• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Stop proselitizing Bahaism.
I guess you ran out of arguments so you went for the juggler. :rolleyes:

Baha'is believe that God sent Baha'u'llah so we believe God knows who He is.

There I fixed it.
How does that change anything?
If God sent Baha'u'llah, then God sent Baha'u'llah, and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it.
You can call Him a false prophet and go on believing what you believe but that won't change anything.

I will be watching for all the Christian posts that don't say "I believe" in front of their beliefs.

Oh, I did not have to look very hard! @jimb did not say I believe that Jesus is God, he stated it as a FACT.

The OP is nonsense! Jesus is God. The burden of proof lies on those who dispute this fact. #2,159

Sargonski

I

The OP is nonsense! Jesus is God. The burden of proof lies on those who dispute this fact. #2,159
No TB .. assumed premise fallacy --- the burden of proof lies with those claiming that it is fact that Jesus was the God of Abraham .. "The Father" . The fact that you used the term proof .. in of itself tells a story but one step at a time.

Standing against your naked claim ... the claim you have yet to support never mind prove as Fact .. is evidence from the Bible .... in which Jesus himself states/infers the Father is someone other than himself .. "in clear unambiguous terms" - well over 10 times clearly and in context .. such as when he prays to "The Father -- who art in Heaven .. hallowed be thy name which is not Jesus" in the Garden begging his God not to make him go through with the plan .. ultimately deferring to the will of his God .. which turns out to be not the will of Jesus .. so even their will's are not in common .. never mind these being the same person .. and then Jesus crying out that his God has forsaken him .. this God doing not the will of Jesus .. but his will .. "my God my God .. why have you forsaken me" cannot be interpreted as Jesus calling out to himself ... Can it ?! Jesus calling out to himself while hanging on the Cross - does not make it past the giggle test .. the person saying something to the effect of "only a fundamentalist" .. which no serious scholar takes seriously .. .. but you were not going to argue that anyway ... Right !? You don't really believe that Jesus was calling out to himself while hanging on the cross in some kind of masochistic delerium .. forgetting that he is "The Father" ... Right !?

Against the backdrop of just a fraction of the times Jesus claims his God is not he .. let us now have your answer .. . and support for your defacto claim .. proof as opposed to evicence :) har har .. OK just evidence will do .. letting you out of the ridiculous bar you set ... Proof -- Homer

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No TB .. assumed premise fallacy --- the burden of proof lies with those claiming that it is fact that Jesus was the God of Abraham .. "The Father" . The fact that you used the term proof .. in of itself tells a story but one step at a time.

Standing against your naked claim ... the claim you have yet to support never mind prove as Fact .. is evidence from the Bible .... in which Jesus himself states/infers the Father is someone other than himself .. "in clear unambiguous terms" - well over 10 times clearly and in context .. such as when he prays to "The Father -- who art in Heaven .. hallowed be thy name which is not Jesus" in the Garden begging his God not to make him go through with the plan .. ultimately deferring to the will of his God .. which turns out to be not the will of Jesus .. so even their will's are not in common .. never mind these being the same person .. and then Jesus crying out that his God has forsaken him .. this God doing not the will of Jesus .. but his will .. "my God my God .. why have you forsaken me" cannot be interpreted as Jesus calling out to himself ... Can it ?! Jesus calling out to himself while hanging on the Cross - does not make it past the giggle test .. the person saying something to the effect of "only a fundamentalist" .. which no serious scholar takes seriously .. .. but you were not going to argue that anyway ... Right !? You don't really believe that Jesus was calling out to himself while hanging on the cross in some kind of masochistic delerium .. forgetting that he is "The Father" ... Right !?

Against the backdrop of just a fraction of the times Jesus claims his God is not he .. let us now have your answer .. . and support for your defacto claim .. proof as opposed to evicence :) har har .. OK just evidence will do .. letting you out of the ridiculous bar you set ... Proof -- Homer

That was not my claim. It was the claim of @jimb in his post #2,159

I do not believe that Jesus is God, for all the reasons you stated, and many more.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
@jimb cannot support his claim that Jesus is God. He has no evidence let alone proof.
He only has two verses that he 'believes' mean Jesus is God, and he badly misinterpreted those verses. :rolleyes:

John 1:1 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.