• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is God.

What people have to understand is that even if the trinity was fully explained the chances are remote that we would have the comprehension to understand it. God is not limited by time and if he created the earth, then created Jesus it is still possible that Jesus existed before the earth. That makes absolutely no sense to our brains and we can't scientifically prove it but there is no math equation that can measure an omnipotent being.

I know that could seem like a cop out argument and I apologize for that and I tend to at least try to not make items of faith a basis for my arguments but there are certain theological beliefs that require at least a measure off faith.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
He did claim to be the Son of God. He claimed that He and God are one. Did you miss all of the quoted scripture in this thread? Or did you just decide that you don't care about it because Mohammed didn't say it himself?

Who are you going to trust, Mohammed or all of the authors of the NT? I know who I'm going with, how about you?
In Bible All prophets claim to be sons of God, I believe its just honor label .

Jesus is God,That authors claims, Jesus(pbuh ) never said I am God, or worship me.

Who die in cross God or Son of God ?

What is greater sin more than killing God or His son?

First Baseman

Retired athlete
In Bible All prophets claim to be sons of God, I believe its just honor label .

Jesus is God,That authors claims, Jesus(pbuh ) never said I am God, or worship me.

Who die in cross God or Son of God ?

What is greater sin more than killing God or His son?

What do the verses quoted above say that Jesus said? All of your post is mere deflections away from the Holy Word of God.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
What do the verses quoted above say that Jesus said? All of your post is mere deflections away from the Holy Word of God.
I did not quote verses in by last post, I post important questions ,you ignore/skip to answer!!, and real statement that :Jesus(pbuh ) never said "I am God" or "worship me. "

First Baseman

Retired athlete
I did not quote verses in by last post, I post important questions ,you ignore/skip to answer!!, and real statement that :Jesus(pbuh ) never said "I am God" or "worship me. "

No, you have a reading comprehension problem. When Jesus said, Before Abraham, I AM, He is clearly saying that He is God. The Jews knew that and that is why they wanted to stone Him to death. You, sir, are wrong.

Raahim

مكتوب
No, you have a reading comprehension problem. When Jesus said, Before Abraham, I AM, He is clearly saying that He is God. The Jews knew that and that is why they wanted to stone Him to death. You, sir, are wrong.

Like, really? If they knew he was God no one would be more happy than them, and people stoning their own god is simply stupid argument.
"Before time I was" isn't equivalent to "I am God".
I quote one website on this topic:
Indeed, if GOD SAID no man can see Him and live and yet a man saw Him and lived; then, GOD is proven a liar!
This statement can be clearly found in Torah.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Before Abraham( pbuh)I am DOES NOT mean forcely that he meant that he is God.

Jews killed/disagree with many prophets before,so for that God sent them many prophets, that not the only reason.

I guess they disagree with him because he preached about last messenger of God which non-Jewish one.

Raahim

مكتوب

Jews killed/disagree with many prophets before,so for that God sent them many prophets, that not the only reason.

I guess they disagree with them because he preach about last messenger of God which non-Jewish one.

Sometimes I think it's not worth talking with blinded ones brother. Inshallah he will see the message of Quran.
Save your energy brother on this one.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Sometimes I think it's not worth talking with blinded ones brother. Inshallah he will see the message of Quran.
Save your energy brother on this one.
There are many Christians here and around the world need to lighting them,at least ,they could saw how he is deal with my questions and points :)

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Agreed.

Like, really? If they knew he was God no one would be more happy than them, and people stoning their own god is simply stupid argument.
"Before time I was" isn't equivalent to "I am God".
I quote one website on this topic:

This statement can be clearly found in Torah.
No, it is clear that you have no idea what would be 'properly said,', and how, in this context. You need a contextual understanding of the expression used /for Deity description, and what would or would not be said,//culturally , and religiously, thusly.

First Baseman

Retired athlete

I guess they disagree with him because he preached about last messenger of God which non-Jewish one.

Wrong. The only person referred to in the Bible as I AM is God. That wasn't even a a good try on your part. I get it, though, your pride won't allow you to admit you're wrong. It's okay, I understand. ;)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
The Christian scripture is neither written by Jesus nor dictated by him, it is just opinion of the scribes who had written a gospel-book . The Christian scripture also does not give reason for the claims it makes, so it cannot be from the Wise God.
Regards
And what evidence do you have for any of the sweeping statements you make? Without citing any proof for your assertions, your words are as empty as you believe ours are.
"The Christian scripture is neither written by Jesus nor dictated by him"
It is simply correct. Jesus did not write anything himself.
The main even is Crucifixion of Jesus. Jesus could not and did not dictate it to anybody.
"for any of the sweeping statements you make"
Since what I have written above is 100% correct, so it is not sweeping statement. It is an obvious fact.
"Without citing any proof for your assertions".
It needs no further proof so it is a fact not an assertion.
"your words are as empty"
My word are full of meaning. Right? If not prove them wrong, please.
"as you believe ours are"
You are simply wrong.

Regards

jaybird

the passage in exodus is I AM WHO I AM - eh·yeh a·sher eh·yeh

Jesus says I am - eimi

eimi and eh·yeh do not have the same meaning, close but there is a variation. it is not enough to proclaim without a doubt that Jesus is claiming to be the Lord most High.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Jesus says I am - eimi

eimi and eh·yeh do not have the same meaning, close but there is a variation. it is not enough to proclaim without a doubt that Jesus is claiming to be the Lord most High.

Jesus says Eimi.
The greek OT says Ego eimi ho on. The equation should be between ho on and ego eimi.

Nevertheless, you are right.

First Baseman

Retired athlete

Jesus says I am - eimi

That's just nitpicking. Every Israelite knows what I AM means. If you would study up on Israelite customs and traditions more you would know what it means, too.

There are other scriptures in which He says He and the Father are One. I guess you can deny that, too, but you don't change a thing. We know what it means regardless of your twist on it to fit your particular faith.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Jesus is God ???!!!

Simply wrong, Jesus was never god.
Second Argument.
From Bible:
The clues that Jesus was not god, he could never be.
G-d does not get born. Jesus was born to Mary, so he was a not god.

Regards
First argument #45

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Jesus is God ???!!!

Simply wrong, Jesus was never god.
Second Argument.
From Bible:
The clues that Jesus was not god, he could never be.
G-d does not get born. Jesus was born to Mary, so he was a not god.

Regards
First argument #45

Poor logic. You don't understand the trinity or how it works. You need to brush up on your NT knowledge if you are going to debate it.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Poor logic. You don't understand the trinity or how it works. You need to brush up on your NT knowledge if you are going to debate it.

Hmm. Could you quote the bible and show unambiguously where it tells of the trinity?

Imagine no one knows of a trinity. You have not heard of a trinity. But the bible clearly tells you that in nomine patri et fili spiritus sancti

Edit: In fact Ill give you an unambiguous statement as an example.

The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. - Mark, that has the marken priority.

Last edited:

anonymous9887

bible reader
The trinity
Father, son, and holy spirit are god, and all equal.

Jesus own word
John 10:29
My "father" who has given them to me is "greater than all"

That means this would include Jesus and the holy spirit, because they teach he is a person.