody.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If I just saw one scripture in the bible saying Jesus is God Almighty I would believe. I never come across any scripture in any bible translation, because it's not there I don't think. Correct me please and show me if I am wrong somebody.
First please check from the NT Gospels; did Jesus ever mention from his mouth the world "Jehovah"? Please
Regards

Last edited:
Of course he did, are you kidding me? His God and Father Jehovah was all he talked about as well as the Kingdom of God and the blessings it will bring to those who are loyal to God. Um one of the scriptures I can remember off the top of my head is Luke 4:8 when Jesus said: "It is written, 'It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service." That's what he told Satan when he was being tempted in the wilderness by the devil. This was right after Jesus got baptized and dedicated his life to Jehovah. Please see also Matthew 4:10.

Never did Jesus try to claim worship from Almighty God like Satan did, and he never tried to make himself equal to God in anyway. I answered your question, now please can you answer mine. Are there any scriptures in any bible translation that say Jesus is Almighty God?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Of course he did, are you kidding me? His God and Father Jehovah was all he talked about as well as the Kingdom of God and the blessings it will bring to those who are loyal to God. Um one of the scriptures I can remember off the top of my head is Luke 4:8 when Jesus said: "It is written, 'It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service." That's what he told Satan when he was being tempted in the wilderness by the devil. This was right after Jesus got baptized and dedicated his life to Jehovah. Please see also Matthew 4:10.

Never did Jesus try to claim worship from Almighty God like Satan did, and he never tried to make himself equal to God in anyway. I answered your question, now please can you answer mine. Are there any scriptures in any bible translation that say Jesus is Almighty God?

Luke 4:8 - kai apokritheis ho ieesous eipen autw gegraptai kurion ton theon sou proskuneeseis kai autw monw latreuseis

Where does he say Jehovah?

And no, the bible does not say Jesus is Almighty God. Not in those words anyway.